Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official player-joinable factions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragoncleric: More factions will come in time but for now we have an abundant list from a development standpoint. It is very likely you will see something for mages turn up eventually. I know myself and The Id had already discussed this.

nutranurse: Players are permitted to make their own organizations but the Sundren staff will not support any such initiative for various reasons.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
      This is not the end-all list, there will be more eventually added. Unfortunately it is unlikely we will ever have factions directly hostile to Sundren as this can cause too many gameplay issues for us to solve in a large online environment. Again I stress the fact that it's only factions that are directly hostile to Sundren. For indepth information on the above factions please see our wiki.
      So, the dark advent is unlikely to become joinable?
      Zorn Terinus - the arcane scientist
      Drogan Ebonshield - the dwarven mercenary

Comment

Dark Advent is getting redone. For those of you who lived through the Fiasco of the last incarnation will realize that it's nothing like it was before. The old design didn't fit lore, first off, and was very... ummm... I got no idea what word to use. Goofy?

So, what the future will be is up to TheId I just know it was unanimous to change it from old take on it.

Comment

Hmm, chaotic chars should still be able to work in groups IMO, *Shrug.* They can always break the rules secretly... XD. I'm not sure where Valen would fit in though.

Comment

And don't even get me started on criminal organisations.
            Lawful? They may follow a code but they wouldn't be criminal if they were law-abiding now would they?
            There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

Players who join existing factions within Sundren can look forward to a variety of rewards however, with all gains come a cost. Do not expect to be able to align to more than one group at a time and it's likely that there will be some restrictions for joining each group.
              Sunder me? Sunder you!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragoncleric View Post
                And don't even get me started on criminal organisations.
                Lawful? They may follow a code but they wouldn't be criminal if they were law-abiding now would they?
                'Lawful' in an alignment does not mean that they may follow the actual laws. Alignments aren't as rigid as that; a lawful neutral/evil character in the underworld may be bound by the laws of the underworld, but not necessarily the laws of the state. Additionally, chaotic characters could abide the underworld's/state's laws out of fear of repercussions or the like. Chaotic != blatant and unrepentant stupidity.

These alignment grey-areas bring a smile to my face.

Comment

I brought up the Elven group because of the particular lore of the Elves. They do not play well with other races and usually look down on most other races. So, why would an Elf join the red blades or the militia, when most likely they would be fighting with and probably led by a human?

Maybe the Ranger or druid path would be better, if there are quests associated with them; however, I didn't see the rangers or druids as a joinable group?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganKing View Post
                    I brought up the Elven group because of the particular lore of the Elves. They do not play well with other races and usually look down on most other races. So, why would an Elf join the red blades or the militia, when most likely they would be fighting with and probably led by a human?
                    I agree with this... but from what it sounds like additional guilds maybe made later.

Comment

Eh, then work towards making an elven community. *Shrug.*

Comment

Originally posted by Echelon13 View Post
                        'Lawful' in an alignment does not mean that they may follow the actual laws. Alignments aren't as rigid as that; a lawful neutral/evil character in the underworld may be bound by the laws of the underworld, but not necessarily the laws of the state. Additionally, chaotic characters could abide the underworld's/state's laws out of fear of repercussions or the like. Chaotic != blatant and unrepentant stupidity.

These alignment grey-areas bring a smile to my face.
                        That's very good to know. I've always thought the law/chaos axis was a bit sketchy, especially since different regions, religions, organizations etc, all have different "law." How a character adapts to being in places where the law is different from his own sense of lawfulness is, I guess, how they are unique.

Comment

Originally posted by wangxiuming View Post
                          That's very good to know. I've always thought the law/chaos axis was a bit sketchy, especially since different regions, religions, organizations etc, all have different "law." How a character adapts to being in places where the law is different from his own sense of lawfulness is, I guess, how they are unique.
                          Basically, you're lawful if you follow guidelines. You're chaotic if you don't. Monks have guidelines they have to follow with their body, mentality, and all kinds of things. Bards are free spirits who do whatever they want whenever.

Take a paladin for example. He wouldn't be chaotic if he couldn't break a law that was against his beliefs. However, if he's just breaking the law to do it, then he's chaotic

Comment

I never understood why bards had to be non-lawful. Singing somehow makes you more rebellious?

Back on topic, however, is the Druid Circle going to be a joinable faction again?

Comment

It would be interesting to start a druid or ranger group; however, it would not be supported by the DMs (and I understand that) and it probably would not have quests and ways you could move up in rank or whatever you want to call it and earn prestige and such as you would in the other joinable factions.

That was one of my primary points. I am not sure what type of quests there will be, but it sounds like some of the more interesting and fulfilling quests will be associated with factions.

Comment

Updated. The Hands of Mundus. (See Wiki under Factions).

For wizards and magically inclined, more to come later.

Comment

Working...
                                X