Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardware Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware Woes

I've had a fun few weeks with hardware problems, first a fried stick of memory, then my laser mouse starts having issues, then my brand new router has a port die on it, then one of the database servers had a hardrive die.

Needless to say not all of this is under warranty and I'm going to need some help from you guys, our community to once again keep the Sundren infastructure up and running smoothly. Thankfully I have enough servers now that one failing won't put us down anymore but maintenance with all these systems takes more and more of my time.

I'd like to thank everyone again for your continued support, without you guys we wouldn't be where we are today because running the Sundren machine is definetly not free.

Whether it's $5 or $50 every donation helps... if you haven't donated before and play here... think about how much you spend on a MMO and how much you have to spend here for free continued support. Please -- donate.

Thanks
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

I sent 10 CAD
    "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

How much do I have to donate for a +10 scimitar with +20 elemental damage of each type, as well as having a 30th level character?
      Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Logan pays 10 USD... likely pickpocketed from Hano.
        ~~~ || Characters: Pythios Wyrmborn || ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Kangleton View Post
          How much do I have to donate for a +10 scimitar with +20 elemental damage of each type, as well as having a 30th level character?
          Donate $1k to MY account and I'll hook you up. ( I may be banned afterwards.. but $1k is $1k after all!)

Every man has his price. Mine's $1k USD

Comment

Originally posted by sharringtonm View Post
            Donate $1k to MY account and I'll hook you up. ( I may be banned afterwards.. but $1k is $1k after all!)

Every man has his price. Mine's $1k USD
            So cheap? Hardly surprising.
            I got one leg missin'
            How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
            Meet the Feebles

Comment

Donation made Thanks all for the great work you all do, and thank you saulus for keeping up the servers. Anyone know if the server being down is related to more hardware issues?
              "Who needs a plan when you've got an Axe!"
              Gael Ironhide

Link to my GF's articles: http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/pnmnp2

Comment

Can I donate theoretical dollars?
                "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Comment

Saulus I will donate as soon as I finish my move, it may take a month or so, but until I get moved I need to watch my pennies, but I promise I will help out. I'm sorry I can't now
                  Lately the only thing that keeps me from wishing for a worldwide disaster... is that it would probably interrupt my network connection

Kathryn Blake - In the time between times anything is possible. Kathryn's Theme Song
                  (S)
                  Sasha Mursadus - Does that hurt? No?... let me try a little harder then... Sasha's Theme Song

Who is the person who will defend the defenseless?

Comment

After an electrical storm last night my cable and internet were knocked out, regardless of the fact that everything was on a UPS. After speaking to my provider I have to wait two days until Tuesday before a technician to come out to even look at the damage.

It wasn't enough dealing with that, later this morning I found out even though my desktop (which I do all my work on) was off, a power surge (it isn't on a UPS) corrupted my entire windows installation and killed one of my hardrives. I have a lot on my hands right now and I still have school and work to deal with inbetween.
                    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

$10.07 from me... I'd give a thousand if it would make a difference (and I had it).

Comment

Just take your time Saulus, worry about work and school first man. Hopefully the rest will work itself out in the coming days, shit happens some times *shrugs* just gotta deal with it.
                        Akodo
                        Rhime - or is he?

Comment

I'd like to say thank you to you Saulus just for all your dedication. I know it's rough sometimes, but you really care about the server and making it enjoyable. So thanks very much for making one of the most enjoyable NWN servers I've ever played on.
                          Lately the only thing that keeps me from wishing for a worldwide disaster... is that it would probably interrupt my network connection

Kathryn Blake - In the time between times anything is possible. Kathryn's Theme Song
                          (S)
                          Sasha Mursadus - Does that hurt? No?... let me try a little harder then... Sasha's Theme Song

Who is the person who will defend the defenseless?

Comment

I'll buy Saulus his dream-computer with all his dream-equipment and his own power generator or something stupid like that, when I'm back from Africa.

Done. Problem solved.

Then I'm expecting some serious love.
                            Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Originally posted by Kangleton View Post
                              I'll buy Saulus his dream-computer with all his dream-equipment and his own power generator or something stupid like that, when I'm back from Africa.
                              I am afraid that would just cause his whole house to explode and we wouldn't gain anything

Comment

Working...
                              X