Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello and goodbye I suppose...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not actually a registration issue. The fix should be in your nwncdkey file.

Make sure that your keys are arranged as such.

Key1 (OC)
    Key2 (MotB)
    Key3(SoZ)

If you've verified that order and that your keys are correct and still having no luck, some sites I've found have suggested changing the order to the following:

Key1 (MotB)
    Key2 (OC)
    Key3 (SoZ)

When editing the cdkey file, make sure that you're opening it as admin and saving when finished.
    Originally posted by Cornuto
    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

New CD Key fix

Great news!!! I am finally able to access the servers. Here is the resolution. If you have a new CD key, you will need to contact Wizards of the Coast, since Atari does not support the game any longer. Below is the e-mail that Atari sent me. Once I e-mailed Wizards with my CD keys and receipt (I scanned a copy of both and made a zip file) they sent me 3 new keys. I updated nwncdkey (C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\DnDNWNC\Neverwinter Nights II) and I no longer had the “CD Key Unauthorized” error. I was actually able to make a character last night, but had network issue (sorry if you said hi, and I did not reply). That issue I can solve. Thanks again for everyone's help and support on this. I hope that this will allow more people to purchase this great game and join the community.

Greetings!
      Thank you for contacting the Atari Customer Support Team.

Unfortunately we no longer provide support for the NWN titles
      they have been transitioned back to Wizards of the Coast.
      Please contact Wizards of the Coast customer service for assistance on this
      product at http://wizards.custhelp.com, or call (800) 324-6496.

Comment

I think Erlick deserves a big clap on the back for his perseverance!
        Sana: Myrkulite Witch
        Finrod: The Elf Searching For Fairies

Comment

Originally posted by roguethree View Post
          It's not actually a registration issue.
          But it actually is.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Curses.
            Originally posted by Cornuto
            Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Would someone mind updating the wiki for new players with Elrick's info? This will be invaluable as some people don't even realize they need to own the game first, and if they do they might give up before ever getting online.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                Would someone mind updating the wiki for new players with Elrick's info? This will be invaluable as some people don't even realize they need to own the game first, and if they do they might give up before ever getting online.
                Any chance of getting this into the FAQ area with the server name/port number? I had looked there for this information first. Not sure if everyone will look there, but is always a good place to start.

Comment

Originally posted by roguethree View Post
                  Curses.
                  I dunno, I am with R3 on this one. After reinstalling my copy of NWN2 back in August I had this exact same issue that Elrick had and R3's Solution is exactly what worked for me.
                  "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Comment

Back in August Atari was still kicking. Anyway this is important information for getting new players into the game, and this isn't the first person with a new copy since Atari's bankruptcy I've seen this.

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                    X