Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Persistent Storage Disabled Temporarily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persistent Storage Disabled Temporarily

Storage has been disabled for the time being, which hopefully shouldn't be too long, as I am reviewing an exploit with the system.

Unfortunately people do cheat, and then I must waste time fixing it and setting up traps so if anyone tries it again, I will know who -- and they can then be banned.

So we will see if whoever was doing it smartens up now...

Your items are still in storage, you just won't be able to use it anymore for now. I don't plan on the solution taking anymore than a day or two.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Special thanks to DurinRustbeard, Product of a Void, and all the others who have made mention of crucial exploits like this one.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Comment

awww, shucks.. that mean I can pester a dm for an event idea to cause havoc, mayhem and pain? I mean fun :P
      blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
      Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
      I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Just an update... sorry about the delay guys, been a busy week at work. (Only started the new job a few weeks ago).

I believe I have corrected the issues but because I need to do testing first persistent storage won't be enabled til this weekend.

Thanks again for the patience and understanding.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

It hasn't been reenabled? * confused * I took a couple little things out of storage today.

* eeps! *
          Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
          Cybil Gelley (Retired)
          Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

Now, really why does one person have to throw away the hard work of of this realm's creator, he does it on his free time and now because one person wants to cheat his way through a *mature* role playing server more of that time which could be spent bettering area's or holding events that benefit those that are grateful for his work. You are logically impeding on, everyone's in this server, free time. *tisk* *tisk*
            Last edited by Zemlock; 02-09-2009, 01:38 AM. Reason: grammatic

Comment

Its not a problem just one person was doing. Others were doing it as well by accident it needed to be addressed.

its a bummer that its disabled but perhaps the value of gems have increased :P.

give it time it will be fixed, these folk are rather crafty.
              blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
              Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
              I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Should already be fixed now.

George Carlin

Comment

Is the WARNING still in effect. I took one thing out of my chest at the Inn and everything vanished. This was reported in the bugs section and Kaeldorn posted a BIG WARNING not to use any chests.
                  sigpic
                  Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

Yeah actually I need to talk to Kaeldorn about that again sometime early this week, I think I might have to restore a backup to fix that.

George Carlin

Comment

I made some fixes before the weekend, but they still need testing. Don't want it to cause any more problems when it goes live.

Comment

Just checking, is the storage system working as it should now? I haven't tried to use it in fear of some deadly glitch.

Just checking if its safe to use storage now.

Thanks.
                        "Who needs a plan when you've got an Axe!"
                        Gael Ironhide

Link to my GF's articles: http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/pnmnp2

Comment

As far as I know it has not been fixed. Believe me when I say you do not want to take anything out of your chest, because you will lose everything. Hopefully they will have this fixed soon.
                          sigpic
                          Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

It's almost working, but there's still one issue that needs to be resolved and I currently can't use our file sharing.

Comment

Persistent storage works again. If you encounter any bugs, please let us know. Try to keep yourself from using the 'take all' button if you have a storage with many different items. It may cause some lag, but that'll be handled soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X