Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sundren's Powerful Concept Builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undeath ruin fighter/scythe weapon master/ranger/barb.
    Human, chaotic alignment.
    18 str (+5)
    13 dex
    12 con
    13 int
    10 wis
    8 cha

1. Fighter - Combat expertise, dodge, mobility, throw 4 skill points in intimidate, do whatever you want with the rest. Hell, go UMD.
    2. Fighter - Power attack
    3. Fighter - Cleave
    4. Fighter - Spring attack (+1 str)
    5. Fighter
    6. Fighter - Whirlwind, wep focus scythe
    7. Wep Master - Scythe
    8. Wep Master - (+1 str)
    9. Wep Master - Improved crit scythe
    10. Wep Master
    11. Wep Master
    12. Wep Master - Improved power attack (+1 str)
    13. Wep Master
    14. Ranger - Favored enemy: undead
    15. Ranger - Two Weapon Fighting, Favored power attack undead
    16. Barbarian - (+1 str)
    17. Barbarian
    18. Barbarian - Improved favored enemy: undead
    19. Barbarian
    20. Barbarian (+1 str)

Rage and leave on improved power attack, an undeath ruin scythe is essential.
    Also, IDK if this build will work on Sundren or not, seeing as to how I just thought it up.
    This build isn't very good for fighting undead just for the sole reason of undead being immune to critical hits.
    "Thanks is best given in the form of gold." -Kyle Rendell

Comment

Originally posted by Handsomeman View Post
      This build isn't very good for fighting undead just for the sole reason of undead being immune to critical hits.
      Undeath ruin imbument thingy allows for critting against undead.
      My to-be toon:
      Shafiq Al-Mawt: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
      Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
      Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
      Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.

Comment

If I see this build IG I'm perming it lol.
        I am death, come for thee. Surrender, and thy passage shall be... quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by The Butcher View Post
          Power Attack is a prerequisite for Divine Shield, an instant action and a great +8 to AC for 8 rounds at 20, with Eagle's Splendor (or a +3 CHA item).

When you put it this way taking PA makes alot more sense although I'm having trouble making the logical leap from PA to Divine Shield...You have to know how to make wild inaccurate swings with a weapon to be able to use a divine magic shield thingy.... :-/
          "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true."
          Yogi Berra

Learn things:http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
          http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Comment

Working off of takenbythestorm's build, I replaced the 5 levels of barbarian and 1 level of ranger for 6 more fighter. This allows you to get Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Specialization, and Greater Weapon Focus which amounts to +4 damage with a scythe, and +1 AB, which is +2 more damage and AC than raging as a 5th level barbarian gives you, but -1 AB. You also lose 10HP and fast movement, if you're wearing medium armor (which is only good with knockdown, so you can knockdown kite.)

This build should be a lot easier to level up as well. The biggest upside to this build is that it will be excellent at dealing raw damage to almost anything, especially undead! You should be an unstoppable PvE champion with a wizard or cleric behind you, and more-so than anyone else. However, it doesn't have a lot of the good PvP feats, like disarm or knockdown, and you are reliant on a weapon and enchant; disarm wrecks your day. If you are worried about this, I would suggest swapping out Greater Weapon Specialization and Greater Weapon Focus for Knockdown/Improved Knockdown.

It might make for an interesting non-cleric Jergal worshiper, or even a steadfast devout of Kelemvor, even though he's "dead."

Undeath Ruin 12 Fighter/7 Weapon Master/1 Ranger undead hunter.

Race: Human
            Alignment: Any
            Deity: Any that allows Ranger

18 str (+5)
            13 dex
            12 con
            13 int
            10 wis
            8 cha

1. Fighter (1) - Combat expertise, dodge, mobility, throw 4 skill points in intimidate, do whatever you want with the rest.
            2. Fighter (2) - Power Attack
            3. Fighter (3) - Weapon Focus (Scythe)
            4. Fighter (4) - Spring attack (+1 str)
            5. Fighter (5)
            6. Fighter (6) - Whirlwind, Weapon Specialization (Scythe)
            7. Wep Master (1) - Scythe
            8. Wep Master (2) - (+1 str)
            9. Wep Master (3) - Improved Critical (Scythe)
            10. Wep Master (4)
            11. Wep Master (5)
            12. Wep Master (6) - Improved Power Attack (+1 str)
            13. Wep Master (7)
            14. Fighter (7)
            15. Ranger (1) - Favored Enemy: Undead, Favored Power Attack
            16. Fighter (8) - Greater Weapon Focus (Scythe)
            17. Fighter (9)
            18. Fighter (10) - Improved Favored Enemy, Improved Critical (Scythe)
            19. Fighter (11)
            20. Fighter (12) - Greater Weapon Specialization (Scythe)

His Improved Power Attack against an undead, with only a mundane scythe, should look like 2d4 +43. Find a +3 STR item, get an enchanted scythe, buy a wand of bless weapon (if you have UMD; you will need 10 UMD), and an Undeath Ruin scythe for best results. (2d4 +48 +2d6 @ 20% for x5 damage)
            Ramza Xantheus "...for a meager fee, of course."

"
            Heroes need the weak to feel important. I say, teach the weak the skills they need to live on their own, to protect themselves and break free of the chains of charity and victimization. The Triad needs people to protect. I need people to succeed." -Byrun von Hellstrom

Comment

You should think up an epic class for a gnome with a sling.

Comment

Not sure how to delete replies, but I double posted and this one needs to poof!
                "Was I your knight in shining armor? The apple of your eye? Or just a step, another step to climb?"

Comment

Heh, I just threw in barb because I needed filler and I know that due to leaving up improved power attack, you'll be losing ab, and figured rage could help fill that in a bit. I like the butchers edit to my build more.
                  "Was I your knight in shining armor? The apple of your eye? Or just a step, another step to climb?"

Comment

Working...
                  X