Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website Migration and Server Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Migration and Server Updates

If you're seeing this then that means you're now viewing the Sundren website on its new webserver which I hope should prove to be more responsive and provide better performance (if not I'll have to find another).

I've also setup a rigorous backup plan on the main Sundren server to avoid any loss of data/characters. My next project is to buy a UPS which I've priced out for the server, unfortunately the SSD drive parts I wanted are on backorder so I'd like to ensure that even through power outtages that Sundren will still be running.

Stay tuned for more Sundren updates...
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Thanks for maintaining this forum, donators and staff.

Comment

Hopefully as the new server gets used to the Sundren website it will stat working better for me, but 'so far' I've noticed the website has actually been going slower for me. Not sure about anyone else.

I second Chiangtao's statement.

Edit : It seems that the website speeds up after a few minutes of me being logged in, but when I first enter the site and log in it goes pretty slow for a few mins.
      Akodo
      Rhime - or is he?

Comment

It should be better, I've talked to the new host. If problems continue though I'll have a chat with them again. Personally It's been a lot faster for me since this afternoon when they changed some things.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

The website seems to hang at times, locking my web browser. It happened at home and at work.

Comment

Way faster from here, as far as I can tell.
            Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
            Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
            Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
            Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
            Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

Yeah, that's what I've been experiencing as well pagan.
              Akodo
              Rhime - or is he?

Comment

Same thing here. It's generally quite fast, but sometimes pages just won't load for a long period of time and it appears to be hanging. Usually, pressing refresh solves that problem. Looks like package loss to me.

Comment

OKay... I may have spoken too soon. I have the habit of opening 4 or 5 things I want to read in new tabs in my browser (so I don't lose my place in the new posts section), so sending quite a few page requests to the database simultaneously.

That seems to be causing database errors lately. It never caused any trouble on the old server.

From what I can see if I just call a single page, things are fine. Will experiment more and try to get a more detailed report if there is anything to add.
                  Last edited by Verrath; 04-11-2008, 04:21 AM. Reason: typoes....
                  Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
                  Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
                  Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
                  Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
                  Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

For me its either superfast page load (much quicker than before) or timeout. Nothing in between.
                    Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

I'm same as sparkeh, just seems to lag out sometimes.
                      Originally posted by Lollercide
                      Not even Ilmater would suffer Dune and Mach's wrath for us.

Comment

Getting a lot of database errors of the past couple of hours.
                        Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

I'm hating this website change. It used to be perfect for me, but now I have to wait several minutes to load pages sometimes, and once in a while I'll get database errors or various "Page Not Found" messages. Whenever I post, the following page never loads properly and sometimes results in my message being posted more than once - it's driving me crazy. I can't spam the forums properly anymore.

I liked the way it used to be.
                          Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Sadly I have to agree, I never had any problems with the website the way it used to be, but now every time I click a button it's a crap shoot. Sometimes it works fine, other times I spend like two minutes refreshing and resending or backing up, having to relog in etc. I'm not sure how exactly the new server is different from the old one, or the reason for the change, but I would say that since the change the forum experience for me has been more difficult. I've been trying different methods, but they seem to have the same results, lots of Database errors.
                            Akodo
                            Rhime - or is he?

Comment

Agreed. It is a terrible experience for me now

Comment

Working...
                              X