Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you listen to the ingame music or your own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you listen to the ingame music or your own?

I'm curious if people actually listen to the ingame music, as I've thought about adding more custom music for certain areas to add more flavor.

What are your thoughts?
    I listen to ingame music
    32.84%
    I mute the music, silence is bliss
    13.43%
    Enough of that music, my own is better!
    25.37%
    Depends on my mood
    28.36%
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Always grooving to my own tunes, though it's largely because I've been playing NWN2 for like, ever... All the default music is bland and repetitive.
    Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
    Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
    Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
    Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
    Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
    Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Same for me.

Love,
      ~Sapph

Comment

It depends on my mood. When I'm in super serious rp's I tend to either listen to the ingame music or mute it entirely, but when I'm grinding or goofing off I'm in Vent/Skype/Pandora.

A big part of it though is what Kasso said. I've been playing this game for a long time and there's not that much variety.
        James Arrow: Potion Vendor

Comment

If roleplaying in a group? Oh yeah, definitely makes it more immersive.

If I'm by myself, or if I've never heard the music in the zone before, I'll usually be listening or watching something in the background.

Custom music would cool though.
          "Life is a game. The only thing that matters is whether you're a pawn or a player."

~Zvarich

Comment

Dubstep.
            "Was I your knight in shining armor? The apple of your eye? Or just a step, another step to climb?"

Comment

Pretty much the same as everyone else, I tend to have my own Music Player in the background and have the game music muted because I've been playing this game forever, and it's all repetitive now.

New custom music would be awesome. I'm assuming we're talking about pulling cool-sounding fantasy music from others sources, like Lord of the Rings or Battlestar Galatica or something? If you can compose your own music I'd be mightily impressed!
              The poetry that comes from the squaring off between;
              and the circling is worth it, finding beauty in the dissonance.

Comment

Add the whole Icewind dale soundtrack to sundren and ill be happy. Noticed the mountains have icewind dale's shengarne river theme. More of that would be great! Especially the kuldahar theme for the glade
                Originally posted by roguethree
                If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

I typically have the music turned so low that I can't hear it, because I'm typically listening to Ventrilo.
                  Active
                  Reinamar Stormseeker - The bladestorm that must turn back the wind. Arkerym of The People, practitioner of the forgotten art, pariah.

Tyler Penleigh - Obligatory author insert, Red Blade Defender, sarcastic jerk, caring brother, loving fiancé, war criminal.

Retired/Dead
                  Eirimil Gaelazair (Dead)- Bitter. Caustic. Abrasive. Egocentric. Probably right. Found dead in the burned-out Viridale forest a few weeks after the survivors were able to sweep the area after the Bloodmaim offensive. Aside from his usual attire, an intricate music box was the only thing in his possession.

Comment

Originally posted by Satoshi View Post
                    I typically have the music turned so low that I can't hear it, because I'm typically listening to Ventrilo.
                    Yup! I usually don't have the music on because I am talking on vent, or listening to my own music, or watching tv.
                    Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
                    Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
                    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Always have in game music/sfx on.

When I'm playing I want to be concentrating and immersed in what I'm doing, not getting.... um. Hee hee Look! A squeaky toy!

* by no means a criticism of those that do other things while playing - just an indication of how small my attention span is

Comment

I sing and add percussion by hitting my desk repeatedly for background music. Barring that, I have a music player going.

I've listened to the in-game music once since coming back, and that was when Gamling pointed out that Twin Peak Road sounded like Knothole Glade from Fable.

Comment

I really appreciate the music and ambient sound track that accompanies the maps.

Aquor and the ascent to cold mountain comes to mind immediately.

Comment

...NwN2 has music?
                            Xaayne Zek: The man with no name.

Comment

I usually listen to the in game music because I find a lot of it adds to the flavor.
                              Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
                              "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Working...
                              X