Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sundren UPS Online!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundren UPS Online!

Just wanted to let everyone know your donations were a big help and because of that I was able to get a new UPS battery backup for the server. No more worries of brownouts or power failures (which we've had a few of). This should help avoid character corruption and improve server performance.

For those of you who are true geeks at heart, here is some eye candy.

The server in the back is the Sundren Database server running Fedora Core 9 (Linux) and of course there is the main beefy Sundren server up front which is running Windows Server 2003 R2 x64.

Here is the new spiffy UPS which only runs at 16% capacity with both servers, the good news is when I get my third server sometime next week I can easily run it on this.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Glad we could help you with your nerdgasms. It's the least we could do for the dedication in running Sundren and keeping it fun to play!
    "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
    Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

Thanks Saulus!

Comment

Great news. You guys do an awesome job maintaining a world we all love to call home.
        Tis now the very witching time of night,
        When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out
        Contagion to this world.

Comment

OOO, and a G15 board, same as me.

Comment

That's my old one, I have the new orange one for my workstation.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Hey Saulus ... I have no clue what is G15 or what is it that you have orange ... but just wondering since you have Geralt - The Witcher as your avatar - did you read the book(s) as well or only played the game ... or perhaps only liked the picture?
              KociPazur
              sigpic

Comment

I've beaten the game a few times, haven't read the books (They aren't in English, and while it is a Polish Fantasy novel and I am polish, I only know a bit of the language).

George Carlin

Comment

The books are great ... especially the compilation of short novels.

Also I guess good news for you - some were translated to English and are available on Amazon.com and other sites:
                  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?...pkowski&page=1

whenever you want to look for them put author's name in the search. The name is SAPKOWSKI ... I have actually met him - used to live in the same city with him and work in marketing for a big chain similar to Borders... but that's not important.

I don't know how good the translation is (I read all the books in original) but would definitely recommend them to people that like fantasy.

Enjoy
                  KociPazur
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KociPazur View Post
                    The books are great ... especially the compilation of short novels.

Also I guess good news for you - some were translated to English and are available on Amazon.com and other sites:
                    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?...pkowski&page=1

whenever you want to look for them put author's name in the search. The name is SAPKOWSKI ... I have actually met him - used to live in the same city with him and work in marketing for a big chain similar to Borders... but that's not important.

I don't know how good the translation is (I read all the books in original) but would definitely recommend them to people that like fantasy.

Enjoy
                    It's supposed to be "people who like fantasy" not "people that like fantasy". Also, you forgot capital letters at a few places, other than that, nice typing!

And I almost forgot, you actually met that author guy? Cool!

Comment

Thank you Professor EHJF for that valuable lesson *bows, sits down and then stares at the chalk board*
                      Last edited by KociPazur; 05-14-2008, 06:07 PM.
                      KociPazur
                      sigpic

Comment

Silence! This is my classroom!

Comment

So, am I the only one who watched Wiedzmin the mini series with poor english subtitles?

Comment

Arghh ... Mate, read the books instead.
                            When they first released the full movie that was supposed to be a start of series of shorter episodes I was very excited. Because of my job I was at the press launch and had to take care of the cast promoting the movie so spent some time with them and took them to a dinner (which was quite interesting as Yennefer seemed to like me )... then I watched the movie and being a fan of the books I was disappointed. But if anybody wants to try watch the movie properly - I will be in Poland between 28.05 and 05.06 and can look for a proper DVD - with a title like that (never really a hit and over 5 years old) it should not be expensive.
                            KociPazur
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KociPazur View Post
                              Arghh ... Mate, read the books instead.
                              When they first released the full movie that was supposed to be a start of series of shorter episodes I was very excited. Because of my job I was at the press launch and had to take care of the cast promoting the movie so spent some time with them and took them to a dinner (which was quite interesting as Yennefer seemed to like me )... then I watched the movie and being a fan of the books I was disappointed. But if anybody wants to try watch the movie properly - I will be in Poland between 28.05 and 05.06 and can look for a proper DVD - with a title like that (never really a hit and over 5 years old) it should not be expensive.
                              Really? AWESOME! I say go for that girl Yennefer! You're halfway in! And I really want that movie. I've read all the books and masturbate to them every day, and I learnt polish just so I could read them.

Comment

Working...
                              X