Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-minus 4 days 11 hours!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I say I like a good anti-hero. Witcher FTW.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
      Does this RPG let you be a real asshole like the renegade options in Mass Effect?
      It lets you do a lot more than that.

Player of:
      Nadya Frost -
      Witchy Woman (http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17774)
      Abigail Fryre - Short-Tempered (http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16616)

Comment

See I like options like that. It's like in certain spots of ME2/ME3 where if you had enough Renegade points you could seriously affect certain outcomes.

I challenge anyone to find one paragon option that wasn't totally underwhelming, all the cool scenes were Renegade options.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Enjoyed it a bit, but it hasn't really grabbed me.

It's fun, in a retro kind of way, some nice features (thank science mages can wear protection and stab shit), but combat is underwhelming so far. Just doesn't have much oomph, DA's combat had more a fun feel to it, maybe I'm just playing it wrong as a Paladin, might retry as a rogue or wizard and see if it's more entertaining.

So far, kind of like an 80's disco. Amusing, retro kitsch that doesn't really add anything new or challenge any preconceptions. You come away having had some fun but with a nagging sense you could have done something much more interesting or challenging with your time.
          It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
          Sydney Smith.

Comment

Also it annoys the hell out of me that Might (Strength) is the most important attribute for Wizards. Bigger muscles = more powerful spells

Yeah, that totally makes sense. Hopefully someone releases a mod which fixes that asap!
            UTC+8
            Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
            Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

I think might is supposed to represent all kinds of raw power (physical as well as mental), as opposed to strength from dnd!

Comment

Originally posted by Fateful Encounter View Post
                I think might is supposed to represent all kinds of raw power (physical as well as mental), as opposed to strength from dnd!
                Yep, I get that. I just think it's a terrible idea them being linked. It means you can't be a weak person with powerful magic or visa versa. Any powerful wizard will also have maxed out melee damage, as well as being your party's pack mule/door basher which I think is a little silly.
                UTC+8
                Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Heh, yeah.. Best try and get DnD out of your head with regard to most of the mechanics. Might is not just a copy of STR. As with a great many things it really isn't DnD, flush out those pre-conceptions.

Originally posted by PoE
                  Might represents a character's physical and spiritual strength, brute force as well as their ability to channel powerful magic.
                  I quite like the fact that a mix of stats are required to be truly capable in any role.

This game does seem to have murdered NWN though, since it's release most server populations have halved or more!

Personally, I'm having issues with it. THE HAIR, dear god. The hair.

And still, that ache that after all this time and development we still don't seem to be able marry up modern visuals and deep story.
                  It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                  Sydney Smith.

Comment

I like the visuals. I like the mechanics. I like the story. I like the voice acting. I hate the game and want to stab it in its sleep because it keeps besting me and I am a sore loser. So overall I am extremely pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
                      Personally, I'm having issues with it. THE HAIR, dear god. The hair.
                      This is how I feel about the faces XD. Still, having a blast with the game so far.

Comment

You mean you don't like the fat elves and only-slightly-modified Prison Break lead-character face for every single racial combination?

For shame.
                        Sydney Smith.

Comment

Now I'm not trying to make a run away train here on the topic but ... this game has a DM Client and Multiplayer support and all that jazz: http://swordcoast.com and it's coming out this year. It might just be the upgrade for NWN1 and NWN2 multiplayer that people have been looking for... it's based in 5th Edition D&D (whatever the eff that is [I lost interest in keeping up at 4th ed]).
                          Last edited by Mournas; 04-06-2015, 12:43 AM. Reason: Fixed URL
                          "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Comment

It has multiplayer for 5 people.
                            Originally posted by Cornuto
                            Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

And the DM client is a shitty joke.
                              Sydney Smith.

Comment

Well that's certainly good to know.
                                "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Comment

Working...
                                X