Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Clever Title.]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Clever Title.]

[Default greeting.]

[Witty subhumor.]

[Long, boring introduction detailing background in relation to roleplaying and Dungeons & Dragons.]

I'm not actually this clever and appealing in an introduction post, but I thought my hilarity might be good to share. Anyway, hope to see more people in game.

[Fascinating conclusion statement.]

-Sakura_Mei!

[benign clapping]

[blank stair of anticipation]

Comment

[Fist bump] Yo!
      Originally posted by roguethree
      If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

[somewhat on-topic video response via youtube link]
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dNwc7qIDO4

[written welcome message with sarcastic dm's are evil statement]

Welcome, if you come in contact with a dm make sure to maintain eye contact and back away slowly, unless they spawn a faerie, in which case you should assume the fetal position and begin weeping.
        "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true."
        Yogi Berra

Learn things:http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
        http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Comment

[Cue Aladdin/Disney music to denote fandom and preference over Mass Effect series.]

In all seriousness, I'll probably be playing Merian Grey, a halfling bard with a story to tell. I'll have her story finished sooner or later, assuming she survives long enough; I've already had one character killed on the server - side note, I hate respawns more than anything, so if my character dies, they're pretty much dead.

Comment

Ware those words. Death can come pretty easily here.

Welcome. =)
            The poetry that comes from the squaring off between;
            and the circling is worth it, finding beauty in the dissonance.

Comment

I've noticed. My first character was a pure-class wizard, though. My teammate killed me, though, not the monsters we were fighting, hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sakura_Mei View Post
                [Cue Aladdin/Disney music to denote fandom and preference over Mass Effect series.]

In all seriousness, I'll probably be playing Merian Grey, a halfling bard with a story to tell. I'll have her story finished sooner or later, assuming she survives long enough; I've already had one character killed on the server - side note, I hate respawns more than anything, so if my character dies, they're pretty much dead.
                Need to find yourself a pint sized knight to follow around. Every big headed paladin needs a herald
                Originally posted by roguethree
                If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Nah, I built her for a mix of skills and survivability. If I can manage to make it to level 5, I will do very well for myself...

Comment

Well, my experiences so far haven't been terrible. The server's beautiful, well-designed, the economy is rather solid, and everything I've read mechanics/lore-wise in the wiki seems rather awesome...

... but finding a newb-group has been impossible. I've only ever found one person to group with so far (and he killed me!), but it seems everyone on the server is fairly dedicated to a select few characters, so they're all high level.

Any tips? Because I don't care for the grinding aspect of persistent worlds; I'd be happy sitting around a campfire talking (though even that seems combat oriented, considering what I saw about thirty minutes ago).

Comment

The level disparity shows up here alot due to the population levels being around 15, but usually everyone has more than one charachter they play, I'm actually going to start one soon in preparation for the encounter rebalancing, but just send someone that seems to be standing around not doing anything a tell and they'll usually switch chars, its more fun to be in a group and do something than stand around and talk.

Send me a tell anytime in game for this, I have a dwarf lying around somewhere I can throw at stuff.
                      Yogi Berra

Comment

I'd rather sit around and roleplay with people, but so far I've just seen constant adventuring and a random brawl in front of the Second Wind Inn, so I've noted the combat orientation of the server; needing a party to get to higher levels is something I've discovered the painful way.

Comment

I'd rather sit around and roleplay with people, but so far I've just seen constant adventuring and a random brawl in front of the Second Wind Inn, so I've noted the combat orientation of the server; needing a party to get to higher levels is something I've discovered the painful way.
                          that was an example of combat oreintation of a charachter and doesn't reflect the overall server population, Kyle Rendel has always done that and it is usually histerical (especially if he loses even after 'cheating' and tries to convince everyone that he won anyway)
                          Yogi Berra

Comment

... but finding a newb-group has been impossible.

i actually tried to grp with you a few times. lots of low level toons here all the time.
                            ive found lots of players like to play a "loner" or (someone said this to me ) "this character is very prideful" if you make an anti-social character and wont group, thats ok, but dont expect others to go way out of their way.
                            i like to make a new player that acts like hes new. doesnt know much and can see he'll lose fights so he avoids them.
                            if we all act how ever we want in RL we'll end up in a cell with a buddy nambed bubba.

humility will keep you alive, maybe even make you a friend or two

Comment

...I'd be happy sitting around a campfire talking...
                              Heh. Strange you mention that, really. I've only been around for maybe a couple of weeks (at best) on this server myself, and in the years of yore when I've tooled around with NWN1-2 before arriving at Sundren's doorstep, I came from servers where DMs were practically nonexistent, running into other players was rare, and the experience was pretty much "log in, find your own fun, and maybe luck out and play your role for a snippet". I guess that ruined me quite a bit, as I still reflexively view the game as a "random chance for social interaction, with a dungeon-crawl minigame to try your hand at while you wait for it". However, from what I've seen, there's a comparatively large player base and rather regular DM intervention here, so whatever you aim for, you can certainly find. It's actually pretty damn freakin' kudos-deserving impressive, if based on my former experiences.

Aside from that, I tend to agree on that running a dungeon with another group of hooligans, without some DM-driven storyline tossed into the mix, isn't that much different from just plowing your favorite armament into the skull of whatever enemy decides to pop up in the spawn yourself (unless you're really just striving to roleplay some genocidal maniac, I guess). I have to concur that it's the actual character interaction in between the 'minigame' moments that cause the gameplay to rise above just loading up another hack n' slash.

So, no worries. This server's got a large enough player base that there's a likeminded soul in there somewhere. Hell, next time I catch you on, I'll be sure to shuffle a 'tell' over in the off chance that you feel like sharing the aforementioned campfire with a mage reekin' of the brew rather than ripping the ears offa your 101st goblin foe. I know. Difficult decision. :P
                              "I know that kind of man, it's hard to hold the hand of anyone, who is reaching for the sky just to surrender." ~ Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song

Samak Nerinide - Professional vagabond, arcane investigator, and expert drunkard.
                              Ripentare - Living, breathing, Create Greater Undead, seeking the riddle of steel.
                              Wylks Meshrunner - Self-proclaimed magehunter and former sky-pirate of Halruaa.

Comment

Working...
                              X