Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A warning.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cdnspr View Post
    Just a little note, wording is key; things like "you might feel _____" tend to go across alot better than outright statements, since it suggests a reaction while leaving things up to the other person.
    I have to disagree on that, how can anyone say how another toon might or might not feel? if you want to gauge how a toon might react it would be better to get to know that toon. For example, many dwarves that Kharn has met have been fairly taken aback by him, he hates mining or crafting of any kind, hates being underground and often gets lost....he serves a god that protects the dwarven people yet feels compelled to try to protect everyone...the list of is idiosyncrasy's is endless and the only way to know about these things is to interact with him. If the player RP's in such a way that another player can pick up and expand on it then run with it thats alot better as the next time the two interact it becomes alot more like the way you would react in real life. If you apply that real life reaction to a fantasy world setting you cant go far wrong in my opinion....
    (join the legion)
    Choose your destiny,test your might,be a dwarf.

Chuck Norris can believe its not butter.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989

Comment

well, i mostly had in mind using that to convey initial impressions, or to expediently get across a "vibe" that may not be easily communicated to someone by factually listing a life history and enumerating likes/dislikes. i had a good example of it written down, but ended up editing it out. oh well.
      Aggribayl Blakfyre - The man known as Bayl, aka Little Red Riding Hood, aka The Shield, aka Mr. Leaving, aka Kyle Rendell
      Cryok, Son of Frigiss - aka Fross-Choppa
      The Kegfists - Dwarven brothers likely to die under eachothers' axes
      Jarvis P. Bloggins III - Gnome with a Long Title
      (And too many more to bother listing)

Comment

Sorry for saying this but....Why is there a thread about this?

i mean isnt this something that should be for DM's eyes only?

And why get all excited about stuff like this..i generally just tend to make an Ingame Conversation Ender and BAM! the person leaves me alone or ill have an excuse to beat him/her up ingame

Anyway im just saying that this is probably one of those problems you really cant solve 100% since all people have individual interpretations of whats Metagameing and whats not.

Anyway those are my two cents.

Regards.

Comment

Just a last reply:

[url=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/]

[url=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/]

Comment

Drama drama drama...

Looking at what's been produced it honestly seems that this is a lot of huff and grump over nothing - This could easily have been resolved in-game without resorting to airing dirty laundry on the forums.

I don't see this thread developing into anything worthwhile so I'm closing it, frankly I'm tempted to delete it outright.

If the OP or anyone else wishes to continue this then they can bring this up in private via the help forums, not in public.
            It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
            Sydney Smith.

Comment

Wow... Reading the posted tells, I'm sorta confused how this got this big A few sentences in honest mistake and threads spawn?

Come on people, it's not all that.

Comment

In the future, please bring any gripes of this level to the DM team and not the public forum. Even not naming names can spin out of control, like this. If you're going to sound angry and ominous, people are going to ask questions and be curious. Don't start drama please -- simply address it with the individual or escalate it to us privately.

Chill out yall!
                "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
                -Bill Maher

Comment

Working...
                X