Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temple of Sune - Aquor

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple of Sune - Aquor

I decided to stick one in since I had the map laying around and there are Sunites popping up all over.

omgbbq!

Thaaaaaaaank you!
    Evelyn Meriadoc - One Step Ahead

Comment

Prepare for hot lovin' and pretty people in togas.

Comment

I like the temple, it was well designed Sunite material. Only part i dislike about it, is its location. Not exactly in a place Sunites would want to be.

Thayans basically police Aqour. Its next to the Enclave, where slavery and other well-known inhumane activities go on. The town itself is surrounded by the lawless, which would put a hamper on movement of objects of beauty that Sunites try to promote so much of (jewelry making, paintings, other expensive things) as it'd likely be stolen.

To me, such a temple doesn't fit Aqour's quality, due to the unethical standards they're surrounded by -- they love beauty in all its forms . It is more likely to fit in with Sundren City. Or you could say the Lliirans couldn't finish off all the payments for their temple in Sestra, and make that place into a joint Sunite-Lliiran temple.

Just my 2 cents; don't strike me down or turn me into a chicken.

Comment

And to add to Cirion's list of unpleasantries, it's snowy in Aquor, they'd get cold in their togas!

Comment

It's funny. The moment it opened, Saulus said Cirion would say something about Red Wizards XD

Aquor isn't "Surrounded by Lawlessness". Unless some DMs have gone crazy lately. It's actually supposed to be home to many of Sundren's nobility. And as such quite a prosperous place. Considering the wealth of the Sunite temple is high because nobility tend to drop coin on them, it made sense they'd push for a temple to Sune to be in their neck of the woods.

Who knows, maybe the landscape may change because of it I mean, Sestra isn't better. Lizards hopping out of the ocean to eat you, and Sundren is a military fortress, not a city

Comment

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
              Who knows, maybe the landscape may change because of it
              Sune has the power of terraforming? *changes the deity of all his chars to Sune*

Comment

Apart from the fact that Sune already has a massive number of worshiping points across Sundren (Namely, and this may take a few characters: The Bath House, The University, Talent and Balance, the bardic shop in Aquor I can’t remember the name of, The Sundren Comfort, the inn in Aquor, the inn in Sestra, the inn in Mirakus, every other inn in Sundren, everywhere that someone’s heart has been lifted by a beautiful song, every sonnet that has inspired lovers, every item that has inspired a poem, every view that has inspired a painter, every kiss that has inspired love, every comedy that has made people laugh, every drama that has made people think, …. I’m sure you get the idea).

While some people may desire a temple, it’s always worth remembering that the nature of Sune portfolio is extremely abstract, what makes one persons heart soar with joy may make another want to vomit themselves to death with contempt.

The Temple could be considered nothing more than a gallery – a place to house or show the finished works, a place that changes slowly with the seasons and allows her worshipful to gather together and discuss things.

However, it is not where most of Sune’s work takes place – that happens in the garret rooms, the artists studios, the tailors, the inns and the heart – That is beyond what a temple could ever do, and why most of Sunes clergy would be spread out across the land, each working within their field of expertise and with like minded people.

Aquor makes perfect sense for the Sunite temple; it is a merchant holiday spot, a playground for the rich and famous and already houses the main bardic supply store and a very fine tailors – It’s exactly where a large gallery should be.

It’s also perfectly placed to oppose one of Sune’s enemies: Auril.

((I had to trim a lot of this out - I ended up writing a bloody essay on the nature of art, inspiration and beauty by accident.))
                It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                Sydney Smith.

Comment

The lawless part was due to the several past events concerning the Cartel problems for nearly 2 years, and with the caves right next to the entrance (even one that leads out to another side of Aqour) being used by cartel gives a strong hint at heavy criminal activity.

But if we take away the nearby Cartel bit, there still leaves the more important part -- Thayans. Its like a loving happy nearly-hippy community suddenly setting up their new home right next door to some Nazi collective. Sure the latter -- despite being well-known as slavers, demonology, performing scary magical experiments -- is supported and even protected by the government. And you said the rich live nearby. But would the loving community, which is based completely around pursuit of love and beauty in life, even want to setup right next to this group?

I could see a church of Tyr there, as a huge "we're watching you!" to the -many Banite following- Thayans and as an open show of their work against them in a form. But Sunites as a whole don't favor such behavior, they're more likely to avoid such groups (talking about their regular clergy here, not the Brothers and Sisters of the Ruby Rose Order.)

Even more, they're not like followers that just like some of the ideals of Sune. Instead the clergy hold love, beauty, and passion as the major parts of their everyday actions and what they eagerly promote/search for. Sure, some will have slightly different interpretations of the meaning. But this will still put the church far away from those that are hateful, ugly, and cold to emotions. And 9/10s of the Red Wizards in Sundren reek evil not just in reputation but tone and creepy mannerisms as well; I think Pyras was the only one that put a decent fake image as someone not thoroughly evil.

And for those that love alignments. It's basically like putting a CG group right next door to a LE group. Outside of their Ruby Rose Order many of the Sunite clergy may be artists or romantics, but they're still very good in alignment. Unless the Good group is looking for trouble, they don't seek to live nearby someone like the Thayans. Especially if by living right next to them involves living in an area where Thayans have jurisdiction. Then again, with the reputation I brought up about Thay, it's amazing anyone would want to live under Thayan jurisdiction.

Comment

9/10s of the Red Wizards in Sundren reek evil not just in reputation but tone and creepy mannerisms as well;
                    There are 10 red wizards in Sundren?
                    Originally posted by Saulus
                    Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

We can chop them up until there are.
                      sigpic
                      Gravity is a myth; Earth just sucks.

>>> Flame Warriors! <<<

Comment

Artists and creatives mixed up in an area where there might conceivably be problems with the law and drugs? That'd never ever happen.
                        Last edited by Doubtful; 02-01-2010, 06:41 AM.
                        It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                        Sydney Smith.

Comment

Perhaps it is simply a matter of perceptions or opinion.

Personally, if feels odd to me that there is a Sunite temple in Aquor. Just does.

But I would rather have it, than not.
                          "For here, apart, dwells one whose hands have wrought/ Strange eidola that chill the world with fear:
                          Whose graven runes in tomes of dread have taught/ What things beyond the star gulfs lurk and leer.
                          Dark Lord of Averoigne- whose windows stare/ On pits of dream no other gaze could bare!"

-H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Doubtful, I never said there wouldn't be creativity or artists there - please be respectful - don't act like I said that; don't stretch what I said.

But as for your earlier statements Doubtful, I bet being in a city that is nearly a fortress would beat having to live next door to an Enclave where stories of inhumane practises that would terrify even the most hardened of men would push loving Sunites away. Not to mention we're not talking about some neutral-aligned clergy that don't care about good or evil, they're still Good people also believe in Love. You're forgetting the other aspects beyond just beauty.

But your statement that most of the beauty is at the artists gallery or away from the temple, then all the more reason to have the church constructed elsewhere away from Thayans that would offend the Sunite Faith.

Comment

I'm not gonna get involved in the discussion of why Aquor may not be a good place for the temple of Sune, but has Sestra been considered? Can I ask why it was decided against? with the temple of liira already there and that other temple devoted to i forget who, it seems like the ideal hippie love-in to me.
                              Aggribayl Blakfyre - The man known as Bayl, aka Little Red Riding Hood, aka The Shield, aka Mr. Leaving, aka Kyle Rendell
                              Cryok, Son of Frigiss - aka Fross-Choppa
                              The Kegfists - Dwarven brothers likely to die under eachothers' axes
                              Jarvis P. Bloggins III - Gnome with a Long Title
                              (And too many more to bother listing)

Comment

Working...
                              X