Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use Magic Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The item sits in your inventory rather than being equipped. You shouldn't technically be capable of using it without the required levels, but since the use limitation only applies to items you put on your paperdoll the engine bypasses it.

Comment

Should I throw the item away or give it to a DM?
      Primary PC: Samuel

Comment

Originally posted by Verideth View Post
        Should I throw the item away or give it to a DM?
        Class limitations are silly anyway. How can the item tell what class you are? Its a sentient bag? A sentient bag that can cast Detect Class?

How come my Mage can't cast that spell? Perhaps because Class is an entirely abstract concept which cannot be so easily delineated?
        UTC+8
        Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
        Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Sundren uses this to some degree. Like how darkdwarf miner mindslaves can put up a fight against level 20+ PCs.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...orySegregation
          At least, this is how I make myself feel better when I get my butt handed to me by mobs.
          Marrent "Morrie": Inviolable Nature

Zan Fang: Stifling Stars

Comment

I like that the UMD use is set as high as it is for various reasons. The DC's are not that hard to overcome for a character who is not cross-classing, and there are reasons that this is not a class skill for everyone. On a side note it makes perfect sense to have the Class stores that are in game. They hold items that are stronger then your run of the mill equipment, they help give their respective classes a boost. If everyone could use them, then it would defeat the purpose..

Comment

Originally posted by Peridan View Post
              ...Does anyone else think that kind of requirement to cast a level 0 spell is a little much?
              I do. A decent rogue build will max out UMD skill as it is critical to the class... "Experienced rogues develop nearly magical powers and skills as they master the arts of stealth, evasion, and sneak attacks. In addition, while not capable of casting spells on their own, a rogue can sometimes "fake it" well enough to cast spells from scrolls, activate wands, and use just about any other magic item."

If the DC is 25 +... Assuming a CHA of 10 and no other UMD skill modifiers, this rogue would have to be 22nd level to automatically cast a Level 0 spell. I agree this is a little much and not consistent with all of the outstanding efforts to date to bring greater balance the server.

Cheers!
              Cheers!

Comment

It's been stated as being 20+ and I don't feel that it should be made easy to auto succeed. That is just my opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by Seheren View Post
                  It's been stated as being 20+ and I don't feel that it should be made easy to auto succeed. That is just my opinion though.
                  Originally posted by Cornuto View Post
                  Even worse, I think its 25 + spell level.
                  Which is it?
                  Cheers!

Comment

I seem to remember it being switched to match PnP, so 20.
                    It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                    Sydney Smith.

Comment

This sounds correct... I don't think I could have used the scrolls of mage armor I have if it were DC25 base.

Comment

Based on the DC's of scrolls I use regularly I can say it is not 25. No still dc I have seen has exceeded 30.

Comment

Sendings are DC 24 to me I think maybe 25 .

Comment

You know, I was thinking that bigbys scrolls are DC28. Maybe it is 21+. Or perhaps level 0 counts as 1 and it goes up from there.

Comment

Working...
                            X