Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excerpt of Sundren City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excerpt of Sundren City

Many call Sundren a natural fortress. If this is true, then Sundren City is its heart. The massive stone gates command respect from all who pass through them, and can be seen for miles away, even in foggy conditions.

Explorers venture here from Waterdeep, exchanging goods and getting a good nights sleep at the Sundren Comfort Inn. On the other end of the city, Sundren University is sprawling with eager students studying the arcane arts.

At the centre of the city stands "The Citadel" --a massive structure that pierces the horizon and dominates the landscape of the region. Within the citadel the council of Arbiters resides, the oligarchy that governs Sundren.
    Last edited by TheId; 03-01-2007, 12:32 AM.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

*gets all excited*

If it's anything like Baldur's Gate as you mentioned in another thread... *drools*

I just hope the server and my system can handle the contents using this, erm... imperfect... game engine. I remember one of the ALFA servers, actually Baldurs Gate, would come to a crawl and be brought to its knees whenever a PC entered the main part of the city, it was so massive/detailed and resource consuming. It would make the entire server unplayable for a few minutes.
    PC - Corwin Eska'las (Sun Elf pursuing the dream of becoming a Bladesinger)

Alt PC - Brevin Smoothands (meticulously groomed half orc bard swashbuckler... sort of... sings great, less fighting)

Comment

I love beautiful scenery and things like this...theres times where my character AND me just become captured by the scenery in a PW. x.x

It looks breathtaking...

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildur View Post
        *gets all excited*

If it's anything like Baldur's Gate as you mentioned in another thread... *drools*

I just hope the server and my system can handle the contents using this, erm... imperfect... game engine. I remember one of the ALFA servers, actually Baldurs Gate, would come to a crawl and be brought to its knees whenever a PC entered the main part of the city, it was so massive/detailed and resource consuming. It would make the entire server unplayable for a few minutes.
        Actually Sundren City's design by Ash is rather ingenius. It's split up into several districts and the overall layout makes it seem bigger than it actually is, when in actual fact it will be much more stable than Port Avanthyr, the largest area in the mod. Quality-over-Quantity.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

*gives thumbs up* Can't wait.
          PC - Corwin Eska'las (Sun Elf pursuing the dream of becoming a Bladesinger)

Alt PC - Brevin Smoothands (meticulously groomed half orc bard swashbuckler... sort of... sings great, less fighting)

Comment

I am eager to visit the Sundren university .
            Zorn Terinus - the arcane scientist
            Drogan Ebonshield - the dwarven mercenary

Comment

Finally, no more people hanging at the gates of Avanthyr! WOOOOO!

Comment

DoES it HAvE a Dog PaRK!?!?!?!??!111

Or someplace similar my half-orc can run free, pee, and be wild?
                Player behind ~ Ohgmek

Comment

Coming up next, the port of Sundren \o/
                  Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfaldo View Post

It has a back yard... the wilderness

Comment

awesome, cant wait till sundren citys out... O_o.... Finally, no more ugly port Avanthyr. im in school right now, my art teachers gone missin, and gone to another classroom.. get to do whatever i want on the comp.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfaldo View Post

Whispering Winds Park. It surrounds the Temple of Waukeen. Some say you can hear divine voices while walking through it.

George Carlin

Comment

OOh, new temples. what other temples will there be?

Comment

Hopefully it will be as sexy ( if not more ) than Aquor.
                            "Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man."
                            - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Ooooo. I defiantly approve of the multiple district idea - reminds me fondly of Athkatla from BG2. Also, that illusion of a "supercity" while, in reality, being much more stable than it is really, really classy. I am so looking forward to the next CP update.
                              Character(s)
                              >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
                              ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

Working...
                              X