Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds like you're not into popcorn movies. HM and I thought Thor was pretty rockin'. We liked Captain America as well.

Avengers is not an Oscar contender. It's a summertime fun movie. If you go into it expecting more than comic book funtimes, then you'll probably be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
      This all conflicts with the review I got of it from a friend!

She said it was bog standard Hollywood hero schlock with a plot that had the same integrity as wet tissue paper. The only saving grace was that it was wet tissue paper someone had drawn a rather pretty picture on.

Great if you fancy an evening of slack-jawed mouth breathing or if you considered Transformers 3 to be a sublimely paced intelligent epic with witty characterization and real social themes.
      I've hated all the transformers movies. I don't usually go ga-ga for summer blockbusters, but this was just a really fun movie.

Its not Citizen Kane, but I didn't want it to be. I do not regret at all the $13.00 spent to see it.
      Originally posted by Saulus
      Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by FoogooFish View Post
        It sounds like you're not into popcorn movies. HM and I thought Thor was pretty rockin'. We liked Captain America as well.

Avengers is not an Oscar contender. It's a summertime fun movie. If you go into it expecting more than comic book funtimes, then you'll probably be disappointed.
        I'm sorry Foogoo, I am into 'popcorn flicks' as well, but Captain America has to be the biggest piece of shit conceived in years.

Dumb as shit nazi plot? Check.

German accents that couldn't be more painfully crappy even if they deliberately tried to do so? Check.

Totally forgettable action scenes, the climax of which involves a shield bouncing off a wall? Check.

I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe they could make a movie about a super soldier so boring or so underwhelming.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Yes, well, I'll counter your assessment with my biggest disappointment in recent ages: Cowboys and Aliens. How a movie featuring Harrison Ford (Han! Indy!) and Daniel Craig (Bond!) ended up being so utterly terrible is beyond me. Captain America might have not been the best movie ever, but it least it wasn't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by FoogooFish View Post
            Yes, well, I'll counter your assessment with my biggest disappointment in recent ages: Cowboys and Aliens.
            ....Lies. Lies!

That was a cinematic masterpiece.
            Characters:
            Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
            Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
            If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Peridan View Post
              ....Lies. Lies!

That was a cinematic masterpiece.
              Friendship OVER! :'(

Comment

I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe they could make a movie about a super soldier so boring or so underwhelming.
                Maybe if they tried making him Canadian.
                Originally posted by Cornuto
                Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Originally posted by roguethree View Post
                  Maybe if they tried making him Canadian.
                  Nah that already exists, it's called Superman... but don't get me started on that movie.
                  The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Saw it an hour ago. Was pretty badass!
                    Thor stealing my haircut is beyond annoying though cause Ill totally have to get myself a huge hammer.

Originally posted by roguethree
                    If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by saulus View Post
                      nah that already exists, it's called wolverine... But don't get me started on that movie.
                      ftfy.
                      Last edited by Cornuto; 05-09-2012, 07:50 AM.
                      Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Working...
                      X