Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious of Sundren community elsewhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious of Sundren community elsewhere

Hey all,

It's been a while since I've visited these forums, but I wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. I recall this community being excellent at RP and creativity, and was curious if the Sundren community had expanded into other games outside of NWN2. I've currently been into TESO and it would be awesome to play with some of you again. Cheers.

I find the problem with big MMO's is that barely anyone plays them to RP...most seem to just want to level up to max, then PvP those weaker than them?

Also, from the trailers the game seems like it's designed for little else than combat. How about crafting? Interaction skills? Building?

Can you make a character that is focused on non-combat skills if you choose to? Thanks
    UTC+8
    Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
    Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Thaelis,

You are pretty spot on with your thoughts about a lot of mmorpgs. I enjoy TESO because I really enjoyed the realm and lore from the Elder Scroll worlds. The play is quite a bit different than what I experienced while playing Sundren, and most people do not RP. Crafting in the game is fantastic, though most of the skills are either focused on combat or crafting. Building hasn't been introduced yet, but I know they are going to be introducing player housing here soon.

Again, I was just curious if the Sundren community had expanded outside of NWN2. I see that Sword Coast Legends was just recently released. Has anyone been playing around with that yet?

Comment

It's funny as the games I play now are so unlike NWN2. I can't remember the last time I RP'ed... sad but true.

There's too many grindy RPGs out there, the only one that comes to mind that I enjoyed recently was Witcher 3.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
          It's funny as the games I play now are so unlike NWN2. I can't remember the last time I RP'ed... sad but true.

There's too many grindy RPGs out there, the only one that comes to mind that I enjoyed recently was Witcher 3.

What type of games are you into now?

Comment

Company of Heroes 2, Rust/7daystodie, Europa Universalis 4, hearts of iron 3, warhammer vermintide, total war rome2, elite dangerous, fallout 4, world of tanks/ships, dynasty warriors, resident evil 6. Thinking of replaying mass effect for a 10th time but I would really like to finally get the dlc for the 3rd one before that.

Comment

Much of my time has been put into Final Fantasy 14. Though lately I haven't been playing much of anything.
              Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
              Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
              Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

yatzee
                My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

I feel like there haven't been any decent games in recent years that can properly cater to the group rp + DM oversight experience. Sword Coast Legends, while offering a very limited set of DM tools, drifts away from the tactical aspect of D&D and is better suited as a Diablo roguelike.

Shards Online has nice terraforming and creation tools for world builders, but the game looks like it was originally created as a Runescape expansion from ye olde 2003 and they repurposed it years later. If Mount & Blade 2 can support online multiplayer, I could see it becoming a rp hotspot on some servers.

I've just been playing single player games and crafting/afking in Final Fantasy 14, personally.

Comment

I occasionally fiddle with a couple of other games, 2012's XCOM enemy unknown/within, plus the originals (I have a filthy love for TFTD) via dosbox. Also via dosbox I love a good Masters of Magic session, often wish there was a sequel. Threw around 20 hours into Fallout 4 before realising it was a brown waste of my life.

Most of my computer time gets sunk in other packages though, I think those Fallout hours are the only game hours I've put in over the last 4-5 months! I just don't feel there's any game out there that'll bring the same satisfaction as Sundren brought - lots of good people writing fantastic stories together. Single player just feels hollow after that.

Rather than being left unsatisfied by games I tend to spend my time in various toolsets, the last 3 months has been largely the NWN2 one, but would normally include UE4, Zbrush and the substance suite. I also need to throw some hours into Quixel.

Plans for the next few months still feature much NWN2 toolset work (I've been skipping back and forth over the love/hate line), after that who knows. XCOM 2 looks lovely and if they deliver the mod tools I can see myself being drawn into a TFTD conversion team.

Also been doing the paper maths (work free time, no computers allowed!) on a character creation/personalisation system in UE4, be nice to log some time seeing if my dodgy workings on paper will bear fruit. If it does I might chuck £100 at the MMO tools package and set up a multiplayer test bed for that and a few other ideas.
                    It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                    Sydney Smith.

Comment

Bought these during steam's winter sale:
                      Pillars of Eternity
                      Banner Saga
                      Broken Age
                      Witcher 3

On act 3 of Pillars of Eternity, still haven't really gotten to the others yet. Being an adult is lame.
                      Originally posted by Saulus
                      Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

I have actually been pretty disappointed with Pillars of Eternity. It just isn't as Epic a story as Baldur's Gate...maybe I need to give it more of a chance, or just turn down the difficulty!

On the other hand I spent a good 80 hours replaying FFVII recently....anyone who hasn't played it should seriously pick it up, (I think it's only like $5 these days??). If you can stand the little square animated people it's definitely worth a 10/10.
                        UTC+8
                        Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                        Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

I'm getting ready to play Final Fantasy 13, and Life is Strange. The latter I'm told is really good, though not multiplayer at all.

Uhm, otherwise I'm another one of the Final Fantasy 14 carebears, Guild Wars 2 on teh side~

I'm mostly just finding games to fill the void until Sundren re-releases.
                          Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
                          Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
                          Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
                          Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                          Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
                          Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

I play World of Warships sporadically (Got my Yamato, it's just not fair to other people to fight that thing). I play some occasional GTA Online but the hackers have ruined that game.

I have mostly been into Rainbow Six Siege lately, with a bit of Battlefield 4 peppered in there. I beat Fallout 4 and enjoyed it, but yes it was more RPG lite than I wished.

Currently XCOM 2 is what I am most looking forward to.... long hours on the couch playing the game in 4K res with my PC hooked up to my TV and an Xbox One controller.

I like the idea that XCOM lost in the 1st one, so it's about the human resistance... it emphasizes a foe that is superior to you, so you must be more cunning.
                            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post

Most of my computer time gets sunk in other packages though, I think those Fallout hours are the only game hours I've put in over the last 4-5 months! I just don't feel there's any game out there that'll bring the same satisfaction as Sundren brought - lots of good people writing fantastic stories together. Single player just feels hollow after that.
                              I agree. Though TESO is a good distraction, I still feel a little shorted at the end of the day. Skyrin was great, but I miss the online interaction. Achaea (a MUD) has always been my fallback when things get like this. Amazing RP, vast world, endless possibilities, however as it is a MUD, it is text based so that tends to turn a lot of people off.

Comment

Working...
                              X