Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the place for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been a picky player about what player world to commit myself to in NWN2. I've finally settled here in Sundren for many reasons already mentioned.

It's well balanced, everything makes sense and dispite not being a huge server when it comes to terrain this place is a quality over quantity place. There are no large empty pointless areas to wittle away hours wandering around. Everything here seems to be for a reason and have a purpose.

So many player worlds I have played on in my time through NWN1 to NWN2 and wasted nights away achieving nothing, sat alone in empty inns sorting and re sorting my inventory and then being accused of power gaming if i wander out and kill a lone goblin I found after a DM forgot to remove him after some event that might have happened in the last week.

Sundren is by no means a power gamers dream but there is always XP and gold to be earned if you are feeling like it and there are always people to bump into and spend the hours ICly chatting with to RP the night away with if that catches your fancy.

Many would say levelling is slow, I know others who say it is fast. I would say it's on the fast end of slow levelling servers.

That would be a good point in my opinion.

Decent gear is hard to find or get made I feel and above a certain level you start to feel that you need some. Things start to get a bit hard if your still using basic stuff around level 8-9 upwards. I'm hoping with the new crafting system, people will be making more things and a bit of a player economy will develop. This could make things really fun for the server.

There is a lot of room for concept ideas here and that is what I love most. You can play some really odd personas or builds and people seem to love it. On many servers you will just find yourself on the outside of everything unless you play what specifically fits in.

I gave sundren a try and even after having a look at a couple of other very popular places since it's just not the same.

This place is NWN2 for me. I don't even enjoy the single player game since playing here.
    If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
    Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Comment

I have never played World of Warcraft. I saw an earlier thread about old school role players, and I would happily fit that description (as my wife calls me, "a dork").

If you're looking to power game, this might not be the best server for you. You could do it, the server doesn't "ban" such things out right, but you will miss out on some great RP. That is what this server offers, RP.

Good, evil, or neutral, there is a place for you somewhere here.But playing the valiant knight who does good for good's sake or the vile necromancer who seeks to enslave the world through fear, both carry a great weight, and DM's will not let you off the hook for playing either.

...... Plus you can delete your old characters yourself. That is great.
      Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
      Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
      Well, you've probably missed it
      There was never anything there
      In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

As far as Im concerned powergaming is alright; all the high levels are powergamers (im looking at you clerics/divine champions/eldricht knights/foculan lyricists e.t.c.). Dont be afraid to stick by a build, if I had been of sound mind In my original character plan I would have rolled a Cleric/Blackguard straight up and pwned everyone!.

If you look at the 'RPOTM' awards you will notice that 'almost' every single one is a powerfull build, as its not something to be shunned! You CAN have a good character build and be a good roleplayer, they are not mutually exclusive

*edit* Just be sure to adhere to the leveling rules, its easy enough... most of all HAVE FUN! )))
        Originally posted by roguethree
        If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Truly; I have an invincible level 1 Gnome with 6 hitpoints who can cast all spells, create any magic item, and summon creatures from the lower planes at will. If that's not powergaming, I don't know what is
          I got one leg missin'
          How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
          Meet the Feebles

Comment

Hehe, you move 'really' fast as well Machi.
            Originally posted by roguethree
            If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
            X