Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you like to see most in future updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for more of the faction rep than anything else in the in that particular list, but I'd love to see it be more quest involved.
    Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
    Cybil Gelley (Retired)
    Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

Or the entire Bigby line.
      I think Interposing Hand has a place, and I'd actually be okay with Bigby's if they worked anything like their SRD counterparts or had their durations cut down (1d4 + 1 rounds seems fair).
      Originally posted by Cornuto
      Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

In general I would like to see more player freedom. Not necessarily mini games where different factions take turns capturing forts/towns/etc, but the ability to do/have anything happen that role play could provide.

The server seems to be heading this way from the kinds of updates I'm seeing which is very neat.
        Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
        "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

EDIT: NvM, don't want to derail this with spell-balance B.S.
          Originally posted by Saulus
          Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornuto View Post
            I'd be cool with this if there was some way to hard-cap saving throw bonuses regardless of source (+8 maybe?). I feel like Bigby's spells are popular because its pretty common for everyone and their brother to run around with High 20's and 30's saving throws due to NWN2's stacking, and its one of the few spells that can get around it.

This may be less of a concern since the more common saving throw bonus spells were made to not stack.
            I think that's a pretty big stretch in assuming why people use bigbys. Even with a low saving throw people will smack you with one just because it's so easy. I think altering the spell its' self would be a good move. Maybe if Bigbys allowed a STR test every round?
            Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
            "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

One thing I really would like to see is a 'Road to' area for each of the towns, just a shortish 'theming' area you'd need to pass through to reach the town. They'd also be handy for clandestine meetings, RP value and ambushes.

A Coastal road for Sestra, a main road littered with debris and abandoned goods for Avanthyr, something cold and ominous for Aquor and a woody/stony riverside path to Mirakus.
              It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
              Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
                One thing I really would like to see is a 'Road to' area for each of the towns, just a shortish 'theming' area you'd need to pass through to reach the town. They'd also be handy for clandestine meetings, RP value and ambushes.

A Coastal road for Sestra, a main road littered with debris and abandoned goods for Avanthyr, something cold and ominous for Aquor and a woody/stony riverside path to Mirakus.
                This.

Comment

I'd love, love, love to see the dynamic battlefield system put in place where the main opposing forces could battle it out, using PCs to capture and control waypoints and locations around the associated maps to control and influence NPC behavior, faction resources and rewards. Ideally waypoints should be split amongst skill types to take and possibly involve multiple factions and classes to control.

Fun things to include might be an abandoned exigo outpost where rogue classes could sway constructs to their factions side (for spawns) or just as all-round aggressive spawns, the same might go for a 'wild' waypoint, allowing druids/rangers to sway critters to fight for either faction or just their own.

This would provide a great PvP stomping ground for earning rep and provide a nice structured (and very visible) way of demonstrating conflict. Much more fun than random fireside gankings!
                  ^ This.

I like the other stuff, but installing something like this would give people more freedom to entertain themselves when DMs are not around.

Comment

I voted for more quests. There are many times when there is only one, if any, DM's online to run quests for 10+ people, and having Daily, weekly, and monthly quests on top of the one time only per character quests would be really a good way for people to have an RP reason to go someplace to do something without needing a DM to shove a plot down our throats. I love DM plots, to make that clear. It's just also nice to have something to do when they aren't around.
                    Tigen Amastacia: Died in events so you didn't have to.

Quintin Ulsteris: Nice-guy Legion engineer, deceased son of House Ulsteris.

Clandriel Cain: AKA "Fire-eyes" AKA "Demon hunter" AKA "OH MY GOD, WHY IS HE STILL STABBING ME!!??"

Comment

I think what everyone is saying, is that we all want more Doubtful!

I voted for puzzles, just because I enjoy them even if they are repeatable. What would help with the repeatability problem is to simply make them technically difficult. You know the sequence that should be played out? Better hurry, because Ixis Lizards are spawning and killing your party members. You think you can dodge all of those traps? Good, because you'll have to do it as a wall of unholy flame slowly inches up on you as you step and dive across the ancient puzzle board.

Or even better, make some portions of the puzzles roll dependent like the quests. If you miss a spot check as you walk down the hallway, you're likely to not see the hidden lever that'll prevent the door behind you from closing you into a room and filling with water.

Another way, is to perhaps randomize some solutions to the puzzles. For instance, make the color scheme you need to press change depending on certain torch lights within the dungeon that shift every ten minutes.

Anyway, just some thoughts!
                      Characters:
                      Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                      Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                      If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

I totally would love to see the Blackguard class and other classes get some lovin'.

But also more quests and stuff to keep people busy would also be wonderful.
                        Originally posted by Satoshi
                        Boobs > You. Cornuto: 0 Cat: 1
                        Originally posted by Cornuto
                        Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Divine Champion and Blackguard could both use some love. Also, I would love to see more specialized non-caster classes. In my eyes, there will never be too many ways to customize your character. This is evidenced by my having around 90 total PC's right now.

Comment

That would be awesome. On my old server you had to run epic distances, which is something I miss. On sundren it's like *Sending spell* then *poof!* allies magically appear. Also yes ambushes and pvp banditry made running those long roads tense!
                            UTC+8
                            Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                            Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

I'll third the Blackguard!
                              The BG is essentially a fighter with a skeleton sidekick and 1 or 3 weak smites.
                              BG or Anti-paladin.. we anxiously hope for a improved model.

Comment

This is a hard choice. Generally I'd like more things to do besides levelling up. Crafting, exploring doing quests, misc. faction work. I love depth in a server. And as stated earlier lore-specific quests are great for this. But just NPC conversations with interesting info and depth is great too!

I'd like the kinda store Thaelis, kit and I discuss in this thread: http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19333, as well as store that sell common items, like rope, kegs, and the like. A good store.

As doubt mentions I'd like more roads and open areas that are not neccesarily dungeons that connects the areas. I really like the idea of an overland map, as it reminds me of my old BG days, and I can understand if the overland map is a specific intention in design. it also makes it easer finding eachother, but I really like exploring. On another nwn2 server I played on there were random encounters, and not always based on your level. Sometimes it would be a trio of highwaymen, once I was a attacked by a 7 man strong banite force! Always at random strength and at random places. This would be nice.

This would also help cater to the nature-classes (a ranger actually patrolling roads, making them safe or a druid harrasing trade routes), and would perhaps avoid ending up with a warden-like faction again? I'd like to think that this gives the ranger and druid class more reason to be a local sundrite instead of all those elves migrating and secluding themselves.

More classes, feats and abilites is also a nice touch. I don't know if you use Kaedrins content, but I really like some of the subtle changes he made. Rangers can focus in greatweapons fx, giving them powerattack and cleave among other things.. Barbarians can choose from start between normal rage, and a whirlwind frenzy that gives AC instead of strength bonus. It may not be pathfinder friendly, but I really like it. IMHO divine champions would benefit greatly from just having access to a great selection of bonus feats.
                                My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                                Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Working...
                                X