Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airships, Pirates, et al

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airships, Pirates, et al

Greetings again,

Are there any Airships in Forgotten Realms? I have searched the internet all day and have yet to come up with solid evidence. Some say there are, but thats just it. They only "say" there are.

If there are, where can I find information about them?

Are there pirates? What about Pirates of the SKY varity? I just assume that if there are sea pirates, there must be a sky pirate. I really want to RP a GOOD pirate... which is basically someone that helps people out by "rouging" things that rich people don't really need... I realize there aren't any real flyable airships in game, but that doesn't mean that one couldn't RP it well.

Thanks for any information...

Cade

There's a book called Shining South based in Forgotten realms. If I'm not mistaken, they have been known to make their fare share of airships, pirates can be assumed to exist. Don't put any hopes up for seeing Sundren airship pirates though.
    "Mad" Jack Flynn - "Godless wanderer"

Comment

The Halruuans have mastered the magic of Airships and jealously guard its magic to themselves, which for the most parts stops any pirate from becoming a "air pirate"

Comment

I'm okay with you having air piracy in your history, provided you have the proper Forgotten Realms hook, but you're grounded in Sundren.

Comment

The history is ok, still working it out since I don't know that much Forgotten Realms lore. I have started a background, which goes as follows:

My character has never been on an airship, but has seen only one. He wants to become a world renound captain and thus tries to master all of the skills that a good airship pilot would need. He has been labeled a pirate because he does steal, but he only does so to help out those in bad shape. He is a bit of an excentric and acts like he is actually on an airship most of the time.

As I said, I realise that there won't be any airships in game. But being young, characters can hope... can't they?

Comment

Sure, you know what they say about hope in one hand...

Comment

Oh and you can't name your toon Cid or Locke or Rook or Cloud or any variation of those them.

Well you can, but then I have permission to hunt down Final Fantasy Names and terminate with extreme prejudice. Thats said.. Welcome to Sundren!

Comment

*grumbles about nosy developers as he crumples us his plans for a stoic greatsword wielding eldritch knight named Strife Leonheart*
                Characters:
                Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Originally posted by sharringtonm View Post
                  The Halruuans have mastered the magic of Airships and jealously guard its magic to themselves, which for the most parts stops any pirate from becoming a "air pirate"
                  Perhaps, but a renegade faction splitting off as brigands doesn't seem too unlikely. Being hunted Halruua authority via airships, sounds like a fun adventure to me
                  "Mad" Jack Flynn - "Godless wanderer"

Comment

If Mako were here, he'd protect your right to a Final Fantasy name.
                    Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

My characters name is Cade. Although I do enjoy the Final Fastasy ever now and then... Setzer would be my choice....

Comment

Vincent would be mine...

or Auron... They both have really cool jackets...(like the guy in my avatar)

Somewhat back on topic.

For some reason I find the notion of air pirates strangely appealing. More so than regular pirates.
                        Akodo
                        Rhime - or is he?

Comment

Auron is the shit. Enough said.

On that note, Sky Pirates have more of a romantic and exciting feel than regular old Pirates.
                          Characters:
                          Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                          Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                          If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Mog? Hello? FF = Mogness.

Besides, Sky Pirates = Skies of Arcadia.
                            Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Originally posted by Jaeram View Post
                              or Auron... They both have really cool jackets...(like the guy in my avatar)
                              I'm sure Alucard can pwn Auron.
                              Characters:
                              Pericles Redfoot
                              Wings

Comment

Working...
                              X