Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Growing Pains -- a mothers trials (Cybil Gelley)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cybil sat in the loft of the barn, looking out at the field. Her eyes red, her face looking dull and a bit expressionless. She recalled the package sitting in her room again, she was barely able to tear any more.

Dearest Niece,

As you have likely discovered before reading this letter, we have found Cybil's Soul and Cybil's Heart, the rapiers that you gave Ru'umel for your engagement and wedding. We found them along with remains of an elf; although they were not identifiable, these were found close by. We can only assume that they are his. We both know that he would not leave them for any reason. I hope you have support there for this news, I know it is not easy. We thought it best to let you know as soon as possible.

Take care, and know that we will always consider you family,
    Your dearest Uncle,
    Fae'joun.

She had looked at the rapiers and her heart sank; she had fallen to her knees and wept. He had been a bastion for her, a secret strength she had for such a long time. What would she do now? What meaning did anything have now for her? Her partner was gone. She spent more than a day avoiding everyone she could... but she had things to do, and she busied herself doing them as best she could. Until she found the loft and she sat looking out the window.

She looked down at the children of Sestra playing, a faint smile came to her lips. It was followed by a look of determination and a nod, wiping her cheek with her sleeve. "You're right my love, there is still a child out there that either needs to be freed or put to rest. That is what we agreed to, and that is what I will do. You will be at my side." She felt a strange warmth beside her and smiled at the children again with more compassion.
    Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
    Cybil Gelley (Retired)
    Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

I know where they are. They will pay for the sacrifices we've made. One of their Overseers is dead. Their allies are without their guidance. * the page still has tear stains - Cybil had been weeping for hours now at the loss of her allies in the fight * Maia I dragged out of the Gruumite temple; Leckith, Lauan and Karthas are still in there. Hopefully with the confusion they are still alive and the Orcs will no have time to do anything to them.

My guess was right. The Graveyard is a buttress for the Black Hand.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
      Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

How can I trust them? They keep secrets, they don't share information. They've kept things from me that are vital to my sanity! Maia scowls at me for wanting to know; she defends Osclow for it. My child is somewhere in that forest, and he knew about the Banites being in there from someone with first hand knowledge. If that's the way they want to play this game, so be it. I will find other allies to help me in my tasks.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

Professor Gryff believes that my shadow can, although with some risk, be liberated, from the Abbaddon or the Shadow Plane to which it fled after it was stripped from me. I will require a Shaman of the Spirits for it, hopefully my friend will be of help.

He also suggested that, by any means necessary, if possible, get rid of the mark on my back. He believes that it may be ... draining me, keeping me from completing my tasks as Ilmater wishes them to be completed. Like a tug of war with my body in the middle, pulling me apart and draining my physical strength, even though my Spirit has grown since that time.

Either task will not be easy, he believes that the cause of my aging is more likely do to the mark and it's effect than the loss of my shadow, but it must be retrieved anyway. It may not be part of the effect, but it has been missing for too long.
          Last edited by Fezzik; 07-14-2009, 10:54 PM.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

I require a book, from a man in the Exigo, apparently a collector. I have to convince him that my cause is worthy enough to part with one of his pieces before the effects of the mark on my back get worse.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

I have the book, now it is a matter of finding the information I need. One of the Sisters mentioned the mans mannerisms and I told her I still felt like a married woman. I miss him. I could use his strength in the coming days. Someone to help me with my burdens.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

I am disturbed by news that I didn't think I would ever hear. Despite the attacks of undead in Mirakus, Aquor, Sestra and the Port, Brother Baragorn has told me about a ... sickness he received from a woman claiming to be a god. The symptoms seem very similar Cirion and Peridans affliction. Something dark and terrible moving him to aggression.

That is not wholly what disturbs me though. I have not seen Krinda in a long time; and now a woman, cowled and masked appears, claiming to have reached godhood; could she have found it among the advent? Could she have become so deluded in her quest to seek out the Overgod that she failed to remember why she wanted to do so in the first place? I can only hope that I am wrong, that it is merely coincidence.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

He's come back. I had nearly given up hope, but he came back. Dragged out of the forest to the Gates of Sundren by his faithful companion.... he needs rest and care now though. I'm not sure how much he can stand just yet, but we'll see.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

The feeling was unbearable. Past the cathedral, there lies a place of power obviously for Bane. Osclow and I could not approach it. A shooting pain shot through me from my back. I must get rid of this mark...

I talked to him today. He seems eager to help me alleviate this, even though he doesn't remember. I was gentle, easy and tried to keep him wary of what he might be getting into. He is the author, I am sure of it now, and it pains me that the final reaction I got from him was so much pain and suffering. The choice is his from here on in. If he doesn't or cannot help me, I will have to find another way to remove this hideous mark... although I do not know what that could be; if it isn't removed, I will not be able to get to my child, and I may not survive much longer.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

Death of a martyr

Saff has died... ran through by a legion sword begging for peace. One side has held out it's hand, and it's been slapped away. Hopefully they will continue to offer it; the legion must come to grips with it's deep seeded anger, of there will be not change, no hope and the conflict will continue. Anger will lead no where but to more conflict.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

Slowly within her, she could feel the ill thoughts begin to grow as the ritual started.

"Cybil," she could feel the anger and hate of the thing with in her. "Cybil... the Crying God has betrayed you... has betrayed everyone you care about."

She grimaced slightly... the two circles still burning to her right and in front of her... the third with the sword still vacant.

"Within my grasp, within my glory, you can achieve a true dream within this land... a glorious Utopia, Sestra, can be only the beginning if you will only Take my hand!"

She frowned and pushed the thoughts away, "NO!" To the side, Ru'umel and Cirion looked on with concern, but did not move, as instructed by the old Sage Gios.

"Cybil, stay with me!" She heard the voices without, but he shouted louder from within.

"I have your friend... you know whom I speak of. He's mine. Don't you with to help him?. " She could feel a light chuckle... she continued to renounce, denounce and berate the essence within.

"I'm certain the elf can be persuaded. Think of your happiness and the children you will have someday". Her Ire increased at the thing... how dare it talk of children to her; she would wrestle back her child one day if she had to excise it from his grasp directly.

"There is a way to see your child again... and make the ones you have with the elf well-provided for."

"Embrace me Cybil Gelley. Love me. Accept me, and you will see how generous I am to my chosen.!"

The voices outside called to her still and she grimaced. She felt it's ire boiling and simply smiled.

"You Fool. You FOOL!" The power within started to spread through her body... she had felt pain before, but never so encompassing... until it subsided and left her... moving to the third circle, and the sword laying there.

"You misjudge me... ", gasping she took breaths, "Just like your minions so long ago." She paused ... the voices outside her head becoming more prevelant as the anger withdrew. "You're the.... fool".

The sword took the essence, the sage held it in the circle and weakened it until it could be destroyed... she was to weak to save the old man, and Cirion and Ru'umel could barely weaken the sword, but it shattered and with it the essence was gone.
                        Last edited by Fezzik; 10-11-2009, 12:40 AM. Reason: massive typos

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

Working...
                        X