Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irony: Low Magic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They used to be for high ranks only.. but the new way faction stores are dealt with has them very easily available, making the decrypted recipes almost entirely pointless.

That will be a non-issue once the crafting system gets redone, though. Or at least it should be.

Comment

I'd like to point out that despite the difficulty of creating a Ring of Freedom of Movement, it is a once/day casting of a third level spell for seven minutes.
      Xaayne Zek: The man with no name.

Comment

Directly copied from SoZ. I refuse to take the blame.
        Well, except for being lazy.

Guess it would be better if it gave 3 uses/day or something.

Comment

Actually, I believe the actual ring is supposed to be a permanent freedom of movement effect, not like what Xaayne has.
          Originally posted by Satoshi
          Boobs > You. Cornuto: 0 Cat: 1
          Originally posted by Cornuto
          Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

The only reason I suggested +3 enchantment is that caster classes are usually hitting a 3/4 AB ending with a 5 lower (give or take a few due to multiclass) BAB. It also gives the Fighter a reason to party with the caster and makes a buffed fighter still the more likely victor over a non buffed one.

Confession: I just today got a character into a faction, and still haven't looked at a store. So this is based solely on my minor experience and through conversation with other players.

In light of most of this: I shuts up.

Comment

Originally posted by Catastrophe View Post
              Actually, I believe the actual ring is supposed to be a permanent freedom of movement effect, not like what Xaayne has.
              It wasn't that way in SoZ, nor should it be on Sundren. Complete immunity stats on items are a no-go.

Similarly, boots of speed only allow you to cast haste.

Granted, these items are not up to par, but the crafting system as it stands with costs associated to items was designed when the idea was to have mostly green, some blue and very rarely a single red item on a level 20 character, to stick to the low magic standard that had been set for the server. Faction store upgrades have made a lot of recipes redundant. Especially wondrous items.

Comment

There's a Ring of Freedom of Movement in the toolset that applies the persistent effect, which is the item's intended function per the crafting recipe.

Sundren has items that grant immunity to spells and other items that prevent damage from spells, so I don't see why persistent FoM would be gamebreaking, especially considering the hoops to jump through to get it.
                Originally posted by Cornuto
                Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

FoM: Permanent non-dispellable immunity to a host of spells, skills. and abilities.

I kind of prefer it being use/day.
                  Originally posted by Saulus
                  Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by roguethree View Post
                    There's a Ring of Freedom of Movement in the toolset that applies the persistent effect, which is the item's intended function per the crafting recipe.

Sundren has items that grant immunity to spells and other items that prevent damage from spells, so I don't see why persistent FoM would be gamebreaking, especially considering the hoops to jump through to get it.
                    You should know that the SoZ crafting system uses a host of item blueprints that replace the standard ones. You should open your SoZ campaign, not just check the list of what's there by default for a clean module.

Comment

Want low-magic? Restrict who can cast spells.

OR restrict the server to the basic classes...Cleric, Fighter, Mage, Thief, No multi-classing allowed! LOL
                      I am Midian Dark

Comment

Originally posted by greendragon View Post
                        Want low-magic? Restrict who can cast spells.

OR restrict the server to the basic classes...Cleric, Fighter, Mage, Thief, No multi-classing allowed! LOL
                        Or don't allow any (full) caster levels on the levels 1-5

Comment

If we're disallowing permanent immunity items, why do we have Persistent Spell in?

In all honesty, something somewhere's gotta give. Either the Clerics and casters get bought down and their single-spell-victory PvP and buff-bubble PvE domination get altered, or the rest of the classes get pulled up to have ways to resist these things.
                          Running across the mountains, attacking with an oversized scalpel, cometh Helga Great-Wyrm! And she gives a mighty bellow:
                          "Brace yourself, oh human speck of dust! You are made of meat and I am very hungry!"

Comment

Because you can dispel it, and it only works on spells level 3 or lower.
                            Originally posted by Saulus
                            Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

I would be so pumped if Freedom of Movement rings gave a 1/day persistant FoM effect.
                              Xaayne Zek: The man with no name.

Comment

I personally hate hate hate persistent spell as well. Especially when it's applied to spells that are balanced to only last for a few rounds, such as Divine Favour. Which isn't even a buff that a cleric can cast on his fighter buddy to make him better. Its only purpose is to outclass his fighter buddy.

Another awful application is persistent haste. Argh.

Comment

Working...
                                X