Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craft/Profession/Knowledge skills: open to all base classes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can max out any skill any of your classes has as a class skill, it will just cost 2 ranks for skills that are cross-class in the class you are leveling up in.

If you take Able Learner that eliminates the extra cost for learning cross class skills and can then a single level of whatever you want to max out what you need.
    James Arrow: Potion Vendor

Comment

Oh that's right... I forgot about that feat. Ignore my last post.
      Dice Rolling Site
      Pathfinder SRD
      D&D SRD
      SKETCH-A-MAP SITE

D&Dwiki

Comment

Originally posted by Qinniqtuq Aggaak View Post
        I did not mean to make it sound that way.
        Sorry I was not trying to put words in your mouth. It only spawned an idea in my head that "its is the some of one's skills that make there class" not the other way. I know it can not be implemented here but some games the more use a skill such as edges weapons the more you progress down that road.

It was more a way of thinking about why there are such a thing as cross-class skills.

I do like the idea of just simply points added to ones skill as they progress in that class and "skill points" could be used equally anywhere, but I think that would have the same results.
        Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide
        Alexandra: Ever faithful (just shy of a Zealot)
        Yodglum: May Kossuth's flame light your way and burn those in it!
        Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same

Comment

Originally posted by Lothoir View Post
          You can max out any skill any of your classes has as a class skill, it will just cost 2 ranks for skills that are cross-class in the class you are leveling up in.

If you take Able Learner that eliminates the extra cost for learning cross class skills and can then a single level of whatever you want to max out what you need.

Does Able Learner work in Sundren? I tried it early on and it only gave me +2 in the skill not the 1 for 1 that it is describe in the manual.

Perhaps I should test it again.
          Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide

Comment

Make a character, then choose the feat at lvl 1. You'll be leveled to 3 so you can check it out as soon as you log in, then delete the toon.
            James Arrow: Potion Vendor

Comment

My fighter has it; works fine!
              Originally posted by roguethree
              If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

for give the "of the subject question" but this is an active tread started by Kaeldorn who is most knowledgeable in the subject...

The wiki guide states:
                "A positive con modifier reduces recovery time by 30 minutes per point. So a 14 con (+2 mod) will decrease time needed for fatigue replenishment of 1 point by 1 hour (from 24 to 23 hours)."

Is that based on natural (unbuffed) con?
                Does equipment buffs (that are kept on all the time) effect this?
                Does spell buffs (temp) effect this?
                At what time is it taking a look at con mod to calculate the time of reduction? Does it re-look at the con mod after a point is doped to calculate when the next one will?

Comment

not to add to OT threading.

but what about curses and poisons do these factor?

Comment

Originally posted by nezzerscape View Post
                    for give the "of the subject question" but this is an active tread started by Kaeldorn who is most knowledgeable in the subject...

The wiki guide states:
                    "A positive con modifier reduces recovery time by 30 minutes per point. So a 14 con (+2 mod) will decrease time needed for fatigue replenishment of 1 point by 1 hour (from 24 to 23 hours)."

Is that based on natural (unbuffed) con?
                    Does equipment buffs (that are kept on all the time) effect this?
                    Does spell buffs (temp) effect this?
                    At what time is it taking a look at con mod to calculate the time of reduction? Does it re-look at the con mod after a point is doped to calculate when the next one will?
                    It uses your base con, just like fatigue cost calculation.

Comment

So dwarf fighter 1 has 18con (22 buffed)! You will gets a +4 mod on your crafting right?
                      Originally posted by roguethree
                      If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Thank you for the information!

Comment

Working...
                        X