Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update July 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update July 27th

Two significant updates on this night.

Object Storage is now available at inns and faction chests. This means you place an item in there and it will be there even after a server reset. Note that inn chests work differently over faction chests and other persistent chests... you will only see your own personal storage when using an inn chest. Another player would see theirs, etc.

The other update is the new .follow command which can be used to follow your currently targeted player. This is useful if you want to follow someone who shows you an area on your map you haven't explored.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Great work Saul
    Lately the only thing that keeps me from wishing for a worldwide disaster... is that it would probably interrupt my network connection

Kathryn Blake - In the time between times anything is possible. Kathryn's Theme Song
    (S)
    Sasha Mursadus - Does that hurt? No?... let me try a little harder then... Sasha's Theme Song

Who is the person who will defend the defenseless?

Comment

Thank you very much, awesome work.
      Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
      "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Both of these updates make me very happy. For inn chests, I assume you don't have to worry about losing all your items when your rent expires?
        Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
        "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
        UTC -4

Comment

No because the inn chests use personal player storage, so in theory you could rent another room anywhere else and open that chest and your stuff is all there. (That was one of the many things I already considered when I originally designed the inn system).
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

even more cool than I originally though, now you can never lose anything you put into storage
            Lately the only thing that keeps me from wishing for a worldwide disaster... is that it would probably interrupt my network connection

Kathryn Blake - In the time between times anything is possible. Kathryn's Theme Song
            (S)
            Sasha Mursadus - Does that hurt? No?... let me try a little harder then... Sasha's Theme Song

Who is the person who will defend the defenseless?

Comment

This is actually two of the biggest things I was looking forward to having. Hano is forever carrying 200lbs+ of crap in his inventory.

With the faction sharing I can dump off the things I'm holding onto for other players, and with the personal storage I can dump the things that I have plans for in the future.

The .follow command speaks for itself when it comes to handiness. Great stuff, Saulus.
              "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
              Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

I knew Hano was a mule *nods*

And Yay! for the update!
                Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
                Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
                Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
                Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
                Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

Another excellent job by the crack team of developers.
                  Active

Inactive

Cazen - A guy who "knows a guy..."
                  - Nights in Neverwinter (Cazen History)
                  - Back on the Street

Thrice-Cursed Ruslan - An outcast among outcasts
                  - Tales of a Foolish Brother (Ruslan History)

Comment

Wow. Just wow... Now I don't have to worry about being overloaded on Heal kits (And can stock them to my heart's content), -AND- I no longer have to use the barter command as an easy way of following someone :P That'll save on some confused looks when I catch up to them.
                    Daelus Bloodmoon (a.k.a. "Thistlegrasper") - Ranger, untrusting and sarcastic ne'er-do-well, and overall jerk.

Dae's theme (For now at least): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdNh9f2Wwm0

Comment

I'm sure the follow command will relieve a lot of people who can't be bothered to do quests for their map points
                      Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

I noticed that with a faction storage bin, you can see and take items that other players have put in it. So I will stick with storing loot in my chest at the inn.
                        sigpic
                        Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

yes faction storage is group storage.

George Carlin

Comment

Sounds cool to me anyways, most people are pretty honest here! Besides if you join Satan's legion expect to have your loot nicked!
                            Originally posted by roguethree
                            If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                            X