Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official player-joinable factions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official player-joinable factions

This has been the subject of some debate and questioning but I'll briefly mention all the factions that will be joinable with our upcoming Quest system that integrates with faction reputations. This advanced database-driven system when done, will allow players to join the following factions:

- Red Blades
    - Exigo Syndicate
    - Temple of Helm
    - Temple of Triumvirate
    - Sundren Militia
    - Eboncoin Pact
    - The Hands of Mundus

Each one of these factions has a private forum which will be used when they become player-joinable. Users who join these factions will be able to receive quests to rise through the ranks and gain access to better stores, crafting components, and more quests.

This is not the end-all list, there will be more eventually added. Unfortunately it is unlikely we will ever have factions directly hostile to Sundren as this can cause too many gameplay issues for us to solve in a large online environment. Again I stress the fact that it's only factions that are directly hostile to Sundren. For indepth information on the above factions please see our wiki.
    Last edited by GodBeastX; 09-06-2007, 04:55 PM.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Ah, Sundren Militia sounds quite cool..What is the Eboncoin PacT? I cant find information about it.

Comment

Originally posted by undeadsteak View Post
      Ah, Sundren Militia sounds quite cool..What is the Eboncoin PacT? I cant find information about it.
      The Eboncoin Pact is the player-joinable aspect of the Sundarian criminal underworld.

Comment

Ooh! Mmm, too bad my char isnt an criminaly person. That sounds cool though. I cant wait for this stuff to come out. Militia is what im really excited about.

Comment

Eboncoin Pact will be receiving a wiki update in the near future.
          Sunder me? Sunder you!

Comment

Asking the stupid question here but are there race/religion restrictions for any of these?

Comment

There used to be an elven group, can this be created as a faction? They were not hostile to Sundren and actually tried to curtail some of the evil factions that were popping up all over the place, if I remember correctly.

I only attended one meeting and then all the weird stuff in Sundren happened and now we are all back.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganKing View Post
                There used to be an elven group, can this be created as a faction? They were not hostile to Sundren and actually tried to curtail some of the evil factions that were popping up all over the place, if I remember correctly.

I only attended one meeting and then all the weird stuff in Sundren happened and now we are all back.
                Sundren is undergoing many lore revisions, some things were added by the previous group of DMs and left many inconsistencies. As much as it would be nice to cater to every single group and playstyle Sundren as a whole will focus on fewer factions, but provide a much more rich storyline and content-base for them. Elves for instance exist in Sundren but have no predominant group or calling.
                The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Good stuff. ^_^ I can't wait to see how all of this is implemented, and can't wait to join and get started with some of these. One question: while I'm expecting some factions to be mutually exclusive (say Eboncoin Pact and Church of Helm), will it be possible to join more than one faction with the same goals? Say, a militiaman or Red Blades member who also did work for the church? Just a point of curiousity.
                  Adama who was once called Adama Hrakness, sacred paw of Mielikki

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
                  Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul

Comment

I personally don't see any faction as catch-all mutually exclusive. However, you'll have trouble fighting for two militant organizations at once if the shit hits the fan so to speak. I don't see someone needing two commanding officers or two different organizations being okay with that.

I'd say you're either a Red Blade, or you're in the military. That seems to make the most sense.

Comment

Well joining groups has been one thing I've been pestering about for a tad, as any DM who's asked me knows.

The bugger is some of them fit the average character's mold. (All these followers of Helm, Tyr, Torm, etc, and other dodgy sorts: Underworld types etc)
                      Not looking for organisations hostile to Sundren myself, no biggie.
                      But I'm wondering where I can fit a CN warlock hednosist of Sharess who follows his own code, cares little for surfacer rules and laws, and isn't a criminal (nor wants to be, because he finds them repulsive) in this small list. Any work on a spell-like sociaety? I see you have the Thayans up (for example) in Aqur. A little love for the magic-types (even bards) would be grand for a guild.
                      There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

I'd first point out that a chaotic neutral deep gnome nonconformist rebel warlock Sharessian is... errr... the antithesis of organization. :P

That said, I'm guessing from dialogues at the Academy, that it may be possible to do some quests or training with them. However, some guild of mages realistically has little to do in the way of overarching quests and smiting baddies -- the sort of things that can be quantified into quests and agendas. I think that a player-formed Mage's Guild would be a grand idea (for sharing spells and crafting recipes and the like), but they'd really not have enough in common to form a coherent organization with a definable goal.
                        Adama who was once called Adama Hrakness, sacred paw of Mielikki

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
                        Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul

Comment

I'm with Raksha on this one. Organizations tend toward lawful, and that character screams "I don't follow nobody's rules!" Not too good on a resume

Comment

With that logic rangers shouldn't be able to form an outpost. Nor should druids be having a grove?
                            (chaotic or neutral in bent, loners...)

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but it is possible. You've already made the druid grove and the ranger outpost, as the precident. (And Thayans run the gamut by the way of chaotic evil to lawful neutral allignments) That's what I'm looking for wizard/sorceror/warlock wise. A place to simply assemble, and work from there. Allignment has jack shite to do with organisation, even if it is looser then normal.
                            There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

We still are allowed to make our own little organisations, correct?

(Though I understand that the Developers will be doing nothing to for these player-organisations)
                              ~Lyonette L'cyr (Rook)-- Deader than Malaclypse

~Megandlla Uyth 'Llar -- In a land Far Far away!

~Emilee Mistwalker -- A Female Sigrun? Pfft, far cooler--.... eh.... Hated!!

Comment

Working...
                              X