Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update April 29th - New Feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update April 29th - New Feature

In an update coming tonight I will implement a new feature that should benefit everyone. A particular merchant in everyone's favourite hangout will offer the services of crafting a symbol for your deity for a nominal fee.

When using this symbol, you will be able to pray (similar to the .pray command) in an inn to your patron deity, and receive a blessing from them. This allows people who do not have a temple for their patron deity in Sundren to still be able to pray to their deity to receive a blessing. It also gives more incentive to use the rest areas in inns before going exploring in your adventuring ways.

For those of you who don't know, there are many temples around Sundren. If your deity has a temple, you can visit it, and when you see "You enter a place of worship" on your screen, you can use the .pray command to receive a blessing from your deity.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Thank me for inspiring this epiphany!
    Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Coolio, now Gorm isn't such a silly diety to pick.
      Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
      "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Originally posted by Kangleton View Post
        Thank me for inspiring this epiphany!
        Only with your inane questioning.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Thank ... yous?

Comment

Sweet
            "Feel the fervor growing,but the hate is stronger.My heart was whole with you,but the pain was mine."

Comment

Haha, cool! Now I can Arvoreen me up some goblins!
              Characters:
              Pericles Redfoot
              Wings

Comment

Tight! Great work!
                • The Lovely Amber Rose
                • Niles Nilton, Professional Gardener
                • Abigail Fenn, Lady Dwarf of Citadel Felbarr

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus
                  .A particular merchant in everyone's favourite hangout will offer the services of crafting a symbol for your deity for a nominal fee.
                  In the context of role-playing, would we be able to pretend we've always had the holy symbol, or does he have to craft one?

I ask because it could be a bit of a problem down the line, when a thief, after a particularly brilliant heist, is cozying up with his symbol to Mask and the local constabulary ask the nice old holy symbol crafter if there's been any 'suspicious' purchases as of late, and then use his answer to track down the thief.
                  James Arrow: Potion Vendor

Comment

Hmm, actually.. If I remember right that is. A cleric needs theyr holysymbol to be able to cast theyr spells.

Comment

will each god have there own blessings or will it be a set one for all.

Comment

A cleric only needs a holy symbol for turning undead, not for spells.

However on holy symbols in general, remember that this is a polytheistic world! That person buying a symbol of Mask shouldn't be suspicious anymore than the five hundred thousand other people buying the same symbol are.

No one worships just one god in the realms. They all have their purposes and they all try to influence an individual's life to get their worship. Even worshiping just the "good" gods or "evil" gods would be exceedingly rare, even among paladins/blackguards and clerics.

Worship Mask because you want to appease him and hope thieves go rob someone else. Or worship him because you try to hide in the shadows, and want to stay unseen while you track that child killer to his lair. Sure, thieves also worship him to be good thieves.

Worship Shar because your best friend died, or because you are having trouble remembering things, or you want to forget a bad time in your life, or if you're just plain afraid of the dark. Of course you could be an emo, nihilistic type and identify with Shar too.

Waukeen, naturally would be worshiped almost by everyone who wants or needs money (which is nearly everyone), for obvious reasons.

Et cetera.

Comment

This is a very cool feature and lends itself to some very cool RP.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganKing View Post
                            This is a very cool feature and lends itself to some very cool RP.
                            Agreed. Between this and the inverted daggers I'm a happy camper!
                            "People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."
                            Laric Frashul - Healer Priest of Ilmater

Comment

That is great.

And I think that Alex's deity would feel quite comfortable if she was worshiped in inns. Even in the common rooms really
                              Alex: the bass drum player

Comment

Working...
                              X