Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mossdale... coming soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mossdale... coming soon!

Hello people of Sundren

You might not know me, but I am senior mapper on Sundren, and I wanted to give you a preview of whats about to come in a short while.

The dev staff have been working on alot of different projects this past year, spreading our effort and hours out over alot of different areas in Sundren. This is why you havent seen anything new for a loooong time. Call it... the "spreading of the butter too thin symptom".

So after meeting up with my partner in crime (Maeven) and our dark lord (Saulus) we decided to place all our resources in one place. Why didn't we do that a long time ago... duh.

Here is a sneak peak of one of the areas that this project will feature.

MOSSDALE GRAVEYARD

Mossdale Graveyard - A dark and especially sinister part of the great swampy dale. Once a hallowed place, the wards that kept the spirits at bay have sunk into the muddy depths, leaving it a untamed and desecrated section of Mossdale that not even the orcs dare venture.

To achieve the right feel it was important to have parts of the old benevolent graveyard reamaining. A cathedral that defied the murky dale can be found in the graveyard. Once a beacon of hope amidst the tall ancient trees, this island of holyness has fallen to the evil of Mossdale like everything else.

I used this image for inspiration before beginning my modelling work.

The modelling have come this far:

Don't worry, in the area it has the right color. Just need tinting

With this I will conclude my preview. Hope you all enjoyed it. If you have been good minions, you could get lucky and Maeven might post a teaser screenshot aswell.

(ps. pictures in full size can be found in the gallery.)

Wow neat. Hope it's not too high level so I can go and give it a try.
    Lasala'ariira-A Woman Scorned.
    Chara Smith-Bio Here

Meram- Yes she's a shifty Hin, but she's still not going to pickpocket, daylight robbery is much more profitable.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton

Comment

You can always try

Comment

*Looks at his screenshots and pics two of them*

Arbiter's stand, a fortress at the border to mossdale forrest, at night

The border of mossdale forrest. Only few of those who dared to enter it were seen again

Comment

I love it, all looks like good stuff heading to sundren!

I dont know about the rest of you but the reason I like the Forgotten Realms campaigns and more importantly D&D in general is the settings and the scenery, most of which are only illustrated in books. If you can make your own enterpretation of the scenery (from what we already have in sundren is brilliant) all the better eh?!
          Originally posted by roguethree
          If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Can't wait, but I am worried about having to get through the rest of the areas just to be able to stand a chance... Am I worrying for a good reason?
            Aratil Lafaer, CG Moon Elf Bard
            Themes:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uULnXjrl5MQ&feature=fvsr
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdCfcjmxouo

Comment

Mossdale will test all of Sundren's strongest adventurers for their mettle... but -- the rewards will also match the risk.

We also have some yet unrevealed new projects that will focus exclusively on level ranges 3-10.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I'm quite certain that, lore-wise, it's common knowledge to most of Sundren's concerned citizens that the forces stationed at Mossdale receive very heavy resistance, and have been at a stale-mate... forever. As such, yes, it is safe to assume great danger.
                Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Teenagers -.-

Im looking forward to seeing these 3-10 areas Saulus mentioned
                  Originally posted by roguethree
                  If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                  X