Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good morning,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the same boat. A lot of people cheered on MotB, I couldn't really get into it. The party members were mostly rather vague and not very enjoyable (only Gann showed some grin-worthy character). I liked the old crew much better. They actually had opinions on things.

Comment

Yeah, to be honest, MotB was to NWN2 what Throne of Bhaal was to BGII.

I don't think either was necessarily horrible, but a pale shimmer of what the base game was. Throne of Bhaal felt like a lot of forced epicness getting thrown about, with more overt demigods, etc... and a lot less interaction from your teammates.

And it was the same over, to me, in MotB. You started to speak with dead gods and everything!

The vanilla campaign in both were much, much higher quality in the end. (Of course, I think NWN2's OC was a pale shimmer of BGII as well. :P )

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeldorn View Post
        In the same boat. A lot of people cheered on MotB, I couldn't really get into it. The party members were mostly rather vague and not very enjoyable (only Gann showed some grin-worthy character). I liked the old crew much better. They actually had opinions on things.
        Yep and I liked some of the interactions. Like building the castle and stuff. And the henchmen selection in the end. Like they join the evil side when you didn't do them good. It may not be BG quality but it was fun :P

By the way, where can I find a list of rules concerning the alignment (I believe evil is on request?) restrictions? It's not on the wiki

Time to rawly flesh out a bit of a character.
        Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Well, I just got both expansions for Sundren, I didn't play any of them and won't do it probably :P

And btw, I remember you either in foruns, but I don't remember your chars, maybe I will if you say their names, or maybe not, but that doesn't mean I don't like you :P

It just that... I'm getting old =]
          "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

I can't remember any names either Lanemeyer, sorry about that. I'm getting old aswel

The portraits are not back yet are they? It's still the (if you ask me) very ugly 3D portraits?

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

We are making the portraits on our own, you can check them here: http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11424

We update the portrait's pack eventually, and all players can download it and place in the portrait folder.
              "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

Ah nice

Desmonia Flashir

Comment

There are no restrictions to what alignments you can play. In fact, there has been a trend where Evil is encouraged!

Though, you'd need to apply to play as one of the restricted races or classes. Those you can find on the wiki.

Comment

Alright thanks Kaeldorn. Another question. I don't like the standard interface (who does ). what is in your experience the best UI on the vault? There's so many by now

Desmonia Flashir

Comment

I don't know.. some people like the Baldur's Gate UI, but honestly I always found the default one (with one extra bar I guess) to work just fine after a few hours of getting used to it.

As for online play, Sundren has use of custom UI's (or anything in your override folder for that matter) disabled for safety

Comment

Oh so its useless to install any custom ones then? What about a extra bar? I like that.

Desmonia Flashir

Comment

Extra bars are in the standard UI (+3 max). Check your menu

Comment

Ooooh right.

*hides*

Desmonia Flashir

Comment

Welcome to Sundren, nice to have another Euro to the fold. There's 3 European DMs by the way, myself included
                              Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

Ah nice

Desmonia Flashir

Comment

Working...
                                X