Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aquor Caves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW, a level 8 character has soloed these caves repeatedly without issue, so it can be done without a group.
    Well, I am sure I can build a level 8 character who can do this. That is not the point though. Or do you want everyone to do powerbuilds, hm?

I can feel the player's pain when their characters are smothered left and right and they do not stand a chance...
    Playing Asha'easaahae Illeleste & Frem

Comment

Originally posted by Anauroch View Post
      Well, I am sure I can build a level 8 character who can do this. That is not the point though. Or do you want everyone to do powerbuilds, hm?

I can feel the player's pain when their characters are smothered left and right and they do not stand a chance...
      Not every dungeon is supposed to be playable for every level range. If we did that then it defeats the purpose of having dungeons. Some are more difficult than others. If everything in Sundren was on par with bandits or spittlefists people would complain they are bored.

If you find a dungeon too tough... simple! You're too low level.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus Mursadus View Post
        Not every dungeon is supposed to be playable for every level range. If we did that then it defeats the purpose of having dungeons. Some are more difficult than others. If everything in Sundren was on par with bandits or spittlefists people would complain they are bored.

If you find a dungeon too tough... simple! You're too low level.
        Or you need a gang with you

Comment

YAY for the gang!

You're too low level.
          I'd say too weak not too low level - as Jhiroth's comment shows. But do not get me wrong - I am all for dungeons/areas which are difficult. I'd rather have lots of good challenges about than everything being to easy.
          Playing Asha'easaahae Illeleste & Frem

Comment

The level 8 character isn't entirely doing it through the most... ah... fairest manner, but a fighter with a mage should be able to do it.

Comment

Well, if a level 8 can solo, yay for him. Of course theres going to be people who just powerbuild, but what about the people who aren't making the super ultimate fighting machine? ive went in a party of three and gotten myself killed easily.

Comment

When you get into ranges like this, it starts paying to think about party diversity and the like. I think that if you'd had a friendly mage along to buff your armor, or even toss a Stoneskin your way, it would have been a cakewalk. ^^

Not meaning to presume anything, though, maybe you did. Still, I have generally found it very challenging but not impossible. Even lower level characters in a group that's looking out for them can do well.
                Adama who was once called Adama Hrakness, sacred paw of Mielikki

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
                Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul

Comment

Yeah, we're not saying a party of three rogues can take it

Comment

they hits 15's and 18s on me ><. But all right, maybe a mage will help along the way. Just as long as he doesnt burn my hair with a fireball.

Comment

I'll monitor people fighting them, if I see an issue, I'll look into moderating them a bit.

Comment

@ Ralek:

Originally posted by Raksha View Post
                        And do not, do not, ever forget either scrolls of Protection from Alignment or a caster who can do the same, especially for your tank!

A confused high-level fighter with a greatsword + squishy mage / rogue characters = bad day.

Only 19 gold a pop at your convenient Rodwick Mage Supplies outlet. :P
                        He means protection vs. good so that your own party can't hurt you as badly, I think.

Comment

Actually -- I don't know the exact mechanics, but every time I have had protection from evil cast on my character, the confusion gaze has been completely nullified. Remember, it provides protection from mind-affecting spells, and that's A Good Thing.
                          Adama who was once called Adama Hrakness, sacred paw of Mielikki

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
                          Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul

Comment

Nice catch, Raksha. Had assumed the mind-effecting immunity was alignment based.
                            I had thought you were going for the bonus vs. good (assumedly your companions); that's one way to find out if your party members happen to be evil, haha.

Comment

Remi, er... wandered into the caves (curiosity got the better of me) of course I hadn't read this thread at that time and nearly pee'd myself when the Umberhulks spawned BEHIND me! So there I was, just me and my trusty lil' bow sneaking around the bugs, hulks, and what-not and just trying to find a way out of there with my hide in one piece, luckily for me my speed made up for what my stealth lacked and I high tail'd it out with a teensy sliver of life remaining. (sorry if anyone ran into my spawns )

Needless to say I am more cautious when exploring alone now

Comment

Well.. Abigale and Claron went there together in the caves. We survived but we did have some close calls. I guess the only downfall was Claron did have to suck down massive amounts potions and said his healing to recieveing gold ratio was not really worth going down there.

Abi is maxed out at 200 percent at 7th level and she recieves 80xp per beetle or Umberhulk.

I think the Umberhulk is fine in my opinion of hitpoints but the beetle has a wee too much Hitpoints. I like the fact that the beetle do hit hard but is just too long to kill. I had Abi at +16 ab with 2 attacks due to her Divine power spell with Claron at the flank and its a bugger killing one of those beetles cause they got so many hitpoints.

I think the Umberhulk needs a lift in Attack bonus. They really never hit me or Claron that much and usually players that walk in there are gonna be with someone who has protection from evil . This is just my take on it.

I guess I can also say.. if I felt like taking Abi out on an XP run.. I would rather go fight Mossclaw or Sestra ghosts then Umberhulks or beetles cause you can kill them faster then the beetles. I could kill 3 gnolls and get about 80xp in the same time of killing a beetle and not have to heal myself a billion times.. plus.. 3 gnolls will give a better chance of drops then one beetle .

You could also just raise the XP amount on the beetles too .

Also! it would be cool to have some sort of Uber umberhulk down there or something.. a chief of somesort.. thats always fun!
                                Current: Dae'Vesta, freaky female half-drow assassin

Like Metal ? ----> http://www.myspace.com/cryofsickness2008

Comment

Working...
                                X