Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-minus 4 days 11 hours!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thaelis View Post
    I just think it's a terrible idea them being linked. It means you can't be a weak person with powerful magic or visa versa. Any powerful wizard will also have maxed out melee damage, as well as being your party's pack mule/door basher which I think is a little silly.
    This is conquered by the power of imagination. Your wizard is still a frail, sickly thing that can barely lift his arms to cast a spell. He just uses his vast, limitless arcane might to enhance his skill in combat, carry objects in extra dimensional space, and blow up puny doors that dare stand in his way. It's not much of a stretch, given the fact that my main is a wizard and he can take about 3 hits in combat even if I gave him a shield and fullplate. I don't picture him being able to arm wrestle a troll even though he has a maxed out might score, more that once he loses the competition with the troll he can vaporize his opponent with a thought.

What I think is the clear takeaway from PoE is two things:
    1) Nostalgia doesn't work for everyone: some of us love the cheesy graphics, vocals, etc. that directly evoke BG 1 and 2 and some of us hate it because it has been 2 decades and things should improve with time

2) Durance is a total, complete, and utter asshole and you should toss him in a fire to be with his whore god

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
      2) Durance is a total, complete, and utter badass!; also he's the best NPC in PoE.
      There we go ...
      "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Comment

Picked this up on sale and got the expansion pass because I hear it's all good. Looking forward to another DA:O like experience (last game I recall that satisfies that type of itch).

I've mostly been living in future-land as far as games go lately, actually to be quite honest I play a lot of Rainbow Six Siege now.

Any fun builds?
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Hate to say I bought the game a few months ago and haven't played it. Gog.com and Bundlestars has ruined me with too many games at good prices. It's on my list.

Comment

bought it and played it a bit past when you get your keep, then it lost my attention. had a rogue with a two handed sword who did great damage but was often the first person down in a fight.

the rpg i plan to re-approach again is wasteland 2, less you guys get this ship moving soon.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

Pillers is worth playing through at least once just for the story. I would reccomend a Cipher purely for the unique dialog options and the fact that the class fits the narrative better than the others. Playing through the Sanitarium has got to be one of the most enjoyable parts of any game I have played in the last ten years. I can't wait for the new planescape game later this year!
              Originally posted by roguethree
              If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Wow difficulty is pretty high on this, I mean I do like a challenge but first bout I want something more forgiving. Fighting a few wolves like it's an encounter with demi-gods of the realm...
                The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Great huh

There should be more of this sort of rewarding difficulty, a character fighting for their lives against NPCs who are fighting for their lives should feel like, well... A fight to the death.

Fights you can start but never have a chance of winning no matter what your gear or level, opponents who have and use the same level of abilities as you, decent behaviour trees. Scaling to your level can just go fuck right off.
                  It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                  Sydney Smith.

Comment

I played a Orlan Bleak Walker of Skane. Was a fun concept build and that little bastard had some nasty critical hits (and quite a lot of them also). A Fire Godlike Barbarian is also pretty brutal and is able to absorb quite the punishment. I never completed the game with him but he preformed quite suitably. What did you all choose to play?

Comment

Yep...no Baldur's gate in terms of difficulty. Also, just go crazy with damaging spells...stack overlapping Ice fogs and follow up with other damaging area spells works for me. Debuffs are relatively useless since they only last 15-20 seconds compared with the 6 seconds/level in BG.

Absolutely agree though, I was killed by wolves and even beetles before getting the hang of things (i have the game set on Hard, which I'm guessing you do too). Makes me wonder what boss fights are gonna be like!
                      UTC+8
                      Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                      Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

I went with the Death Godlike Paladin... the scary horns looked pretty cool.

George Carlin

Comment

Human paladin to start, but seemed to get slaughtered in every fight. Remembered I preferred rogues, so started a rogue and had an absolute whale of a time, much fun and greatness. Stopped playing in act 2 due to life.

Did dip my toe in as a druid, turning into an angry stag monster was a hoot.

Might try again as a cipher if I ever manage to get near a computer with time to play games again.
                          It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                          Sydney Smith.

Comment

I had to save quite often as my Bleak Walker in the beginning, it kind of played into his role as to why he became what he did. Being so feeble and always being the underdog using his connection to Skane to grow in power. Eventually he became a slaughter house.

I really enjoyed the concept of the Bleak Walkers and tapping into it the way I did. The other thing was I enjoyed the slower leveling pace and realized that each level gave me quite a long while to mull over my choices in his paths of development (mechanical and story wise).

I mean I know I always felt a little obligation to taking levels right away in Sundren, just because the brain likes to think inside boxes even at the best of times, at least mine does anyways. Playing PoE on Hard off the break certainly gave me a new perspective on the whole process of character development. It was slow and grueling in the leveling with all the reloads (besides it was kinda slow anyways), however I found that gave me more time to develop my character's outlook on things in a much more fluid sense. I thought the game was great.

If you do go through again as a cipher, I think you might find it quite rewarding they're like Kiss n Go flankers with good battlefield control (everything an Arcane Trickster SHOULD be). I wouldn't have beaten the Emerald Dragon without a cipher.

Comment

Working...
                            X