Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exploitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploitation

It has come to the staff's attention numerous people have been exploiting some particular Sundren features for the usual benefits: xp, gold and/or loot.

Not only is this insulting to the staff's hard work, it's insulting to other players who follow the rules. It's a big slap in the face especially when people think they can get away with this. Because people insist on doing this (you know who you are) I personally along with the rest of the staff must now divert time that could be spent enriching the player experience to punish people responsible. Just as gold, xp and loot were a motivator for exploiting in the first place, it's only fitting that they will be a punishment to deter this activity.

I can guarantee you will seriously regret any kind of exploitation in Sundren.

If this isn't you, then you have nothing to worry about. Our staff is here to help those who respect and follow our rules, and you can expect the same kind of treatment in return. Pleading ignorrance to the matter will not help you, we clearly outline our rules in the wiki and everyone is warned when they join the site to fully understand our rules before joining.

Thanks
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Busted!!

I support the perma ban idea
    "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

I'd like to take the time to personally thank each and every person that exploited. You've spit in my face over the multiple hours I spent making this quest system. And the next few hours I will spend rewriting it. It's nice to see that you have such high moral fiber.

Thanks for the insult.

Comment

Well, umm, on the bright side...

Ok, I can't think of a bright side right now. I'll get back to you, though. In addition, I'd also like to express my hopes that the DEV team isn't discouraged by this, as I'm sure that the majority of us players greatly appreciate all the effort, whether it's been exploited or not.
        Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Anyone caught exploiting the system will be on my shit list for a long time. I'd tell you to ask the last person who got on to my shit list what happened when I found out, but they're not here anymore. Clear?

Seriously. Just don't.

Comment

can you define exploiting? is going to the forest more than once (i.e. that's the only place my guys can handle) considered exploiting?
            characters:
            Jos'iah Ithildurin - Semper, a guardian of Haldemar. "One should always be faithful"
            Elijah - Warrior Mage and Legionairre of Sundren. "My axe and my magic will cleave you!"
            Duskthorne - Bounty Hunter. "Every land needs a masked man to do the dirty work for them" (personal heroes: The Knight of the Flying Rodent and The Monk of the Arachnid Order)

Comment

Mmm.. I dunno if that's what they are talking about me_less, this sounds like some people were exploiting some quest. I can't say I'm not curious as to what happened, but since it's an exploit, I doubt the DM's are going to elaborate on it, so I'll leave it at that.

The only thing you might be in danger of with going in to the forest a bunch of times would be 'grinding' hehe, while I can't say it's not frowned upon here, this sounds like something bigger...
              Akodo
              Rhime - or is he?

Comment

No, Me_less. More or less (get it?), an exploit is when you are taking advantage of an undiscovered bug or oversight.
                "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
                -Bill Maher

Comment

The correct thing to do is report the exploit and not... er... exploit it. I take absolutely zero pleasure in having to police players or hand out penalties (in fact, quite a lot less than zero). It's no fun for anyone involved and a waste of time to boot. I've already spent a couple of hours on policing in the last day when I could have been running events and so forth.

Please behave!
                  I got one leg missin'
                  How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                  Meet the Feebles

Comment

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
                    ((EDIT: This was meant for a post stated before that was removed. It is not for anyone else on this thread.))
                    Last edited by Silas North; 05-31-2008, 05:14 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Osclow Wiltenholm- "I have seen behind the mask and almost miss the bliss of ignorance."

Comment

I think it was made clear that it was an exploitation? You should be more respectful, everything is going to have flaws when made and players should respect that, and give the staff the courtesy of not exploiting flaws until or if they are fixed. also, by no means are any of the staff assholes or anything else you said I won't repeat.
                      Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
                      "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

I petition to not delete Dimitrius post, but have it moved to a new thread entitled 'How to not be Constructive' or 'How to Invoke the Wrath of the Staff'.

Seriously though - I don't have to say or explain anything to him, because he's the one out of a million that hasn't learned how to respect the efforts of many people.

We can't teach you good morality and to not exploit bugs - We ain't your parents - But by Torm's Loyal Fury they can kick you the hell out of our way so we can enjoy the game. Enjoy your B7 good sir. Your battleship has been sunk.
                        "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
                        Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

Oh look another player that's going to go play on Dragoncoast/The Forgotten Realm.

Sundren enforces its rules and we don't let people get away with cheating other players. Even if that means that we lose these people to the fold, I think we can all feel safer knowing we don't have to listen to their crap.
                          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Besides, we are a good and respected community of NWN2, and of course, we don't need people like this to mess up all the hard work that has been done here.
                            "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

I gotta say, when my Paladin Erik wanders around he doesnt simply see the creatures as chunks of floating exp or the quest-givers as opportunities to get stronger. Being a high level can make your role-play more interesting because you can take part in the epic quests that some DM's take the time to prepare for all the players but grinders and exploiters seem to think that the only goal when playing online is to be stronger than other players. I doubt they seriously care for DM events.

I guess my point is that its really sad to hear about these kind of people on a server specifically set out for deep roleplay! Especially when it makes the devs working hard to create new areas for the roleplayers to explore feel like their hard work is going to waste .

I support perma-bans on players who feel that Sundren is merely a competition to see who can become the strongest and best optimised in the shortest time. Perhaps they can meet sharringtomn's draco-lich of death before getting banned.

Comment

Working...
                              X