Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today, the bombs fall...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ragequit fallout 3 beacuse it had so few qeusts, so few npc, and soooo much wasteland where those bears could charge you miles away. Fallout is dead as an RPG.
    My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
    Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Originally posted by Farmboy2003 View Post
      I ragequit fallout 3 beacuse it had so few qeusts, so few npc, and soooo much wasteland where those bears could charge you miles away. Fallout is dead as an RPG.
      There's 106 quests in the game. Don't run in a straight line through story and actually explore the wasteland and you should be fine next time you play.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_quests

Comment

I haven't played it much, but I am VERY happy they went with voiced protagonists. Courtenay Taylor's ability to convey emotions (gimme back my son enraged or hopeless, happy, etc) gave the character life that wouldn't have been there with text dialog (at least in the context of everything else being voiced) I am surprised and pleased with this development.

And have very much enjoyed the overall gameplay, another one I'll probably hold onto and play for a very long time.
        Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
        Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
        Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
        Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
        Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
        Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

There's 106 quests in the game. Don't run in a straight line through story and actually explore the wasteland and you should be fine next time you play.
          I did play the entire game, but got fed up with those add-on packs, that just added more blank npc and more guns. 106 quests might seem like a lot, but not on that scale the wasteland is in 3D. I spent ages running around visiting so many sites that had literally no other content than stuff trying to kill you, or loot to be looted...
          My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
          Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
            Honestly? It's pretty RPGish still, I'm glad they called up Id and asked how to make good gunplay, it totally outclasses Fallout 3/ New Vegas in terms of impact and animation.
            A long time ago I worked on a stud farm that had a livery yard. A strange job, but one of the pervading memories, aside from being splattered with pretty much every type of fluid known to horsedom, is the way a lot of horsey people treat shit.

"It's not as bad as dog shit" They'd say as they bare-handed horse crap out of the sawdust, oblivious to the many parasites and unpleasant stuff horse shit contains. "and it smells better than cat shit."

I see the same with the Fallout 3 comparison; yes it's better than some shit, but when all is said and done it's still shit itself. The fact they spent so long gushing over how id helped and how it was modeled on (and implied as good as) Destiny really doesn't help. Unless they were to busy being 'inspired' by day-long play sessions of Destiny to implement much?

If Fallout 3 was a substandard RPG apologizing for itself trying to be a shooter, then Fallout 4 is a substandard shooter apologizing for trying to be an RPG. Skills, decent conversation system, non-combat resolution options - All gone.

Bethsoft are much, much better and marketing and hype than they are at producing a good product. Fallout 4 is a great IP, hamstrung by a being glitch filled, bug ridden sub-standard shooter with RPG-Lite elements, a fucking awful dialogue system (the voiceovers are good, but for fucks sake that conversation system is absolute shit) and visuals that would have looked good/great if it had been released 4-5 years ago.
            It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
            Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
              Bethsoft are much, much better and marketing and hype than they are at producing a good product.
              I echo everything in your post. Bethesda has been banking on hype to carry their products ever since they kept a stranglehold on all non-CGI and gameplay media for Elder Scrolls Online before its release, as if they were embarrassed to deliver clips of the game's core content without it being pre-rendered. I used to have faith in the company, but I can't buy into the hype-mongering anymore.

Fallout 4 is still using the same broken and unwieldy Creation Engine from Morrowind's base, which goes to show they're more willing to shell out the cash on marketing and hiring voice actors instead of making something remotely stable from the ground up. It will be another layer of hell for modders to work with --- the return of layering scripts in custom content until your save files are bloated to unplayability --- and it will never hold a candle to Witcher 3's godly engine in terms of general stability.

Just as New Vegas was for Fallout 3, I hope Obsidian Entertainment get their hands on the IP long enough to make something relatively stable by comparison. Otherwise, the modding community will be working overtime to fix Bethesda's mess for the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyssis View Post
                I hope Obsidian Entertainment get their hands on the IP long enough to make something relatively stable by comparison.
                There was a day I never thought I'd see this sentence.
                "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true."
                Yogi Berra

Learn things:http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
                http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Comment

Yeah there is so much irony in thinking Obsidian will make a more stable game. OE's programmers are terrible by comparison.

Most FO4 issues are because it has heavy system requirements. It's not really surprising it performs rather well (I struggle to think of more than 1 bug I've noticed) on my system, but I also have a GTX 980.

The criticism on the graphics is fair, though I still think they are rather good especially when it goes to exterior environments. The textures are a little bland up close (just waiting for that first texture pack).
                  The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                  X