Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important notice to all players and DMs! Please read to avoid bugs and diminish LAG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important notice to all players and DMs! Please read to avoid bugs and diminish LAG

From several accounts I've noticed that not all properly followed patching instructions the last time a client side patch was released.

Please take a few minutes to go through the following steps to clean your Sundren files. Failing to do so may make you subject to bugs as well as cause lag on the server.

Here is what you have to do:

1. Go to your My Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2/Campaigns/Sundren/ folder

2. Do you see anything more in there than the two files Campaign.cam and module.jrl?
    If not, you're good!

If you DO have more files and folders in there, proceed to step 3.

3. Go back to /NwN2/Campaigns/
    From here, DELETE the Sundren folder entirely.

4. Go to your My Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2/hak/ folder

5. DELETE the last Sundren version hak in this folder. At the current time of posting, this file is:
    sundren_v68.hak
    If you follow this step by step protocol at a later time, simply DELETE the file with the highest postfix number.

6. Rerun your Sundren updater

Thanks for your cooperation

Thanks Kaeldorn!
    Originally posted by roguethree
    If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

From several accounts I've noticed that not all properly followed patching instructions the last time a client side patch was released.

Please take a few minutes to go through the following steps to clean your Sundren files. Failing to do so may make you subject to bugs as well as cause lag on the server.

Here is what you have to do:

1. Go to your My Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2/Campaigns/Sundren/ folder

2. Do you see anything more in there than the two files Campaign.cam and module.jrl?
      If not, you're good!

If you DO have more files and folders in there, proceed to step 3.

3. Go back to /NwN2/Campaigns/
      From here, DELETE the Sundren folder entirely.

4. Go to your My Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2/hak/ folder

5. DELETE the last Sundren version hak in this folder. At the current time of posting, this file is:
      sundren_v68.hak
      If you follow this step by step protocol at a later time, simply DELETE the file with the highest postfix number.

6. Rerun your Sundren updater

Thanks for your cooperation
      Don't have any module.jrl file... what's this and is it important?
      Originally posted by Saulus
      Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

It is generally made when you get journal updates for your character by doing quests. However, the client side one is empty. Having or not having that particular file makes no difference because the information you actually get to see is taken off the server.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeldorn View Post
          It is generally made when you get journal updates for your character by doing quests. However, the client side one is empty. Having or not having that particular file makes no difference because the information you actually get to see is taken off the server.
          Thanks Kael.

Originally posted by Saulus
          Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

I had 2 sunder_v68.hax files I deleted both of them. Should I have dont that or what?
            "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."-Winston Churchill

"A warrior is measured in sacrifice beyond death for he who rises not once but twice shall offer all those nearby you pay the price" Banite Hero

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/126/rwee.png <-- New home.

Ju'eir- http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/6286/sdfsdf.png
            The power of the hunt.

Comment

That's fine. Though I wonder how you managed to get two files with the same name in the same folder

Comment

*shrug* I did what you said 3 times and the sever still wont let me in it freez at the Loading Moudel. I dont get it I dont know if this go with something else. Any idea what I can do I miss sundren.
                "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."-Winston Churchill

"A warrior is measured in sacrifice beyond death for he who rises not once but twice shall offer all those nearby you pay the price" Banite Hero

The power of the hunt.

Comment

Keep trying. It took me a long time to get on.
                  sigpic
                  Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

You tried reupdating Sundren after that Firechicken?
                    Originally posted by roguethree
                    If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Firechicken, and anyone else feeling they are freezing at log in;

When you're at the character selection part of the log on process I'd suggest waiting until all of the character information has loaded into the right hand part of of the screen, this'll help a nice smooth transition onto the server.

Also be aware it can take a few minutes to log on at times (it can take up to 5 minutes, this can feel a long time if your drumming your fingers but in reality it's not that bad), the progress bar will stop for this time but will normally start up again after those few minutes. Use this time to make a drink, empty your bladder, contemplate your navel or simply think of the sheer awesomeness of penguins - Giving up after a minute/few seconds and trying again is a road to frustration, just be patient and goodness shall happen.
                      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                      Sydney Smith.

Comment

I waited one time for 45 minutes and it still was there it does this sometime but I will keep trying.

The power of the hunt.

Comment

I too had trouble last night when I did what kael said to do with the sundren files. However, I didn't wait 45 minutes, just about five and then went to bed.

I will try again tonight.
                          • Dalrion - Ranger of the Viridale
                          • Constantine - Adorned of Ilmater
                          • Crom - Priest of Gorm
                          Bring me a Shrubbery!

Comment

Well I used some spray stuff and blew my computer out and now its running great. Try that maybe it will help.

The power of the hunt.

Comment

i too do not have the .jrl file... is that why all of my journal entries are - dashes?
                              i was told back when it first happened there was a bug in the journal system.. is that the case or can i do something to fix my journal?

Comment

Working...
                              X