Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What feature would you like implemented first?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What feature would you like implemented first?

We have a few larger ongoing projects with Sundren, which one would you like to see first?
    Quests
    42.68%
    Arena
    1.27%
    Crafting
    29.30%
    Joinable Factions
    26.75%
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

I was torn between Quests and Crafting, and by the votes so far it seems the community feels exactly the same way.

I chose Crafting over Quests after a few minutes thought for the following reason only:

The idea of Quests is very tempting but IMO to make them really feel genuine scripted quests from NPCs won't cut it.

I want to see more quests with DMs behind them, definitely! And ways to get involved in them, times, places, sign-ups whatever...

I sort of came to the conclusion that any Quest system I could think up would be little more than a server validated form of grinding.

That being said, I may not be smart enough to realize what could be done with this toolset. I have no experience with it or any other online gaming quest systems, so, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!
    ~Hrothgar Ragnarsson - Warrior and Sailor from the frozen North.

Comment

Hmm torn between quests and factions.
      But I see quests as yet another xp race. *Grr*
      So I choose factions. This was something I was wanting since back in January. (Trying to join the militia and all)
      There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

Quests all the way!
        (I don't get why people want crafting so bad. Can someone explain?)
        Vicho Stormson: "How dare you defy the supremacy of Talos! ... well I'll let you get away with it, this time."

Comment

Crafting - and we want it because some characters, have crafting skills, then theres characters that have crafting feats.

Kind of a waste if they cant be used really, as theres not even an opportunity to roleplay them, as you could with diplomacy, bluff, intimidate or even hide.
          Faerayorn Zargoth II - Nobleman, wizard and swordsman

Deth'amaendul Amastacia - Halberd weilding sun elven, sun elf hating warrior.

Comment

Torn between quests and factions... And I semi-accidentally picked factions. Oh well, either would be nice. Quests so we can get experience if there aren't any DM's around and we don't feel like smashing heads, or factions for... Um... factiony stuff.
            Character(s)
            >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
            ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

I think that factions would be interesting for evil characters. There should be some places where they can call home (not like port avanthyr). For exemple, a necropolis, a camp of bandits, a cave...
              However, I also think that the quests should get along with factions.

So I chose factions, but quests could be as important.
              Zorn Terinus - the arcane scientist
              Drogan Ebonshield - the dwarven mercenary

Comment

Quest, obviously Aren't people complaining about lack of interesting things to do? It's also the, let's say, less selfish choice Factions will only affect maybe a few people who are lost without being part of one. Arena, sure, we really need that pronto >.>. Crafting is cute, but no matter what is said about people who spent points and feats, it's still something that would be mostly for a specific slice of the players (not to mention whatever craft system is used can easily ignore the crafting skills and feats...).

Quests on the other hand are for everyone

Comment

Crafting will be an expansion upon what was in the campaign, all the same skills will be used. We're in beta which is why we're deciding what to work on next, a lot of worlds remain in closed beta but we much rather have an open world for players to play on that's "as-is"... as in... this is how it is until we get around to it.
                  The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus Mursadus View Post
                    Crafting will be an expansion upon what was in the campaign, all the same skills will be used. We're in beta which is why we're deciding what to work on next, a lot of worlds remain in closed beta but we much rather have an open world for players to play on that's "as-is"... as in... this is how it is until we get around to it.
                    Wow that's great news then! It means we won't have to deal with three hundred crafting skills people would grind to the end of the world!

PS: It also has the added bonus that what people can craft will be affected by the XP curve too With the "craft-grinding" systems out there, a level 3 could be making the uberest possible items if they just grinded enough

Comment

Factions. Don't care for quests at all.
                      Retired.

Comment

If it's 'auto-quests' that can be done/run by yourself to gain some XP... then I'd rather have crafting or joinable factions in the game first.

Otherwise one might have characters running around doing their quests instead of looking for rp - which might be especially bad during times when there are only a dozen or less players on the server.

Edit: Oh, and... arena? "Booo!"
                        Playing Asha'easaahae Illeleste & Frem

Comment

Yeah, noticed the results too. Crafting and Quests. The two things that anyone wants other then RP is experience and items, this struck me as no suprise.

Joinable factions add more flavor to the community, it'd be cool to see what sort of factions there'd be out there (I.E. Vigilante or outlaw factions, Drow, Paladin factions...ect). Besides, giving people another outlet for xp/items is useless. Extra experience only puts you ahead of the curve and takes away from the DM's job. One of the big reasons why I think this server is great is that it is not a monotonous quest grind. I've seen tons of other "RP" servers where people blab in town for two seconds and then quest for 2 hours and not say a damn thing the whole way, then get back, turn it in, Blab for 5 minutes about the quest. Wash, rinse, repeat if necessary. With having so many DM involved plots (or Quests if you will) going on I just don't see the point.
                          Perigo Teal, Rogue Assassin.
                          Genji, The happy go lucky Gnome.
                          Giladel of the house of Ravencrest.

IT GOES 40 MINUTES, but not seconds. Draw off by the pillar of fail!

Comment

Well said Tratz, i wholeheartedly agree. I too voted Factions, a shame its not headed in that direction.
                            Garion Redwind- Elitist Wizard
                            Rake- The one-eyed Scout
                            Two wrongs dont make a right, but three lefts do!

Comment

I voted quest but I favor factions. The reason I went with quests is that it's a great way for a new player to become acquainted with the world. They should be non-repeatable though.
                              Factions should be more organic and grow within the population base and then be supported by the staff.

Comment

Working...
                              X