Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peak of Sundren City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneak Peak of Sundren City

I have kept specifcs of Sundren City under wraps for awhile, but I figured I would feed you a few breadcrumbs. The majority of the exterior work is done, right now we're working on all the interiors and in the stages of placing various NPCs in different locations. ETA for all those who plan on asking is "when it's done".

Full image: http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.ph..._tradetier.jpg

Oh yes-- that's a Temple of Waukeen.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

If I could marry an image, it'd be Mariah Carey's... but that image I'd cheat on her with.

Comment

As Chris Farley would have said: "Awesome"
      Malak Hekkus - Ex merchant
      Rex Romo - Sailor and cleric

Comment

*eyes melt, head explodes*

Ohmygawdawesome.
        Character(s)
        >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
        ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

Marriage applications to the builders down the hall, last door on the right. Thank you.
          Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

So...the city seems to be pretty damn big then.
            "The Weave is the source of all magic in Faerun, and I would give my life to protect it!"
            Selene Canadiel--Knight of the Weave
            "I have failed you once....I will not fail you again!"
            Sylvanas Kathar--Thayan Knight

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvanas_Kathar View Post
              So...the city seems to be pretty damn big then.
              Big yes, but it's also very detailed.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Wow.. it's almost like aerial photography of an actual European city! Is that your guy's secret!? Looks awesome!

What's kind of nice about Sundren, is that unlike other servers, it actually has more cities than hunting spots. I just hope it doesn't spread the player base out too thin when it comes for looking for people to bump into and RP
                Player behind ~ Ohgmek

Comment

I just hope it isnt sooo big that finding people to rp with is going to be hard. It would be nice if people hung out at a certain spot. Right now, thats Port Avanthyrs main gate.

Comment

That looks fantastic, as do the other town/city areas. My only concern is how well the game engine and my system and the server handle such large areas; today I seemed to have some issues loading Port Avanthyr a couple times when a group of PCs were milling around near the smithy.
                    PC - Corwin Eska'las (Sun Elf pursuing the dream of becoming a Bladesinger)

Alt PC - Brevin Smoothands (meticulously groomed half orc bard swashbuckler... sort of... sings great, less fighting)

Comment

First quest!!

That was really fun!! Nivenka and I partied up with Hroth, Syd, and some others to help Laus find a missing child in the caves! HA! This is great!! We safely returned him to his mother, and them we all went and got drunk at Menacing Mariner.
                      aka Ashercon - Join us at neverwinternightspodcast.com

Comment

Glad to know you had fun.

Comment

I'm fairly certain loading PC's is more burder than loading placeables. Generally placeables have very little data. Scale, tinting values if applicable, position, small states.

Players have status effects, armor data, equipment, tinting to a higher degree, position, scale, etc etc etc.

Comment

*humps the new city sneak peek*

Err, wait... hope noone saw that...

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
                            "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
                            Eldraxus Tzyvioq
                            Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...

Comment

The districts of the city themselves are actually smaller than a lot of the areas in Sundren but combined its large. It's rather efficient. Also despite Avanthyr's size many of the objects are environmental and again it's actually a rather efficient area compared to other larger ones.

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X