Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you wanna be a paladin, huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lanemeyer View Post
    Many times I found myself in situations when I didnt know what to do,
    Important to add I think.
    If you're uncertain about how you think your Paladin should respond to any given action, they do have the benefit of a deity and teachings to fall back on. If you're really stumped, you might try taking a knee, clasping your hands and prodding the DM channel with a "Dear, Siamorphe.."

I find the lack of willingness to refer to a DM is, speaking from personal experience, what leads to most Paladin-ish problems.

Note: DM's are gods and their words are instruction to all.
    "Sir, we're surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction."

Comment

Now that man knows what he's talking about
      I am death, come for thee. Surrender, and thy passage shall be... quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaelek View Post
        Important to add I think.
        If you're uncertain about how you think your Paladin should respond to any given action, they do have the benefit of a deity and teachings to fall back on. If you're really stumped, you might try taking a knee, clasping your hands and prodding the DM channel with a "Dear, Siamorphe.."

I find the lack of willingness to refer to a DM is, speaking from personal experience, what leads to most Paladin-ish problems.
        You know, that actually gave me a good idea..

For those tough times when DM's aren't around, I think I'll be copying my deity's ethos/dogma to the in-game journal for a good reference. Should be easier than alt-tabbing every time a moral decision comes up.
        "We must not believe the man, who say that only free people ought to be educated, but we should rather believe the philosophers who say the only the educated are free." -Epictetus

Comment

Ever since my first dnd game, paladins have always been my favorite class. I rped as several paladins since nwn1. From my experience of playing as paladins, my opinion is there is no absolute correct way to play a paladin. Paladins are people and is subject to have flaws. Paladins makes mistakes too and they attone for it. Just rp how you think a paladin would act. As long as you dont willingly commit an evil act, you should never truely fall as a paladin. Dms should shoot the player a warning tell if they believe the player is on the path of a fallen paladin. Players and dms who rp as clerics/paladins of the same faith should also let the paladin know what they believe the paladin is doing wrong and help them with their quest of attonement.
          "Thanks is best given in the form of gold." -Kyle Rendell

Comment

Originally posted by Lucidity View Post
            You know, that actually gave me a good idea..

For those tough times when DM's aren't around, I think I'll be copying my deity's ethos/dogma to the in-game journal for a good reference. Should be easier than alt-tabbing every time a moral decision comes up.
            That's a cracking idea, how come I never thought of that?
            Originally posted by roguethree
            If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Thief Of Navarre View Post
              That's a cracking idea, how come I never thought of that?
              You are just stupid

lol, kidding s2
              "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

Working...
              X