Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes to alchemist's fire and holy water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to alchemist's fire and holy water

Alchemist's fire and holy water are more useful now:
    • Alchemist's fire can now be applied to arrows, bolts, darts and throwing axes too. It does the same ammount of fire damage like when you coat a melee weapon with it
    • Alchemist's fire can no longer be applied to wooden weapons (clubs and quaterstaffs).
    • Holy water can now be applied to all kind of melee weapons, thrown weapons and ammunition and does divine damage vs. undead. It uses the same rules for the amount of damage depending on the quality of the holy water (standard, improved,...)
    • The duration of the effects has been modifed so they last longer. The standard duration was 4 rounds. Now it is 4+x where x is 1..4 depending on the quality.

That is some usefull information!
    sigpic
    Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

I noticed that Alch. Fire on weapons does not do fire damage as it should, but divine, at least in the SoZ campaign. Something to keep in mind when using it against trolls, as I've found out the hard way.
      Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
      Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
      Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
      Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
      Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

Originally posted by Verrath View Post
        I noticed that Alch. Fire on weapons does not do fire damage as it should, but divine, at least in the SoZ campaign. Something to keep in mind when using it against trolls, as I've found out the hard way.
        Obsidian managed to break it in one of the recent updates. I had to modify the original script anyway so i changed the way it works. The original code used the flame weapon spell but for reason it didn't work. The new code doesn't use flame weapon but just adds a temporary item property on the weapon (maybe the code was written before you could add itemproperties on the fly). I don't know whether the effects of it are supposed to stack with an existing elemental damage but even if they they should: at least it works at all now

Comment

Same element damage never stacks with itself, just like enhancement bonus and attack bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeldorn View Post
            Same element damage never stacks with itself, just like enhancement bonus and attack bonus.
            Wrong! The temporary flame weapon spell that rangers (And other classes) get does stack with other flame weapon properties. At least it's that one spell if nothing else, I really don't hunt with casters that often.
            Daelus Bloodmoon (a.k.a. "Thistlegrasper") - Ranger, untrusting and sarcastic ne'er-do-well, and overall jerk.

Dae's theme (For now at least): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdNh9f2Wwm0

Comment

I've tried stacking item properties of the same type, and in case of damage they never did. You DO see the text on your weapon, but if you look closely at the damage you do, you never go over the maximum of the highest +damage.

Comment

The 1.22 beta patch contains a fix for alchemists fire. Once 1.22 is released i might have another look at it.

Comment

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but the ingredients to make alchemists fire and holy water aren't in game at all. And holy water isn't even sold anywhere.

According to the crafting books I've found, basic holy water requires amethyst and powdered silver, neither of which I've found for sale. Alchemist's fire requires fairy dust and distilled alcohol, fairy dust I can't find. Distilled alcohol actually costs about 50% more than basic alchemists fire, and is pretty expensive as it is. The only alchemy recipe I've found ingredients for is choking powder, (also very expensive by the way) I can't find the ingredients for anything else.

Comment

sold dozens of amethyst and seen powdered silver in drops.

also seen lots of other weird stuff.
                    blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
                    Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
                    I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

I've found both Fairy Dust and Powdered Silver in loot drops, though it's not very common
                      Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
                      Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
                      Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
                      Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
                      Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

The cartel drop fairy dust and powderd silver all the time.
                        "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."-Winston Churchill

"A warrior is measured in sacrifice beyond death for he who rises not once but twice shall offer all those nearby you pay the price" Banite Hero

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/126/rwee.png <-- New home.

Ju'eir- http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/6286/sdfsdf.png
                        The power of the hunt.

Comment

In addition to that I have at least two recipe books that contain the recipes for these things and their improved counterparts.
                          Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

Well maybe the droprates ought to be upped on these things. I've never once seen them drop myself. And considering the very limited effectiveness of alchemy items, it shouldn't be unbalancing.

Comment

I find them and sell them all the time. Not in large quantities, but they do drop. There may even be a few shops that sell them!
                              sigpic
                              Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

Working...
                              X