Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scouting The North

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dryn has uber-ranks in Survival and planned on providing Winter Survival gear, including:
    • Frostfur tents and clothing.
    • Snow shoes made from sinews and Icewind Fir.
    • Metal climbing gear suitable for ice and snow (silk ropes, climbing spikes / hooks).
    • Food rations enriched in animal fats.
    • Bundles of fire wood along with flint-and-steels.

In terms of the mundane base items, I can prep the clothing before the event as we have a great deal of frostfur built up in our stores. I can also forge up some mining-picks/gnomish-picks to stand-in for climbing-picks and some boots to stand-in for showshoes & climbing-spikes. Dryn also has a great deal of Icewind Fir on hand to exchange for snowshoes and firewood.

In addition to the above, Dryn has already collected 50 bottles of tasty Hold Ale and 50 bottles of Longstrider Ale to hand out to the explorers. Lastly, before the group departs Whurest, I was hoping to get Glyir, Fali, or Dryn to lead the group in twin devotions to Vergadain and Marthammor Duin culminating in a benediction for the expedition.

Comment

I will be there if welcomed, seance I am a squire of the Knights of the Northern Watch of Port Avanthyr.

Michael Zollas,
      Templar of the Broken

Comment

Kimaris (Michael's knight) was invited along to protect Eve, but while I might be on for the whole event, I could be called away for work-related nonsense at pretty much any moment, so committing to an event seems unfair.

Kimaris would prefer to send Michael along to fill that same role, but we don't always get what we want so whatever happens is cool
        Aleister Kimaris - Dragonblooded Knight of the Northern Watch

Comment

Krya has been devoting a large portion of her time to the procurement and study of atlases, starcharts and maps for the area. She will need sufficient materials to document and chart the expedition.

She will provide expertise in climbing as well as contributing to survival and knowledge Geo/local(spine)

Don't forget rope Dryn.

Comment

*wakes from blissful slumber*

Glyir seeks waterproof cases for scrolls and maps for the expedition (EDIT: acquired in-game)

plus the packs it is implied we cart all our inventory around in.

Oh yes, and rope. As Kusco and GB have stated, can't forget rope. And in-game inventory hammers to drive in spikes as well as the ice-axes Kusco mentions (Glyir will endure Fali's gloating at a later stage).
            Last edited by Intrepid42; 01-02-2014, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Ronus will be carrying climbing gear and cold weather gear. Also some trail rations and wine skin of fire whiskey to warm the bones.
              Characters
              Verity Chimera - The Brimstone Bard - "Hey, wanna see a trick?"
              Nora Windwood - Greenleaf Disciple - When a Druid Hugs a Tree, the Tree Hugs back! - Retired
              Ronus Stonewall - Dwarven Pathfinder - Drunken Scout of Whurest

Comment

Tyranus brings with him his large explorer pack to carry extra gear that others are unable to carry, like a pack mule. (700lbs carry weight so I can hold around 350lbs of gear for the group or whatever the limit is for the pack) He also has his climbing gear and trusted pickaxe and mining gear with him.

Along with the explorer pack Tyranus brings along his usual supply of potions,trinkets and bandages and will have his two axes, tower shield and... Ale!

Comment

Evelyn's contribution comes in two parts, personal and via Dryn's hired vessel which she is providing.

The Charming Betsy, a schooner class vessel prized for its speed, maneuverability, and shallow draft. It has been lightly armed and provisioned with both sustenance and some healing supplies for the expedition, and is manned by a crew of 20 (a few extra hands from the minimum required crew of 14). On board are two experts in hydrography, coastal geography and maritime engineering, armed with the tools needed to take the appropriate measurements (sounding lines, compasses, drafting materials). The Meriadocs have also hired out a cleric of Valkur to accompany the vessel, bless its mission, and serve as a point of communication with the land-side group.

Besides healing stuff and rope, the only unusual equipment Evelyn will be bringing along is an Astrocompass, which - according to its description - is particularly effective in areas where a traditional magnetic compass would be thrown off by polar areas, metal-infused mountains, etc. Evelyn has a copy of a recent nautical almanac procured from the Hold's library, which is required for its use.
                  Evelyn Meriadoc - One Step Ahead

Comment

(( I just heard that loot wasn't divided up at the end of the event. I understand fully that it was a long event and we were all pretty tired, but we need to rectify this.

Can we all gather OOC to split up our findings?))

Comment

((I thought this was clear at the end of the event, we were waiting for a meeting time where we would split up the loot.))

Comment

((Was news to me as I cut out before the end. ))

Comment

(( Anyhow, as long as there is a plan in place and it is followed through on. Zypherman, do you mind taking the lead on the loot dividing?

Who has the loot? Ronus? ))

Comment

((Between me and Ronus ATM. Lets just set a time in game with the rest of the expedition, and divvy it out OOC))

Comment

(( Here is a new doodle poll for next week.

Can the folks who participated in the event and wish to be in the running for any of the items we found please weigh in with your availability? We will meetup OOC at Schild Bunker. If you wish to opt out, please say so.

Thanks! ))

Comment

(since tyranus is pretty well geared he wont be going)

Comment

Working...
                                X