Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual Wielding and Weapon Spec Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bard's actually make pretty good dual wielders, even dex based. Why? The courage inspiration. It'll end up adding +5 to hit and damage to all attacks, and doesn't get half strength damage to off-hand. Bard's do not get keen, they get weapon of impact, which only applies to blunt weapons. So unless you find some really great maces, I'd say go with handaxes. Those are d6 damage x3 crit, and can be keened by a wizard or bard. Instead of having to take weapon of impact, you can pick up a different level 3 bard spell... haste, displacement, despair. AB is the all important factor, and your damage won't come from base weapon damage, it'll come from your song, the frequency of hits, and the bonus elemental damage on your weapons. Let us not forget at 18, you'll have legionnaire's march, which would grant you the highest BAB in your party... turning you into a killing machine with 7attacks. Bards really do make fantastic dual-wielders, it just takes most of their feats which could have been applied to song/metamagic, and you probably will be dex based, so you'll need finesse too.

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone.

The problem I'm stuck with is taking a bard and forcing it into a divine champion. Square peg, round hole, I know. But, that is where the RP goes, and so must I!

So I'll nevere get Legionaires, unfortunately. I'm really just trying out how to best fit the DC prereqs and not be too weak.

I guess what I've resolved is to find weapons with high crit ranges, like rapiers, to dual wield and take advantage of the eventual power critical feat. Thanks for the input everyone.

Comment

I guess what I've resolved is to find weapons with high crit ranges, like rapiers, to dual wield and take advantage of the eventual power critical feat. Thanks for the input everyone.
        Someone somewhere mentioned dual-wielding two kukris... high threat range although slightly less damage.
        Playing Asha'easaahae Illeleste & Frem

Comment

Don't forget, all you people calculating as if the PC will be lvl 20 right off the bat, or even in a week or two, it ain't going to happen here, unless something turns out really whacked in terms of XP's being given out.
          PC - Corwin Eska'las (Sun Elf pursuing the dream of becoming a Bladesinger)

Alt PC - Brevin Smoothands (meticulously groomed half orc bard swashbuckler... sort of... sings great, less fighting)

Comment

Grab a Falchion (18-20 Crit Range), Improved and Power Crit (2 feats), and Keen Edge. You then get a 12-20 crit range and an 8-20 confirm range, making almost half your attacks critical hits! If you're feeling lucky, tack on Improved Power Attack for an extra 12 damage.
            Virsing Etorix - blood thirsty axe for hire.

Faderiel Rashedwa - singer, dancer, noble.

Comment

As far as I know, improved critical hit does not stack with keen?

Comment

Power Critical doesn't does that The confirmation is based on the AC of the target, you just get a "+4 to hit" on that roll. So if you usually would get a +6 to hit, you have +10 to confirm a critical, that's all

Comment

Keen edge doesn't stack with improved crit in NWN2
                  PC - Corwin Eska'las (Sun Elf pursuing the dream of becoming a Bladesinger)

Alt PC - Brevin Smoothands (meticulously groomed half orc bard swashbuckler... sort of... sings great, less fighting)

Comment

Having a keen weapon and improved critical in Neverwinter Nights II does nothing.

Comment

As per the 3.5 D&D rules...

(in 3.0 they stacked)
                      Playing Asha'easaahae Illeleste & Frem

Comment

Ohh.. woops! Sorry if I misled anyone. I just transfered from NWN 1 and have never read any of the 3.5 material.
                        Virsing Etorix - blood thirsty axe for hire.

Faderiel Rashedwa - singer, dancer, noble.

Comment

Working...
                        X