Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you going to buy the NWN2 expansion when it comes out?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you going to buy the NWN2 expansion when it comes out?

Are you going to buy the NWN2 expansion when it comes out?
    Absolutely!
    66.00%
    Most likely
    26.00%
    Undecided
    6.80%
    No way!
    1.20%
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

As of now, I'm undecided. As I've said, I'm very disappointed in the bugs, and especially all the crashing that occurs. I find myself rebooting my computer more than I'm playing. I guess I'll wait until the next update comes out and see if these things are fixed before I decide.

Comment

Yes I will. I cant wait.

Comment

Well I should mention that the expansion is part of the improvement process of NWN2 as a whole. Without the expansion Obsidian doesn't get the adaquete funding to continue to fix bugs, add new content, and improve the game.

Yes, there may be some bad bugs that should have been fixed... But look at so many other games out there that only received a patch or two, and zero support for the community. I encourage anyone who wants to see a better NWN2 to buy the expansion, because it's the only way you're going to get what you want-- a better product.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Definately going to buy it. Mainly because the multiplayer experience will have dramatically improved by then, and it could only get better; what, with the new features and whatnot. Secondly, I'd like to find out what happened to my character from the original campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus Mursadus View Post
            Well I should mention that the expansion is part of the improvement process of NWN2 as a whole. Without the expansion Obsidian doesn't get the adaquete funding to continue to fix bugs, add new content, and improve the game.

Yes, there may be some bad bugs that should have been fixed... But look at so many other games out there that only received a patch or two, and zero support for the community. I encourage anyone who wants to see a better NWN2 to buy the expansion, because it's the only way you're going to get what you want-- a better product.
            And that is why I will buy it.
            Thain

Astin

Dergil

Comment

Will definitelty buy it NWN1 had quite a few problems when it first came out as well. I can remember NWN1 crashing tons when it first came out. Though will admit it had more content, but thats probbally cause its harder to make content for this one. They have come out with several patches so have proved to me that they are at least working on making it better.
              Active Characters:
              Tassafina Lightleaf - A little sneaky but not as sneaky as Ithil

Silivren Anar
              Merka Gillina

Hideing outs:
              Alyssa Swiftwing - Priestess of Yondalla
              Ravenne Naur'Loki - Roar!

Comment

I'm a game whore with OCD... I have to buy it...

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
                "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
                Eldraxus Tzyvioq
                Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...

Comment

I have to go with Grigori on this one. I am sure there are lots of valid, wholesome, purposes to get the expansion but truth be known I will get it the day it comes out because I am a total nwn lover and would be afraid I was missing something.

Oh yeah... and the voices in my head said it was what I should do.

Comment

I'm going to buy it. Part for the fixes, part for the new content, and part for the fact that new modules are going to start needing it.
                    Character(s)
                    >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
                    ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

I'm definitly buying it.
                      Can't wait to see the new implementations of the classes (epic levels and new feats are parts of it).
                      Zorn Terinus - the arcane scientist
                      Drogan Ebonshield - the dwarven mercenary

Comment

Yep.. im buying it. I actually don't have too much problems with the game. I dunno if i just got away with a good sytem i built or something but I rarely crash through zones and rarely crash at all.

Yep some bugs.. but I agree with Ech.. when the expansion comes out this game will be far more polished by then.
                        Current: Dae'Vesta, freaky female half-drow assassin

Like Metal ? ----> http://www.myspace.com/cryofsickness2008

Comment

Buy buy buy
                          Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

I'll certainly buy it.

Buying expansion packs ensures that you'll get more bug fixes, it keeps the developers working on the software, and it provides new content. Honestly, I see no reason to not buy it, short of money concerns.

Comment

More Content. . Bug fixes. . More campagn storyline. . .
                              Must get Game. . . Uuggg *becomes zombie like chanting "Must get game"*

Comment

Working...
                              X