Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mossdale Mega-Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mossdale Mega-Update

The whole region of Mossdale forest and is now up and ready to explore! Of course we will still refine more things there as well as observe balance as we see more parties explore the woods.

Big thanks to all of the staff for pitching in to work on Mossdale, you guys did a great job, big thanks to Maevan, Xeraph, and Hellfire.

Here's an overview of tonight's update:

Mossdale Areas Released:
    - New Stores
    - Updated new models in Mossdale
    - Walkmesh Updates in Mossdale

There are also a number of other nifty updates as detailed by Kaeldorn below.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

The new skills can now be chosen on the levelup screen. Descriptions will notify that these are not fully functional yet, but for all you crafters it may be handy to prepare by picking them up ahead of time.

Swashbuckler, Doomguide and Hellfire Warlock have been given the appropriate custom skills as class skills. Additionally, perform is now a cross-class skill to most classes, and class skill to rogues, monks, shadow dancers, swashbucklers, harper agents and duelists.

Wizards can pick Imbue Material as a class feat, and Red Wizards can use it as their prerequisite.

You'll notice that some of the new Mossdale enemies have rather unexpected dangerous abilities, which means not every fight will be so routine. So for those of you who die...

A new shrine is available where characters can get resurrected. Only those who have proven themselves can make use of it though, for Tempus doesn't favor the weak and cowardly. While it may be a great boon to those whose lives are lost in the war effort, the price for such services is high.

For the rest, the bank UI has been updated, and there are new skill icons for most sundren skills. Sadly, the new skills UI is not yet in. I want to make sure it's perfect before it's released, and I haven't had much time for fine-tuning it in the past days because of the Mossdale updates. For now, the ugly parchment thing will have to do

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeldorn View Post
      A new shrine is available where characters can get resurrected. Only those who have proven themselves can make use of it though, for Tempus doesn't favor the weak and cowardly. While it may be a great boon to those whose lives are lost in the war effort, the price for such services is high.
      Yay!!! One more step closer to a barbarian hold

Comment

I don't think the Triumvirate and Helmites of the Alliance would enjoy it much if you called their keep a barbarian hold

Comment

some day would like to play a hellfire warlock, though I just know temptation to say "Flame on" would be hard to fight.

kinda don't understand the new shrine thing. Does that mean that folks have to quest to use it? or quest to get to it? and is there some decrease in penalties in using it?

*shrug* maybe more beer make better.
          blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
          Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
          I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Max level will be raised after we are satisfied with the forest's balance. We expect this to happen in a timely manner after release.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Product of Void View Post
              some day would like to play a hellfire warlock, though I just know temptation to say "Flame on" would be hard to fight.

kinda don't understand the new shrine thing. Does that mean that folks have to quest to use it? or quest to get to it? and is there some decrease in penalties in using it?

*shrug* maybe more beer make better.
              Eventually, I guess a quest will be needed to reach Mossdale (and Arbiter's Stand), or you can just follow someone there who has the waypoint already. Otherwise there is no quest involved in getting access to it, although the priest only lends his services to people who show their devotion to the Lord of Battles through personal experience and/or faith (generally, the kind of people who would fight against the Bloodmaim to begin with). The penalty is much smaller, and the fee is five times as high as the one at the temple of Helm...

Comment

4000 for a revival? That's a bit steep. How much are the penalties reduced?
                Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
                "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
                UTC -4

Comment

5000g to be alive again, sounds cheap to me. Can I get acess to this service in real life?

PS: It was a neat new area, thanks for all the fun guys, now finally some sleep!
                  "Who needs a plan when you've got an Axe!"
                  Gael Ironhide

Link to my GF's articles: http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/pnmnp2

Comment

Alright! Who's up for an exploration party?
                    Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

I understand from the people with map points that they can't access Mossdale???

It seems its only accessable via DM.

I was looking forward to have a look as well
                      Calandra Gleamblade

Comment

Urrrgh... well, put your name down if you're interested, then, for when the fix comes. See how far we can get
                        Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Originally posted by dieOrg View Post
                          I was looking forward to have a look as well
                          It just costs you gold and XP

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                            Max level will be raised after we are satisfied with the forest's balance. We expect this to happen in a timely manner after release.
                            Meh, I'll wait then. Not getting killed without any good reason
                            Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

Originally posted by Maevan2 View Post
                              It just costs you gold and XP
                              So, is it like the Necropolis? One goes into action immediately? Or is there safe areas before the action starts?

(I would hate dieing walking in for a look and getting killed for the effort before I know how the area looks )
                              Calandra Gleamblade

Comment

Working...
                              X