Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max Landis was right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpS6TlqgLIQ (spoilers)

That said, I really liked the movie despite just a touch too much pandering and fan service. The real test will be Episode 8. They need to not Star Trek Into Darkness it. Rian Johnson seems like the man for the job though, given Brick and Looper.
    WWW•REKOV•COM

Comment

I dunno, I thought Cumberbatch captured the essence of ST:OTS; strangely paced dialogue and a scenery chewing performance.
      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
      Sydney Smith.

Comment

I feel like star trek was being groomed to be more of an epic from the beginning.

Episode VII feels like it focuses much more on the key character's and actually works to push back the sequels from becoming becoming some giant political opera/war story. This movie felt like it was trying to grab our attention, and show us that it wasn't going to be like the prequel's, that they were giving it an honest go. As Rekov said, they have our attention now, lets see where they go with it.

Adding more now that I've had a chance to watch it without a tremendous headache; I like the direction they went with Finn and Rey. Finn came off as the more relateable character, since I feel like they tried too hard with Rey to make her a strong female character, she almost became mary-sueish. Overall though I liked them.

And finally before I go to rejoin family; I'm very pleased that this movie is a gross success with lots of positive reviews, as it shows that a sci-fi movie can be successful without building the entire universe out of CGI and just filming actor's infront of green-screens.
        Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
        Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
        Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
        Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
        Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
        Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Working...
        X