Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airships, Pirates, et al

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kupo!!!

Anyway, back on topic...

I do recall a thing or two involving airships. I believe there was one on display in BG2, made by a gnome. Who knows if it actually worked or not.

There is also a level in the Dungeons and Dragons arcade game Shadows Over Mystara, where you fly an airship (referred to as a skyship I believe).

It is funny that you mention this character Cade. While we currently have only one character each, over time Narse and I have come up with God-only-knows how many character ideas to try in Sundren. One potential pair was a duo of free-spirited mercenaries who had in their possession a skyship, created by a brilliant gnome. They got caught up in a storm and crashed. They were saved by a boat en route to Sundren. With their wings clipped, they have no choice but to seek work anywhere they can in this land. They hope to make enough coin to get their wings back (my character in particular).

A variation on the mercenary idea was a duo that were fooled into killing an influential wizard of Athkatla and forced to flee. Surrounded, they hijacked a skyship, which they were not exactly pros at piloting and ended up in a similar situation like the idea above (We were even playing with the idea that it is the skyship you see in BG2).
    Last edited by Silas North; 05-16-2008, 05:52 AM.
    sigpic
    Osclow Wiltenholm- "I have seen behind the mask and almost miss the bliss of ignorance."

Comment

I stand behind Final Fantasy names all the way, but then again, when I am DM'ing I'm kind of safe from Sean, haha!

Everyone loves SOLDIER, imho.
      "How did you get into the press box?"

"I walk with boldness and authority wherever I go...it works sometimes."

Comment

Hmm...

1. If there was a sky ship brought by renegades I guess Sundren would be a perfect place for them to make a hidden base.

2. I do not think there is such thing as a "good" pirate - pirates rob merchants not Sheriff's cruel tax collectors etc.

3. I don't think we are limited by whatever was done before - there can be sky ships in Forgotten Realms if we decide they are (if Saulus decides that is).

4. Final Fantasy names don't bother me much - good you don't pick Pokemon names ... lol ... still I prefer not seeing names from video games - bit geeky.

5. Gnomes would be very much likely to think of flying machines probably more mechanical, but then maybe Elves would use magic ... what about Air Genasi ... many ideas can sound good ... except for Earth Genasi, Drow and Dwarves maybe ... lol
        KociPazur
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X