Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's On Your Mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's On Your Mind?

The purpose of this thread is to get stuff off your mind that doesn't really deserve an entire thread. Heard a good song on the radio? Saw a really bad movie? Commute sucks? Get off your mind here.

Okay, guess what? OE has moved the multiplayer stealth issue back. There's probably going to be a quick-fix in 1.06 and a fuller fix in 1.07... I guess it's a really big issue. But, still... That sucks. I wouldn't mind if they release an entire patch just dedicated to that issue.
    Character(s)
    >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
    ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

I personally don't have anything on my mind. It'd require me to have a rational, coherant, and somewhat linear thought process. However, a friend of mine would like to get something off his mind, and could not post it himself here due to standing watch and having cleaning duty tonight. That person would be Olis'Inth'Vargh Soldier, and he can't get 'pootytang' off his mind. Whether standing watch at the entrance of the secret hideout, posting archer detail in the forests or mountain areas, or enjoying his offtime trying to score with SiNafay- Olis'Inth'Vargh Soldier confides to me that he can't stop thinking, grinning, or snickering about 'pootytang'. And, as any good friend would, I felt I should aid him by posting those innermost turmoils here.

http://olis'inth'vargh.soldier.youaremyfriend.com
    Active
    Reinamar Stormseeker - The bladestorm that must turn back the wind. Arkerym of The People, practitioner of the forgotten art, pariah.

Tyler Penleigh - Obligatory author insert, Red Blade Defender, sarcastic jerk, caring brother, loving fiancé, war criminal.

Retired/Dead
    Eirimil Gaelazair (Dead)- Bitter. Caustic. Abrasive. Egocentric. Probably right. Found dead in the burned-out Viridale forest a few weeks after the survivors were able to sweep the area after the Bloodmaim offensive. Aside from his usual attire, an intricate music box was the only thing in his possession.

Comment

AHahhaha.

Yay.

I want chinese food.

Im gonna go watch SPIIIDEERMAN 3.

Oooh, and I watched Disturbia. Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Abyss View Post
        Okay, guess what? OE has moved the multiplayer stealth issue back. There's probably going to be a quick-fix in 1.06 and a fuller fix in 1.07... I guess it's a really big issue. But, still... That sucks. I wouldn't mind if they release an entire patch just dedicated to that issue.

WHAT?!?!

That will be the FOURTH time they've moved it back. Come ON people, you've pulled everything else from NWN1 that worked...why not pull the stealth script? It was flawless there.
        Don't run...you'll only die tired.

Comment

Here's the full post: http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums...109&highlight=

Ooo, "The Saints Are Coming" by U2/Green Day is surprisingly good. I like the opening...
          Character(s)

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.

Comment

Sydney's public transport system is horrifying, so much that I believe only good Satoshi can summarise it in mere words of mortal men -- or at least have a crack at it.

Originally posted by Satoshi
            I personally don't have anything on my mind. It'd require me to have a rational, coherant, and somewhat linear thought process.
            That's my boy!

Comment

Had to get up at 6:00, so I went to sleep at 12:00 that night before. Result, I lay awake for 6 hours... >_< Then I was too biased to go to college.
              Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

I just found out that the Defensive Stance ability on Dwarven Defender doesn't do a damned thing. Now I either need to relevel Horral or live with him being gimped.

Also, my pager won't stop going off, and the coffee today tastes like monkey urine.

Ahh it's a wonderful tuesday.
                ~Player of Donovan Fane. Does that make me crazy?
                ~Play of Horral Redmountain. Order must be preserved.

Comment

only thing wonderful about tuesday its its four more days till saturday, oh yeah and vancouver beat the hell outta dallas last night, yay for hockey.

Comment

Dallas has a hockey team?

>_>
                    <_<
                    Character(s)

Comment

On the subject of stealth, it's starting to really annoy me. How hard can it be to fix?

Random Crap:
                      I need more sleep.
                      I RP so much, I don't have time for PvE
                      I need more free time
                      PvP annoys me right now
                      Too much real life crap to deal with right now
                      I'll never have time to go to a theater for Spiderman 3
                      Chinese food sounds great right now, but there aren't any places that deliver

Good crap:
                      I'm writing my character's back story now, and it's amazing. I'll only post parts of it on the RP forums, because it's something like 8 written pages long, and I've only just started. My PnP DM is annoyed
                      Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
                      "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
                      UTC -4

Comment

I think .. that when people bought NWN2 they would of noted that the game was purely made for the campaign and not going to be really set up for multiplayer. This was said plenty of times before the game was actually released. I believe even one of the designers or lead designers said something about the Market for multiplayer wasn't big enough for them to worry about it right away.

Anyone who bashes on OE because of something to do with multiplayer issues are really just being silly cause they shoulda known what to expect when buying this game in the first place which is.. lack of multiplayer support.

I am pointing at Vichtor now and laughing at him.. All I have to say is..

Sucker

Oohh i should add my random thoughts..

- Its hard to become a rockstar..

- NWN2 saves me money so I can buy gear for my band.

- NWN2 saves me money so i can drive a BMW

- My BMW actually does get me chicks.. but these chicks don't like me playing video games or think I should go to college .

- I should probably stop calling women ..chicks.. mmm..nahhh

- I hate college.. i have a 25 k bill from college with a degree that i will never use in my entire life.

- I have two girlfriends.. they are both black.. one is 19" and flat.. my other likes to be on all fours and has Junk in her Trunk.. Im a happy man

-
                        Current: Dae'Vesta, freaky female half-drow assassin

Like Metal ? ----> http://www.myspace.com/cryofsickness2008

Comment

It's....it's one aspect...I mean....pull the existing script across.... *cries*.

Four pushbacks....FOUR!
                          Don't run...you'll only die tired.

Comment

Hockey good - go Sabres!!!

Stealth pushed back = bad

Basketball not so good, but go Suns!!!

Marriage....hmmm...not so good right now.

BTW, I just finished paying off $155k student loans. I am happy, but also crying at the $$ that went away. I got lucky with the real estate market in Phoenix and now am even...no stocks, bonds or anything...but no more debt either.

I will now go open a beer, have a puff and watch the Suns kick the holy crap out of the Lakers....hopefully. Maybe log in later...
                            sigpic
                            How to Save $$ at Christmas

Fingal Haller - dwarven scout, locksmith and mercenary
                            Reuel - Human (absent-minded) Wizard
                            Rudash - Orc-blooded lad with a chip on his shoulder

Comment

Lol, I (sort of) live in the LA area, and I'm not even rooting for the Lakers. Is there a way for both teams to lose? =P

As to stealth...
                              Originally posted by Rob McGinnis
                              The stealth issue is really quite huge as I understand it.
                              This quote is very vague, but it seems to imply that the problem with stealth goes way, way deep - perhaps into the game engine itself?

EDIT: Or, more likely, the problem spans several areas (Coding, animations, etc. [?]) in which it must be fixed, which might require a (*dramatic gasp*) collaborative effort on the part of OE between a few departments.
                              Last edited by Abyss; 04-24-2007, 11:27 PM. Reason: Added stuff.
                              Character(s)

Comment

Working...
                              X