Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Growing Pains -- a mothers trials (Cybil Gelley)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing Pains -- a mothers trials (Cybil Gelley)

Ripped from my womb, but still alive. A sacrifice that may save them made by a man who is not their father. A madman, trying to touch the gods, to become immortal.

We've found his journals, and we have found the key to deciphering his notes among the dead advent in the Necropolis. A key to get past his curses that keep us from reading his thoughts. That book is vital now. We need it to get to him and to understand what he has done, and how to undo what he has done.

Melchior says there is little hope for the children, that they may be abominations. I cannot let that happen. I will not. I have had to many failures, to much sorrow, to much pain has been caused by my actions or inactions. I cannot let the children end like that. If I fail in this, I don't know what I'll do.
    Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
    Cybil Gelley (Retired)
    Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Cybil smash!!

I went and got the book today. Together, with Etria, Osclow, Annie, Alyrian and Cirion and Yashia. We poured over the tome. He truly is a madman, to seek godhood. We cannot, will not let him succeed. We found a diagram of the apparatus that he intends to keep the babies alive until his sick, abominal experiment is through.

I needed to break something, so I went to Virdale. The goblins and ogres were their usual beligerant selves and would not pay attention to anything other than the Star of Ilmater along side their heads. The orcs however... their fortifications were ablaze, and no orc was to be found. They had fled. I looked about quickly, but found nothing there. Obviously our mad man would not have left the bodies there if he had inteded to use them for his purpose. So many things happen in the valley it's hard to keep up.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
    Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

Who Heals the Healer?

The bitter words that Yashia spoke still linger in my mind. Etria and Ru'umel both have helped me in the last few days. But if the children are dead, and will be abominations, it will take every ounce of my being not to do something horrible to the one that took them from me. I can't let my emotions, my hatred and seething rage, overcome me.

I know it will be the end of me if I do. Everything I am, everyting I was, will vanish. He must live, and remained as unharmed as I can let him be. Others must decide what to do with him. If the decision is left to me, his death, will be long, slow, and extremely painful.

He is my only hope to restore them to what they should be. If he cannot do it, then I will break, one way or another. If they leave me alone with him, then I will end. If not, then I must ask Brother Melchior about the trials the Broken ones are put through. Ru'umel is right. I have spent to much time helping, aiding and healing others, and I've neglected myself in the process.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

Ill news

I haven't been out to much, here and there, helping the commoners in need, healing the sick. The waiting is dragging on me, and I don't know how much longer I can stand it. And the news of the raid in Virdale is disturbing at best. How could he manage to create so many abominations in such a short time. Numerous seasoned adventurers, and some of them nearly fell to their doom!?

And what of the child, and the woman they found. They lay in the Temple of Helm, being prepared for internment. We need to see them first. I need to see him. It can't be one of the babies. The child they found around 8 years of age from the sounds of it. Unless. No, I can't think of such things. Ru'umel says that the gnome Perry, who I've met briefly to talk of the Cooperative, is searching for information in the Temple of Oghma. I hope there is no way that the child was one of my own, although I weep for the mother who lost her own in such a way. This madman has to be stopped. I need to get out of this room!

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

Putting the pieces together

I feel a bit useful again. Yashia and I discussed the charity 'problem' in Sestra. Anyone that would use the common folk, manipulating them with apparent good will, cannot be trusted and shouldn't be. The cartel could be involved, but likely only as a go between. Stealing goods from the city and funneling them to Sestra. More likely they are just pawns, being used by someone else; likely the Veritas.

Zeiruik, Cirion and I took a trip to Sestra to investigate the caves, to make sure that the Ogres and Lizzards were not somhow involved. There was no evidence that they were. We went to Schild next. After a false start, we went again, with Pom and an elven Wizardess. We pushed our way into the hold, but didn't enter their hall. With more help, this would be a good place to look for more clues. Lauan and Daelus think that the Veritas are out to help the people of Sundren, and that just because they are rebels doesn't make them evil. Anyone that uses the common people, manipulating them to fight their war for them, cannot be considered anything but evil.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

Frustration

The apathy of other adventures is getting to me a bit. I feel a bit irritated that no one seems to be doing anything, so I've taken up to my old habits of helping younger adventurers when I can. It seems that the older veterans seem to only want to take risks if something cataclysmic happens. This lull has put everyone into a very dangerous mood. I don't plan on being caught off guard.

There are still numerous threats out there to the people of this valley. The goblins continue to harass the Virdale, and their brethren and allies are likely just biding there time. The necromancer is still loose; if the children were growing in his sick chamber, then they are likely born - I will not abide by this either. Ogres and Lizards continue to try to forge alliances near Sestra - the people there are starting to become affraid of leaving their homes, as one traveller in the Gates said. The Veritas link to the charityI has also not been confirmed. WHAT WILL IT TAKE??? Does the city need to be burned to the ground again before any action is taken?

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

Conflicted Customers

It seems odd that similarly functioning weapons would have such differing reactions. The Skullcleavers, now allies, are satisfied with their axe; Cirion, not at all with his sword.

Cirion and I went to the Necropolis to test out his new sword. I was satisfied with the results, but he seemed tentative about them. We continued through until the feasting hall. Despicable Advent abominations! One of the souls within was actually alive, with forks and knives stuck in her still! We took her out, not venturing further in.

Currently I'm trying to help her heal her emotional scares. I have a strong sympathies for this girl, because I've been through something similar; but my own suffering at the hands of the Banites seems pale in comparisson to what this poor girl went through.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

harried mistakes

..."What do you want me to say? Do nothing then" Cybil didn't appreciate the tone of Lauan's words, but she knew she was right. Something had to be done... anything. Try and try they continued to find no sign of the necromancer.

So they went to Viridale, to the Ogre caves, to leave fresh materials... again, for the necromancer to hope that it would flush him out. Was it right? Cybil knew it was cruel in it's own way. What other choice did they have? No clues, no way to find him... and for it, what did they get this time? Meram dead!

So she went to the Four Lanterns and drowned her sorrow, self pity and self loathing. She was stopped though. He nocked the drink out of her hand, but the effects of most of the alchol were still in her system. Upstairs to change; she warned him not to come into the room, he didn't understand the warning... and she attacked him. Peeling off his armour, kissing him... his lips, his neck... but he stopped her... he dared to stop her!

She was infuriated
                . "GET OUT!" She shoved him and pushed him down... then tried to scramble over him to open the door so she could throw him out! But she tripped over him, accelerated her stumble as she tripped over his armour... head first into the door with a thud.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

doubt

I question my faith in myself. What do I want? I told the two of them one thing, it took some time for Ru'umel to understand, but he does now at least - he is the one that I need. But what else do I want here? I'm surrounded by pain, either my own or the pain of everyone else. Why would there be so much suffering around me, if I'm not meant to help relieve it -- but I haven't been able to, and it just keeps getting worse.

And there is a question of other faith. Sune sent a messenger directly to Cirion to talk to him, to inform him of what he had to do. Nilinus recieved a vision from his god, a completely different god, about my children and the necromancer. I actively look for him, and I get no guidance. I get no guidance for anything. Is there something... Could Melchior's fear have been right? Could someone other diety interfered with the blessings from Ilmater? Is that why I am unable to commune with him, to seek guidance as Tamryn does from Torm? If that is true, what power would be so vile as to interupt such a thing?

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

healed heart

“You’ve been through a lot my child. And I understand why you came back, for advice and solace, but I expect you know the answers to the questions you ask now anyway”

Cybil slowly nodded her head, knowing the revered brother was right. She had spent the first 17 years of her life listening to him say the same type of thing, and now, with her head on her arm and her hand in his, kneeling at the edge of his death bed, she knew he was right.

“I have to keep my feelings tempered when the time comes. When I see the necromancer again, I cannot let my actions follow where my feelings might take me. Whatever answer he gives me, I have to keep my mind strong, or he’ll win a victory in his death. I can live with letting the law deal with his crimes.”

The old man nodded. “You know what you did, although at the time might have seemed fool hearty, but it was a sacrifice many of the Ilmatari have made over the existence of the orders. If others do not see this, then they do not understand us. We have a propensity for doing things that are seen as.... foolish and hopeless, even to the tormites”, the old man chuckled and coughed into a wheezing fit. “Although...” he continued after a few moments.

“I endangered my children in the first place, yes”, she nodded and he smiled at her warmly. “And the other major question, I should release him from his vow, shouldn’t I? It isn’t right for me to keep that link, that hope for the next life. She will want to be with him, and it isn’t right for me to think that he could have both of us and keep us both happy then. But.... I should wait to tell him that I’ve released him from the vow until well after he’s married and settled down with Yashia. If I tell him before that, he may try to change his mind about how he really feels about her, but I will tell him.”

The old man smiled at her and nodded. “That would be wise, yes, considering what you’ve told me about them. They still have not healed from the scares of the past yet it seems. I’m glad you understand now, my child, that sometimes seeming like we can alleviate suffering now, does not always end well in the future. Do not take to much on at once, and pause for a while before you do anything. You were overcome with emotions that we should have warned you about when you were growing up, but you were more mature for your age and we didn’t realize that we were leaving an important part of your education out of your studies. But at least you understand now Sister.” She looked up at his warm face, this was the first time since she had come back that he called her by her title, and she felt a warm, comforting feeling. He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep. She knew the things she had to do now, and her time away from the valley was something she needed. She loved Ru’umel, and she would marry him and be happy; she would deal with the necromancer with temperance that only a Broken One could handle in the face of such evil; she would let Cirion’s vow go, and let him spend his eternity with the woman that loved him, and whom he loved, and whom he needed to spend it with.

She stayed for the burial of her old mentor, her surrogate father, grandfather and teacher. She said goodbye again to her Brothers and Sisters, and departed again for Sundren. Only time would tell what things would happen there, but she had a clearer mind now, and she could deal with sadness and grief. Her heart was healed again, once and whole, and she was ready to give it all to the elf that waited for her. The evils of a necromancer or anything else would no longer keep her from wedding him; there was no need for it. She had waited because there were things unfinished. She would wait for him though, if he needed the time.
                    Last edited by Fezzik; 12-01-2008, 10:03 AM. Reason: spacing

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

starting anew

Zhurkel is dead. He was assassinated in effect before he could talk. The Hin that did it, I will not trust him again, whatever his motivations for his actions. Worst of all, the necromancer was not a traitor to just the Advent, but also the Il’Koresh! All this leaves us with more answers than ever now. The matriarch took a child, a boy, for her granddaughter, as a groom. Was it our child? I don’t know. If it was, where is the girl, his twin? Before we could get our answers the source of our information had been extinguished. Now the Banites may or may not have one of our children.

Regardless of these actions, there are two things that I intend on doing now that I’m settled here again. First, to put aside any possibility that I may still be an unwed mother, marry Ru’umel – even if my children are dead, we have waited for far to long for this; a simple ceremony will do. Others can have their grand celebrations, this isn’t important to either of us, and we’ve agreed on something small and simple.

One of the reasons for the marriage of course, is to join again, the Triumvirate – if I am unwed and a mother, they will not have me. So out of the letter of their judgment I will end that thought. I will not accept anything less than some tests. Others faced challenges before they were allowed into the Triumvirate. Even though I’m an Ilmatari, I do not see that as being reason enough. Why do I think I need to be tested? It isn’t so much as a matter of need, as want. I have a desire to show what I can do for them now, what I’ve become, how I have grown, and more importantly, what I can still learn – not out of hubris, but out of humility. I don’t expect that the coming battles will be easy, far from it. I suspect that many around me will perish if I am not prepared and they are not prepared, and I need to be tested to make sure that I am prepared. I will talk to Melchior about these two things when I get the chance, and he is available.
                      Last edited by Fezzik; 12-05-2008, 09:31 AM. Reason: spacing

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

Begginings...

Not the most wonderful of new starts to be sure, but I faced the judgment for breaking the laws of Sestra. I cannot enter that town again, for an indefinite time. So it stands, I could not aid in the last attack; although, in a way, I did. The Yuan Ti have been seen twice outside of Sestra now, and potentially a third. Near the crossroads, in Exigo Trade Post, and the druids tracked... something, in the Virdale.

My first two trials are finished now. I do not know what the third will be, only that I will know that I have completed it when it is done. I will continue to do what I must for the people of this valley, and wait for it to come, since I doubt that I can truly seek it out.

I have thought for a long time that I should talk to Tamryn, to ask her more questions about her infertility, or barreness as she put it. I'm sure she's exhuasted all the minds that she could on the subject, but, it is still something that I would like to try to help her with if I could.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

updates

It's been a while. The Yuan Ti attacked Sestra again, and they've been seen in the Virdale with goblins, ogres and orcs.

We went to the Necropolis with Lauan. Peridan and I were nearly killed, and then, Lauan made some sort of deal with a necromancer to raise us. He nearly turned us into zombies in the process - mindless thralls that did his bidding. Wether it was Alcanders insistance on using Ru'umel as leverage or my will resisting the last command I was giving the end was the same. He died, and we had to be purged of dark magics at the Helmite Temple.

Sir Jamie, a rather old, but otherwise pleasant knight of Tyr, is recovering from his jaunt in the city with a young man, whom we have yet to find. Osclow has his eyes and ears looking for him, but we have to wait I think until Jamie comes to his senses again. Somone wasn't looking out for him as well as they should have, and he slipt out of the temple with a greatsword. A man is dead, but thankfully, a man that was supposed to be killed on site by the guards - an escapee sentenced to death for his involvment in the most recent plague and poisining.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

Cubes, teeth and orcs

Do I believe Nocte? No. At most, if the Orcs do have the Cube, which seems unlikely -- why would the Moth Oira allow them to have it? Could the orcs have taken it from the elves? I doubt that as well -- they live in a place where only they can control magic, shadows and other creatures of power.

If what is rumoured to be true about the cargo that the Thayans have, the I believe they should never be trusted again. To hold a being of such power and ancient lineage... are they fools? They are either very lucky, or have been deluded into his sway. If they manage to deal with him, as we know that they can, to finish his tyranny, then so be it. Let them do it, and buggle their triumph. If they don't, they will show their real colours yet again.

We need to find a vampire head apparantly, and that will likely mean at least a trip to the necropolis.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

Yuan-ti and Naga; believe either side? Most are more inclined to believe the Naga, since they have treated at least a little bit with the druids, but they are still suspicious of all. They were slaves to the Yuan-ti; but that doesn't excuse their activities if they are violent, and more than I excuse Lauan's obvious disregard for human life by allowing her Gnoll, under her command, to murder someone in the Exigo Trade Post the day they took it over.

An a slightly better note, Leckith is slowly recovering from his loss. He still has pain, and anger, which is to be accepted. These are stages of grief, but all the stages must be gone through to come to some resolution. As long as I can help him, guide him through those stages at whatever pace he needs, I will do so.

I've talked briefly to Osclow. We both agree that while the Yuan-ti are a threat, the Cube, and the Heritic are more pressing issues. We will watch the Yuan-ti, and deal with the more serious threats first.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

Working...
                              X