Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you miss the radial menu from Neverwinter Nights?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you miss the radial menu from Neverwinter Nights?

A lot of people (including me) are disappointed by the lack of the radial menu in NWN2, the context menu isn't enough for some. What are your thoughts?
    Yes! Why the hell did they remove it from NWN2?!
    53.33%
    I don't care either way...
    16.67%
    I'm glad it's gone!
    20.00%
    Radial Menu?
    10.00%
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

I'm always up for change, but there was nothing wrong with the radial menu. If they were going to change it, Obsidian should have thought of a better alternative...
    Heh, i guess my characters are deleted, now. Updating char list soon!

Comment

The range of emotes (and vocals) you do have right now are EXTREMELY limited it seems... Though vocal spam was annoying in Nwn and I rarely used it... It still has it's place in RP
      "A pro isn't someone who sacrifices themselves for a job. That's just a fool." -Reno FF7

Comment

I miss it so very much
        - Faltru

Comment

I miss having so much available from a right click menu, but at the same time it could end up being somewhat deep when trying to search for the right emote, a special ability or something like that. Either way if they are going to keep the standard right click menu they have now, it should have more trees on it to offer some of the things that were previously available.
          Wise men wonder while strong men die

Comment

I'm not one who misses it. I like the new hot spells menu, and the fact that the context menu can be expanded upon helps too. Radial was nice for a time, but kind of crappy now that I look back.

Comment

I think what they have is fine for the single-player module where you can pause things. I'd like to have seen something where you can put some of the commands onto an action bar. I really think the action bars could be a powerful tool.

Want to trade with someone, click on that action then click on them. Want to attack someone without marking them as hostile, do that too. Also what's nice is the targeting feature using the right mouse button, the action could be set on them by default.

Anyhow I think the action bars will be set up to do everything the radial menu did and more with all the genius scripters out there.

Comment

Sorry but I hated it in The Temple of Elemental Evil and I hated it in Neverwinter Nights. Problem is the new menu system sucks too.

Comment

It was okay. It could've been better, but it was okay. I don't like this one nearly as much.

Comment

The functionality of the new system works as intended... the radial worked as it was intended as well... It's just a new generation of game and a new way of doing things...

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
                    "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
                    Eldraxus Tzyvioq
                    Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...

Comment

New doesn't mean better, always.

Comment

Working...
                      X