Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which feature of Sundren draws you in the most?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which feature of Sundren draws you in the most?

Which feature of Sundren draws you in the most? It may not be fully implemented at the time of this Poll's posting, but I'm curious what people like in a PW.
    The Quest system
    0.00%
    The Lore and History
    10.53%
    Random item properties
    5.26%
    Arena Battles
    2.63%
    Diverse Loot Tables
    5.26%
    Faction and Reputation System
    7.89%
    Role-Play Rewards and In Character Assets
    21.05%
    DM Events and Server Events
    26.32%
    Guild / Group System
    5.26%
    The Other Players
    15.79%

I choose lore because I like a world with a rich history. But I think the combination of all the features is the main draw.
    The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present.

Character: Melrick Pinton

Comment

Roleplay rewards.
      I don't mean 'play the bad bloke; irritate the other players, or play the good bloke and have a stick up your arse' and be rewarded kind of rewards.
      I mean doing things in this community that don't involve killing everything in sight and 'growing' from it with your character. I like knowing my actions are more then just allignment/killing.
      There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

I voted DM events, because those are reliably exciting and a lot of fun, anywhere I've played. If the Sundren DMs are as good at their jobs as I expect them to be, these will be awesome, but I've found that even when DM events aren't run particularly well, they're a lot of fun just for the sake of variety and uncertainty. So, I know I'm looking forward to that.

I could also have a lot of fun with the player-to-player RP, but that will depend a lot on how the community turns out to be, which none of us can know until the server goes up.

Comment

I'm not sure what to answer for this poll... all of the above?
          - Faltru

Comment

Sundren specifically? Hrmm... I had a hard time choosing, but I'm pretty sure it's the other players, and the environment/atmosphere in particular.
            Character(s)
            >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
            ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

Yeah, the ability to choose multiple things on the list would have been great. Overall, I decided to go with Sundren over others because of the professional presentation of the website, the relationship with the Thieves-Guild website, and the absolutely pleasant interaction with the people here in the forums. You guys are responsive, positively-critical, and welcoming of any newcomers... It's exciting to be here and, if things go the way they seem to be, I will end up rethinking my decision to return to World of Warcraft. Once I get involved in a truly interactive roleplaying server of NWN, everything else goes away (as happened with NWN1)...

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
              "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
              Eldraxus Tzyvioq
              Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...

Comment

Lore and History for me.. I really wanna see a good Political structure to the server.

I love a good background to a server which enriches roleplay.

Second i am looking forward to the loot system.

Also some of the events in which the Dm's will excercise the Lore and history to make new history as the player's characters go along in their lives.
                Current: Dae'Vesta, freaky female half-drow assassin

Like Metal ? ----> http://www.myspace.com/cryofsickness2008

Comment

I chose other players, because for me role-playing is the essential thing of the game, not rewards or anything, just the pure pleasure of playing with others.
                  I have come so far.. Crawled away from the corner of your eye..

Character: Silka

Comment

Other Players, i just love the players here. Frontier has no match whatsoever to players here. In frontier everyone would stare at each other, and it was hard to get a good rp. Here people acutally talk to you! Suprise Suprise!

Comment

The best server I was ever on had three things:

1. Great rewards for roleplaying.
                      2. Great people for roleplaying with.
                      3. Great dungeon masters.

It's a lot to ask from anyone, I guess, but those are the top three things I like seeing in a server. I've seen all three so far. No particular ranking to them, I just listed them as I thought of them.

Comment

1) DM Interaction (Quests, some random mob that ambushes you, or just a stanger who comes by looking for directions...almost anything!)

This is what will keep me coming back. As someone said earlier, its the variety and unpredictablity that it provides that I like so much. Even if its short and not very detailed, it keeps you on your toes.

2) RP with other players.
                        Good RP with others is what makes the time in between (and during) DM events interesting.

There are alot of other factors to a world, but those two are by far the most important.
                        Account:
                        e044529

Characters:
                        Celundel Di'malin
                        Trent Arna

Comment

Working...
                        X