Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The big event... Mossdale Forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big event... Mossdale Forest

As many of you will know we've been talking about Mossdale for a very long time. Publically, perhaps six months... privately, years.

Development delays are always expected with a large project, especially one run by volunteers. But-- as a labour of love we have continued. As people know we do not set dates, or deadlines... but I believe because of how far we are in development, that I can make an announcement of a release date. The time spent working on Mossdale largely went into the creation of entirely new assets that did not exist in NWN2, our friends at RWS Hellfire and Baron, and of course our own in-house Xeraph have laboured to create amazing new models that will make your jaws drop! ... But in the end it took the entire staff such as Maevan's tireless efforts to bring it all together, and for that we all need to give a big thanks.

I have had more than a few early testers tell me how they suddenly felt as if they had been whisped off to Baldur's Gate or a classic DnD adventure because of the sense of ambience and detail.

Monday, January 5th Mossdale Forest will be released and will eventually be accessible by quest, however for the purposes of this date there will be an event to introduce the first few player trekkers into this ancient and terribly dangerous (and mysterious) region of Sundren.

This forest... Mossdale, contains some of the most ancient trees known anywhere on Faerun, tens of thousands of years old... so much in fact that they jut up into the air like skyscrapers, leaving Mossdale in a perpetual overcast with faint rays of light piercing the massive canopy a mile above.

It is here that the Hands of Gruumsh make their home, composed of a breed of orcs called the Bloodmaim -- a terribly feared breed due their magically bred nature, a technique pioneered by the Thayans. The Bloodmaim are tougher, stronger, faster... and most dangerous of all -- smarter. These orcs fight like an army when it serves them tactically, and when it does not, a barbarian-like horde of chaos may emerge with their attack parties.

Although Mossdale is not recommended for characters under level 15, with its release the soft level cap will be bumped up to level 20. This means killing creatures will level you past 15. However we of course expect players not to go for the easy, relatively worthless rewards and instead have provided a place where exploration and adventure will be achieved only through highly organized party tactics. The rewards can sometimes far outreach the risk, and others... not.

Will you brag how deep you made it in before having to turn tail or get caught? Or that ancient tomb you found hidden away that no one had ever seen before?

Time will tell, and I hope to see everyone Friday night...

On behalf of the Sundren Team thanks for your continued support and as always Mossdale is just a new chapter of the Sundren World with far more exotic places coming on the next horizon...
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Sounds like fun. Will this be an all night event (crosses fingers) or just in the evening.

If it is anything like the rest of Sundren, it is worth waiting for!
    sigpic
    Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

Again, keep up your great work developers and all others involved. It's nice to see Sundren growing the way it does.
      Too bad I haven't had enough time to play very often if at all, but maybe one day my chars get to see this place.
      ~ The puppetmaster of Xilphia Redclaw & Thyral Hammerhand ~

Comment

YAY.... level 20 and a spooky forest.

myself I been wondering when I run into beholders... I miss them as familiars or beast to slay.

new models is that place ables? or creatures?
        blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
        Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
        I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Congratulations staff, this sounds like one hell of a project being completed.
          Characters:
          Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
          Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
          If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Mossdale it's a myth I tell you!
            Lasala'ariira-A Woman Scorned.
            Chara Smith-Bio Here

Meram- Yes she's a shifty Hin, but she's still not going to pickpocket, daylight robbery is much more profitable.
            "The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
            -General George S. Patton

Comment

Wow, that sounds like it'll be one hell of a fun place to be... now all I have to do is work my way up to 15th level so I wouldn't appear suicidal.

Comment

I see only one problem with this... there's no such thing as Friday the 5th of January 2009! But yay, Mossdale!
                I got one leg missin'
                How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                Meet the Feebles

Comment

Monday, yes.. Friday is the balance playtest
                  The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Good work team; not just on Mossdale but all the work on new items, skins, textures and all the mapping in the toolset!
                    Originally posted by roguethree
                    If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                    X