Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Thayan Knights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was deep, yo.
    Originally posted by Saulus
    Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Well.. Apparently my toon is indebted to Ramza so whatevs -_- He gets his drugs so it doesn't even matter

Comment

Originally posted by The Butcher View Post
        Their apprentices are very capable of betraying them.
        But then who would teach them? This is the same relationship that Tremere use in WoD. While the mechanics of D&D let you just pick and choose spells as you level and find scrolls in the world to stuff in your grimoire, the fact is, this is just bastardizing the true effort of what goes into a wizard.

Apprentices need the master to teach them their craft. If they were on equal footing I could see the betrayal being more ready that "I need you to grow but I'm going to backstab you anyway." Sort of like how it doesn't behoove a cleric to piss off his god.

Comment

When it comes to Thay, it's sort of like this:

A Red Wizard can do pretty much anything he wants unless a bigger, better Red Wizard says no. If you are the biggest, baddest Red Wizard, you can do whatever you want; in fact, if you're a Red Wizard at all, you can do whatever you want with/to 95% of the population in your entire country. That is, unless there is a bigger, badder Red Wizard who doesn't care for it.

Consequently, there are no real "rules" that "all" Red Wizards follow. There are only "guidelines" that "most" follow because the elites demand it. However, if you can hide what you're doing from the elites or convince/persuade them to let you do your shit, then you can do whatever you want. Alternatively, become an elite and say tits to convention and do your own thing. Pyras (Red Wizard) listens to Lauan (Knight) more genuinely than he listens to some of the Enclave Masters. It's unconventional, but he A) doesn't make it clear that he's accepting the judgment of a slave, and B) has tried to make himself valuable enough that other Red Wizards will cope with his bullshit.
          Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

But for the record, no, there won't be any casting thayan knights in Sundren unless expressly permitted by Saulus.
            I am death, come for thee. Surrender, and thy passage shall be... quicker.

Comment

I think it's pretty obvious that for the most part, with few if any exceptions... Red Wizards would not condone a Thayan Knight practising magic.

A thayan knight is there to fill the role the RW doesn't: the tank. The whole idea in this relationship is for the melee/caster to play off each other. Also anyone who had any magical aptitude anyway wouldn't have been inducted into the Thayan knights regardless.

Just for the reason that we don't allow chaotic good warlocks, we won't allow this... It just goes against the grain of the lore of the class.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Thanks for the definitive answer!
                Ramza Xantheus "...for a meager fee, of course."

"
                Heroes need the weak to feel important. I say, teach the weak the skills they need to live on their own, to protect themselves and break free of the chains of charity and victimization. The Triad needs people to protect. I need people to succeed." -Byrun von Hellstrom

Comment

Working...
                X