Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are the encounters to you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are the encounters to you?

How are Sundren's encounters to you?
    THE PAIN! Please tone them down! OUCH OUCH!
    6.56%
    They're just a tad hard.
    45.90%
    Just right, don't change a thing.
    37.70%
    They're weak, watch me mop this Wraith Knight up
    9.84%

I feel they are challenging to powerful builds/classes, and pretty difficult for others (as in using a lot of consumables to get through). Which, I think, is how it should be.
    Drado Nackle, gnome scholar of the Weave
    Roger Datson, swashbuckler and booty-seeker
    "Mercy? You wanted mercy?! I'M CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!!"

Comment

I belive they are just right. Although the encounters become easier as you progress in experiance; but I belive there is plans for higher level encounters.
      "We are what we think.
      All that we are arises with our thoughts.
      With our thoughts, we make our world"

Comment

I think they are fine as they are, a tad hard for weak chars, very hard for solo IMO, but then ive never done the 'build' thing.

What would be nice is the spawn points changing from time to time, keep everyone on their toes.
        "Im a hero hunter, I hunt heroes... I havn't found any yet"

Comment

About right to me, if you go in at the the correct or lower level than the monsters you get some challanging fights.
          Currently playing:

Bree Merrymar: Paladin of the Wayward Wardens

Comment

They are easy enough if you concentrate on your health, and make sure you don't get surrounded... it just costs a lot of money on consumables. Especially wands. Wait is that the definition of hard?
            Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Originally posted by rustediron View Post
              They are easy enough if you concentrate on your health, and make sure you don't get surrounded... it just costs a lot of money on consumables. Especially wands. Wait is that the definition of hard?

It does cost alot of money, but what with the merchant exploits folks are happily sharing with each other instead of questioning and reporting, im sure you can all afford it.
              "Im a hero hunter, I hunt heroes... I havn't found any yet"

Comment

I like Aux's idea of changing spawn points from time to time. I am a fan of surprises.

As far as the encounters that are out there, I like them how they are. It is difficult to solo out there with a non-fighting class, and that's the way it was intended.
                Trent Galley- Former member of Thayan cartel "Shadowmasters"
                Justano Cain- Classic farmboy turned adventurer

Comment

With a decent party, they're all doable without too much pain. Always take a meatshield and a priest, and everything'll be just fine . Or if you're a total badass I reckon most things can probably even be soloed.
                  I got one leg missin'
                  How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                  Meet the Feebles

Comment

, i'd love more challenging battles and the such. *Shrug.* And stuff thats simply just impossible to beat. Stuff thats hard. Yeah. = More grouping and not "lol lookie at me, im an epic cleric that can solo!" ^^

Comment

I'd say that PvE encounters are fairly hard. As a player who prefers to solo when grinding, I've been met with much pain and, because of that, been forced to really learn how to play my class. Prior to playing on Sundren, I didn't really know the ins and outs of DnD combat, but I've been forced to learn thanks to the encounters here. Which is nice, DnD's magic system isn't as daunting as I used to find it anymore.

Fighters find the encounters in the early end of the game fairly easy, while dex/caster types find it somewhat difficult (but still soloable. I can solo Spittlefist caves now with any character at level 3 by approaching the fights in the proper fashion). Main thing is consumables are a bitch, making it very expensive to grind... that's the main issue with soloing, making sure you keep at least a 1 to 1 rate of money acquisition compared with consumable consumption. Which is fine. I have no idea what exploit Aux is mentioning (you guys know I tell you when I find exploits, and if I find it I'll be sure to let you know).

For DM encounters, however, I feel that in general they're much too easy. I'd like to see more DM events that have monsters as tough as the Bloodmaim mobs. Stuff that really makes players prefer to run than fight without having lots of PC or NPC support.
                      -Arcanist Josirah Caranos, Red Wizard of Thay

Comment

I haven't been in a DM encounter yet, so I can't really talk about that.

With PvE though, Soloing is a little harder then I'm use to but that doesn't make it wrong at all. The fact that it semi forces you to group is nice I find though, as it works really well in groups.

Two of better RPs so far involved me saving someone in a fight, and being saved, so I thought that was really cool. If it was up to me, and I know it's not at all, I'd leave them as they are, and increase xp by like .5%.
                        Names Taallic.

Only time can save the world now.
                        Immortality is your last hope.
                        For my existence to be true, Hell's Fire must burn hotter than Heaven's Cold Gates can stand.

Comment

The DM events tend to be easier mainly because the range of classes and levels, when you have a mass of the high end of the server in one area with a few scattered lower levels really it's a cake walk for us...which is probably why those bloodmaims couldn't die until a DM allowed it to.

Though when I went toe to toe with a bane wraith knight, I had just enough time to say "wow, this guy hits really ha..."

Team work, team dynamic, I've seen some encounters run so smoothly because everyone was working in harmony and many times watching a mass death because party member A and B thought C and D had all their healing magic quickened.

Unless there's some place I haven't been to yet, so far choosing your battles and being prepared for them, keeping a watch of your hps/spells will generally give you positive results.
                          Father Perry - "...great, not only do rats carry disease but apparently they explode into a fiery ball of flame.?"

"may your experience here be legendary." - Ipsissimus

Comment

I think the areas are challenging; however, if you prepare properly, you can defeat most areas without too much effort. The preparation is the right party and the right equipment and pots. I think they could maybe be a bit harder or maybe not harder, but have the AI actually use spells that will really hurt, like stripping your buffs........hehe, this is easy with all my buffs, what...damn..ouch.....hey, where am I? I know that in NWN1, many classes that rely on buffs to survive died very quickly when their buffs were stripped. I had a cleric that was awesome against undead and such, but when he fought dragons that stripped buffs, he died pretty quickly.

I think the possibility of multiple or changing spawns is good if it can be implemented.

Comment

Another thing I think greatly helps lower levels get started is the availability of armor pieces with temporary hit points. Having a larger buffer zone to experience fights before collapsing is a plus when you don't know the areas too well, in my opinion. So yup I think the level of difficulty is great like it is.
                              Drado Nackle, gnome scholar of the Weave
                              Roger Datson, swashbuckler and booty-seeker
                              "Mercy? You wanted mercy?! I'M CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X