Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Clever Title.]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had some of the funniest moments during RP-driven dungeon crawls, myself.

[ramdon adventurer] "Eek - [insert random halfling party member name] you need a shave"

[halfing from elsewhere]: "What"?

[ramdom adventurer, now recognizing the goblin in front of him] "Never mind."

Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
    Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
    Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
    Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
    Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

Welcome! Vado a bordo, cazzo!

[Pithy remark]

As a player I've had some of my funnest times while out adventuring in the hostile areas of the server with a handful of other players and no DM support. The interactions between folk during before, during and after the fighting really shaped their characters relationships in ways that campfire conversation couldn't.

With the DM hat on, I have to say that when it comes to starting events for people things are a whole lot easier if folk are out doing something, be it stabbing monsters, resource gathering or even just going about their business in the shops, temples and inns of the land.

You stand a much, much higher chance of running into Adventure!™ if you're out and about doing stuff, than if you wait at the fireside for it to come to you.

That said, I'll occasionally sit around the fire watching folk natter away and dropping XP cookies. Whimsy and all that.

[Moustaches.]
      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
      Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Sakura_Mei View Post
        Well, my experiences so far haven't been terrible. The server's beautiful, well-designed, the economy is rather solid, and everything I've read mechanics/lore-wise in the wiki seems rather awesome...

... but finding a newb-group has been impossible. I've only ever found one person to group with so far (and he killed me!), but it seems everyone on the server is fairly dedicated to a select few characters, so they're all high level.

Any tips? Because I don't care for the grinding aspect of persistent worlds; I'd be happy sitting around a campfire talking (though even that seems combat oriented, considering what I saw about thirty minutes ago).
        Let me know when your on next and endevour to be your protector. You best spin a good yarn and sing a good song though ~ by god I can be picky!
        Originally posted by roguethree
        If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Kyle Rendel has always done that and it was hysterical the first several hundred times…
          ...ftfy
          Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X